Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hennessy's garden centre sold

Options
  • 29-11-2017 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

I seen Hennessy's garden centre has a sold sign on it for a while now. Heard today that the Arboretum bought it. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? Seems like a strange purchase if they did

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

toe_knee wrote: »
    I seen Hennessy's garden centre has a sold sign on it for a while now. Heard today that the Arboretum bought it. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? Seems like a strange purchase if they did
    Heard something similar a while back. It is pretty close to the original but fairly sure they have done their research.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

No doubt they have, I just can't see why yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

There's a market for one of these just outside Kilkenny. The Arboretum in Leighlin is a fantastic destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I heard avoca were interested in hennessys and that's why the arboretum bought it

patrickc wrote: »
    I heard avoca were interested in hennessys and that's why the arboretum bought it

Oh feck sake...Avoca would have been super. Hennessy's is too close to Arboretum to really bring anything new to the table...10 mins apart, will they really do the same as in Leighlin? I'm not sure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ghost_rider

I heard they bought it to use as a storage / distribution facility & also as a place to cultivate & grow plants for their two existing stores.

I heard they bought it to use as a storage / distribution facility & also as a place to cultivate & grow plants for their two existing stores.

Worst outcome so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

road_high wrote: »
    Worst outcome so.

Worst outcome would be a total closure, surely some jobs are better than none. They may even employ more than currently there.

Worst outcome would be a total closure, surely some jobs are better than none. They may even employ more than currently there.

I meant for customers. Obviously if jobs are saved this is a good thing.
    It's a shame Avoca didn't bite as that would have many jobs and choice for the consumer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Yeah heard the same will be mainly cultivating might have a shop there or might still do food as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement