Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WPA2 on F1000 can now be hacked

Options
  • 29-11-2017 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi,

1) Following on from last months  announcement that WPA2 can now be hacked, is Eir going to release a firmware upgrade since that security setting is configured as the default?

2) Eir's currently available online firmware  for the F1000 is 100AAHA4b2. My routers firmware version  is 1.00(AAHA.4)D0_20150925. How can I tell which one is more recent? 

3) Can the previous-to-latest firmware also be made available for downloading, in case the upgrade goes awry and a restore is necessary?

Thanks,
    jmh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

justmehere wrote: »
    Hi,

1) Following on from last months  announcement that WPA2 can now be hacked, is Eir going to release a firmware upgrade since that security setting is configured as the default?

2) Eir's currently available online firmware  for the F1000 is 100AAHA4b2. My routers firmware version  is 1.00(AAHA.4)D0_20150925. How can I tell which one is more recent? 

3) Can the previous-to-latest firmware also be made available for downloading, in case the upgrade goes awry and a restore is necessary?

Thanks,
    jmh
    Hi jmh,

Thanks for getting in touch. At this time we haven't received any information on this. If we do release information on this you will be notified. 

If you give our technical support team a ring on 1890260260 or free phone 1901 they'll be able to check which one of these is most the most recent.

Our technical support team will also be able to help you out with your third question.

Sorry I couldn't give you more information here.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

justmehere wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,
    jmh
    If you are referring to the KRACK vulnerability for hacking WPA, this does not affect consumer routers such as those used by Eir.  A router would have to support [font=Calibri, Muli, "Open Sans", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]802.11r (WiFi roaming between access points) in order be vulnerable.   High-end routers such as those used in large corporate office buildings tend to support this feature, and would need to be patched.  Consumer routers do not. [/font]

[font=Calibri, Muli, "Open Sans", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Eir published a good FAQ on Krack at the time of the outbreak. [/font]

[font=Calibri, Muli, Open Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]https://www.eir.ie/krack/[/font]

[font=Calibri, Muli, "Open Sans", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Are you aware of another vulnerability to routers offering WPA2?[/font]

Advertisement