Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energia price increase

Options
  • 29-11-2017 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    As you know price increases in energia kick in on December 1st, due to being in contract I am informed by them that I cannot switch or I'll be charge €50 break out fee. Surely if they've increased their standard unit charge they've broken the term of our contract.
    Any input?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Try this forum, more appropriate for your query imho.

Linkhttps://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

Ask mods to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,020 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Westwood wrote: »
    Hi all
    As you know price increases in energia kick in on December 1st, due to being in contract I am informed by them that I cannot switch or I'll be charge €50 break out fee. Surely if they've increased their standard unit charge they've broken the term of our contract.
    Any input?

Energy contracts allow changes in rates, unless you have a specific fixed term rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

You probably get a percentage reduction of the unit rate which can change whereas your percentage reduction cannot.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

So to break contract is €50 euro whereas electric Ireland are offering 175 cashback so as saving of €125?

Advertisement