Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer Hunting Licence - Permission Form

• 29-11-2017 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've a question around applying for a deer license, specifically regarding the "Landowner Permission Form" on the NPWS website.

Do you need to complete new permission forms every year?

It seems a bit tedious if you have multiple permissions to have to get each land owner to sign another new form every year.

I have a letter from each of my land owners that includes the same detail that is required to complete the "Landowner Permission Form" (name, contact details, folio number, etc). I thought I might be able to use these in perpetuity?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Its every year unfortunately. I used to go around and get my self made forms signed around February/March and submit the application for the next year as soon as the previous years season (excluding section 42s) ended. However they sent back my forms a couple years back when they introduced their own form for permission.

As for all your permissions, you don't need them all. Once the few you give in has their minimum of 100 acres it's enough. You can add new permissions each year or not. Once you get the license you can still use the land yu have permission on regardless of whether it was used to obtain the license. That is from the NPWS' mouth directly.

I've submitted permissions, that i've had for years, but so far never submitted in the last two years and for the last two year the NPWS ring me asking if i want to go ahead and use them as it'll slow my application down. This year i said yes as the year before i said no so as not to delay the license. However i got another call back a few days later saying they were just using the "old" permissions.

I think it has to do with the NPWS not having enough staff/rangers to check not only new applications but check new permissions on existing licensed people.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Ju_Ju

Thanks, that clears things up. They really don't make things simple do they!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Nope! And if they did they should consider making this a 3 year permit as well , same as our licenses.But that might be like thinking and upsetting the bureaucratic caste.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement