Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new customer experience. Some questions.

Options
  • 29-11-2017 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I recently switched from vodafone to eir for broadband/phone.
    I'd read about your awful customer service, but since I was already using vodafone's rebrand service from eir, I thought, what can go wrong? It's just a modem swap.

1. I ordered online. The confirmation email summarised the order, but a different bundle to what I ordered. I had to call to get that figured out.
    2. Engineer arrives for install. Says his order is for VOIP. We must have PSTN, I indicated that when I ordered. Why was there no mention of VOIP in the emailed order summary? It could have been sorted before he came. So he could not install. 
    3. I call customer care. Identify myself. Explain the problem. The lady passes me to another department - "loyalty apparently." Why? With her I have to identify and explain the issue again. Why?
    4. The lady says it will take 24 hours to remove VOIP from order and make it PSTN. Then she will call me for new install date. Why 24 hrs - seems poor. Anyway.
    5. Next day, lady calls back. Switch in order to PSTN has not happened yet. But she is going away for 2 weeks. Asks me to phone and go back to step #3 tomorrow. Why can't she just arrange for someone else at eir to sort the problem? You are a multi-billion € company, surely you can invest in some systems?
    6. She says don't worry, she will give me the direct number to loyalty department. I can't write it down, I ask her to text or email it to me. She says she can't do that. Seriously, you are a telecoms company, and your staff can't text or email the customers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

lostinNaas wrote: »
    I'd read about your awful customer service, but since I was already using vodafone's rebrand service from eir, I thought, what can go wrong? It's just a modem swap.

1. I ordered online. The confirmation email summarised the order, but a different bundle to what I ordered. I had to call to get that figured out.
    2. Engineer arrives for install. Says his order is for VOIP. We must have PSTN, I indicated that when I ordered. Why was there no mention of VOIP in the emailed order summary? It could have been sorted before he came. So he could not install. 
    3. I call customer care. Identify myself. Explain the problem. The lady passes me to another department - "loyalty apparently." Why? With her I have to identify and explain the issue again. Why?
    4. The lady says it will take 24 hours to remove VOIP from order and make it PSTN. Then she will call me for new install date. Why 24 hrs - seems poor. Anyway.
    5. Next day, lady calls back. Switch in order to PSTN has not happened yet. But she is going away for 2 weeks. Asks me to phone and go back to step #3 tomorrow. Why can't she just arrange for someone else at eir to sort the problem? You are a multi-billion € company, surely you can invest in some systems?
    6. She says don't worry, she will give me the direct number to loyalty department. I can't write it down, I ask her to text or email it to me. She says she can't do that. Seriously, you are a telecoms company, and your staff can't text or email the customers?
    Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing since placing your order with us. I completely understand how frustrating this must be and I have passed your feedback on to the relevant department.

Unfortunately, I'll be unable to amend your order form here, you will need to give our loyalty department another ring on 1901 to have this arranged.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lostinNaas

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing since placing your order with us. I completely understand how frustrating this must be and I have passed your feedback on to the relevant department.

Unfortunately, I'll be unable to amend your order form here, you will need to give our loyalty department another ring on 1901 to have this arranged.

- Adam
    Adam
    So I called 1901 as you suggested.
    Rep takes my details, says hang on. On hold.
    2nd rep comes on line. Takes details again. She says she can't deal with me, as she is in "mobile", I need to speak to "quad play".
    3rd rep comes on. Takes details again. Says she can't help me, I need to speak to "on-boarding team".
    4th rep comes on. Takes details again. Says he will sort it out and call me tomorrow.

I'm not expecting you to do anything, I'm just writing an update for the benefit of anyone else thinking of switching to eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lostinNaas

4th rep comes on. Takes details again. Says he will sort it out and call me tomorrow.
    The rep did not call me back as promised on Friday.
    Or Monday.
    Today I got an email welcoming as "Standalone eir Mobile" customer.
    So I phone again (5th call) to be told this is automatically generated by system as they canceled VOIP part of order to change to PSTN type.
    I get another email, with the full bundle, but the pricing is wrong. I try to reply by email and it bounces.

I phone again (6th call). 
    I'm told the pricing can be changed, but not right now. 

I ask to cancel the whole order, and am transferred. Somebody answers then immediately hangs up on me.

In summary, I tried to switch from Vodafone to eir, and after six calls, you still can't get the order right.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭madyoke2009

The rep did not call me back as promised on Friday.
    Or Monday.
    Today I got an email welcoming as "Standalone eir Mobile" customer.
    So I phone again (5th call) to be told this is automatically generated by system as they canceled VOIP part of order to change to PSTN type.
    I get another email, with the full bundle, but the pricing is wrong. I try to reply by email and it bounces.

I phone again (6th call). 
    I'm told the pricing can be changed, but not right now. 

I ask to cancel the whole order, and am transferred. Somebody answers then immediately hangs up on me.

In summary, I tried to switch from Vodafone to eir, and after six calls, you still can't get the order right.

I’m having the same experience with Eir. Service went live on 2nd November. Modem was faulty. I have received 2 bills but I’m still not connected as I don’t have a modem

Contacted Eir multiple times. Just get past from billy to jack. I one will take responsibility

Eir have advised the shipped a modem. Or their issue anymore. It’s up to me to track down the replacement missing modem.

Hang on I get my magic ball!

I’ve requested to cancel the account. As they have provided the service I agreed to in the contract

I’ve also logged a complaint to Comreg

Advertisement