Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charlesland Drains

• 29-11-2017 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All, 
    I'm in one of the mid terrace two beds, recently moved in, 
    We have a deck laid out the back, when we use the washing machine and dishwasher, there is a fairly bad smell of drains and sewage, 
    Does anyone know is there a drain located under the deck? if so any ideas where, so I dont have to rip up the whole deck? 
    As I'm mid terrace does that mean the issue might be at either end of the terrace block? 
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

irlontop wrote: »
    Hi All, 
    I'm in one of the mid terrace two beds, recently moved in, 
    We have a deck laid out the back, when we use the washing machine and dishwasher, there is a fairly bad smell of drains and sewage, 
    Does anyone know is there a drain located under the deck? if so any ideas where, so I dont have to rip up the whole deck? 
    As I'm mid terrace does that mean the issue might be at either end of the terrace block? 
    Thanks

My decking is still the original decking. I’m 2 bed mid terrace. There’s part that is cutout for access to the drain you are referring to. You simply lever it up. I wonder if your decking has been replaced ? Perhaps the new decking hasn’t allowed for this access.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

FirstIn wrote: »
    My decking is still the original decking. I’m 2 bed mid terrace. There’s part that is cutout for access to the drain you are referring to. You simply lever it up.

Different companies build different parts of Charlesland so there are variations in what was done. Not all builders may have left an access hatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 irlontop

Thanks,

Its in the "Wood" Doesn't seem to be a hatch, im pretty sure its the original decking.

Could you let me know what side of the house the drain is at? if your standing in the back garden looking at the back of the house, left or right will hopefully mean I have to lift less of the deck, at least somewhere to start anyway.

Is this a common problem?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I am aware of a number of plumbing and drain issues in Charlesland, most of them in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 alexnapier101

Welcome to Charlesland.

I would suggest joining the Charlesland Open Forum on Facebook.

I am sure you will get better luck thier with somebody who has had the same issue as you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Look down through the gaps in the decking. You should be able to see the black plastic drain cover. I reckon mines directly inline with the sink.
    Early Charlesland Wood was Ballymore built I think. I’ve heard some say the later houses weren’t as well built.

Hi all,

Thanks for the help so far,

I have found the drain and it did have a small hatch we could open, but that seems to be the drain for the toilets only,(and is unblocked) when I run the tap, it doesn’t empty to there, could there be a second drain under the deck also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭.243

is the smell in the house when you run the machines or the whole time

Got sorted thanks all,

Another drain on other side under deck with the decking crossbeam resting on drain cover,

Thanks again,

Advertisement