Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ElectricIreland. 2x Nest 3rd Gen Thermostats + Install+ Stands + Boiler Service €164

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Una we are a gas house for electricity and heat. We are currently with SSE airtricity but out of contract. We need a gas boiler service and are looking for two nests for our dual zone

What do electric Ireland have at the moment
    Hi mirrorwall14,

Many thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

If you make the switch, you can avail of a €175 credit bonus on your electricity account. You can switch via this link - just select the "Online billing" option if relevant to you. Don't select the Nest option as this cancels out the €175 bonus (it only allows for either/or). Also, a 12-month contract applies if this bonus is availed of.

The 8% saving will be applied to both your electricity and gas units each (or 8.5% if you choose to receive bills online rather than by post) and these savings do not expire after a year; savings remain indefinitely.

When your registration is complete, you can purchase a Nest thermostat for €130 at the Electric Ireland Online Shop (it is important to do this online only) and you can then purchase the Nest thermostat plus gas boiler service bundle for €209.

The above purchases need to be two separate transactions.

Also, just FYI, the Climote heating control covers two heating zones. This can also be purchased through Electric Ireland following a switch for the bonus credit and bill savings (like above). The Climote is €90 with Electric Ireland - link, and there is also a Climote and gas boiler service bundle for €169. There is a subscription fee of €19 per year for the Climote, and the first year is free with the Electric Ireland offer.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 5 groupama3

Hi all,

To avail of both the €175 bonus credit and the Nest Learning Thermostat for €130 with Electric Ireland, it is important to select just the first, and then to purchase the Nest thermostat .

Both need to be completed online only.

If you have switched for the above and have any follow-up queries, just private message us your details and we will respond as soon as possible.

Hi eringobragh,

We recommend contacting the SEAI directly with this query.

Hi rom,

The Nest Learning Thermostat plus installation totals €130 if availed of with Electric Ireland (this is a reduced cost). Customers who avail of this and have direct debit also have savings applied to their electricity account or electricity plus gas account each. These savings do not expire and remain on an account indefinitely. If a customer switches to Electric Ireland for the €175 credit bonus, they can also then avail of the reduced cost Nest thermostat (or reduced cost Climote) and installation, as well as the savings off their bills.

Hi normanbond,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland offerings.

There is a gas boiler service plus reduced cost Nest thermostat or reduced cost Climote offer available to purchase on the Electric Ireland Online Shop.

Regards,
    Una

I spoke with SEAI about Electric Ireland not being listed as a contractor, they said that they will not approve any heating controls grant without a listed contractor being used, so how do we proceed with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

Hi Una

Can you confirm if either the Nest or Climote work with a district heating system?

https://frontlineenergy.ie/district-heating-system/

Thanks

Hi groupama3 and sibersha,

We are able to provide general Home Services information about offers and some processes here in Electric Ireland Social Media, however your questions would need to be put to the dedicated Home Energy Services team. Their contact details are on this page of the Electric Ireland website.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

So if I switch for both and get €175 credit. After registration can i buy the 209 service and nest on account or does it have to be by CC?

• Advertisement

Hi Swampy,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The Home Services team do offer payment plans for their products if you contact them directly for further information.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭OnLooker

So if you require 2 Nests you will end up paying?

Hi OnLooker,

If a customer switches to Electric Ireland and avails of the €175 bonus credit (for switching and having direct debit) and bill savings, once their registration is completed, they can purchase a Nest thermostat at the reduced cost of €130 on the Electric Ireland Shop. This offer applies to just one Nest thermostat.

A second Nest costs €270 (which is still reduced cost) or, if relevant to them, the customer can instead purchase a second Nest by availing of the Gas boiler service plus Nest thermostat bundle which is €209.

A possible alternative to the Nest thermostat is the Climote, which covers two heating zones plus hot water (the Nest thermostat covers one heating zone plus hot water). The Climote and Climote plus Gas boiler service bundle are also available to purchase on the Electric Ireland Shop.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 5 groupama3

Hi OnLooker,

If a customer switches to Electric Ireland and avails of the €175 bonus credit (for switching and having direct debit) and bill savings, once their registration is completed, they can purchase a Nest thermostat at the reduced cost of €130 on the . This offer applies to just one Nest thermostat.

A second Nest costs €270 (which is still reduced cost) or, if relevant to them, the customer can instead purchase a second Nest by availing of the which is €209.

A possible alternative to the Nest thermostat is the Climote, which covers two heating zones plus hot water (the Nest thermostat covers one heating zone plus hot water). The Climote and Climote plus Gas boiler service bundle are also available to purchase on the Electric Ireland Shop.

Regards,
    Una

Hi Una,

I ordered the boiler service and nest for €209 and called customer service regarding the second one as I could not select the same installation date, they said I can't get a second one at €130, I then explained what you were saying here about the two separate transactions, they said they can only do the second one for €270

Any ideas how I proceed?

Thanks
    G

groupama3 wrote: »
    Hi Una,

I ordered the boiler service and nest for €209 and called customer service regarding the second one as I could not select the same installation date, they said I can't get a second one at €130, I then explained what you were saying here about the two separate transactions, they said they can only do the second one for €270

Any ideas how I proceed?

Thanks
    G
    Hi groupama3,

The €130 Nest thermostat and the €209 bundle have to be purchased as two separate transactions, and online only.

If you have any other questions we can assist with, please let us know.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

groupama3 wrote: »
    I spoke with SEAI about Electric Ireland not being listed as a contractor, they said that they will not approve any heating controls grant without a listed contractor being used, so how do we proceed with this?

Hi, did you find out any more on this ? I called EI home services team but they didnt know much about how to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

Is Nest suitable for me?

I have a gas condenser boiler. I have a programmer in the kitchen that I set to come on and off as per a schedule. A thermometer in the hall regulates the temperature to the radiators. In the Summer, I can turn the thermometer to a low temperature which ensures the radiators don't come on but the boiler fires (according to the timer) to heat the hot water cylinder. I don't have the immersion wired up as I was told it's cheaper to heat the water cylinder using the gas.

If I get nest, will I be able to just heat the hot water and not the radiators?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

grahamor wrote: »
    Hi, did you find out any more on this ? I called EI home services team but they didnt know much about how to proceed.

I think you have to use one of the 4 contractors listed here to get the grant: https://www.electricireland.ie/residential/products/heating-services-repair/energy-efficiency-incentive

fletch wrote: »
    Is Nest suitable for me?

I have a gas condenser boiler. I have a programmer in the kitchen that I set to come on and off as per a schedule. A thermometer in the hall regulates the temperature to the radiators. In the Summer, I can turn the thermometer to a low temperature which ensures the radiators don't come on but the boiler fires (according to the timer) to heat the hot water cylinder. I don't have the immersion wired up as I was told it's cheaper to heat the water cylinder using the gas.

If I get nest, will I be able to just heat the hot water and not the radiators?
    Hi fletch,

For this query, we recommend contacting the dedicated Electric Ireland Home Services team directly on 1850 372 333 (open until 6pm Monday to Friday).

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jlynch

grahamor wrote: »

This guide does not set out the minimum requirements to get the grant. (ie get 600 euro for just time and temperature control of the boiler). https://www.seai.ie/resources/publications/Homeowners-Guide-To-Heating-Controls_Dec2017.pdf

It does mention "As a minimum, your heating systems should be split into two independently controlled zones. They are your ‘Space Heating Zone’ and your ‘Domestic Hot Water Zone’ ". There is mention of TRVs, time and temperature control of both the boiler and hot water cylinder.

some providers websites mention "Minimum requirement for heating controls upgrade is: 2 zones(space and water)with 7 day programmer (time and temperature)control and boiler interlock, time and temperature control of electric immersion heater and either 1 more zone control or > 50% TRV’s." but I havn't seen this is any official document.

Advertisement