Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas Present from Baby to Mommy

Options
  • 29-11-2017 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭

I want to get something from our little lad for his Mom for Xmas but I'm hitting a brick wall. It's just something to mark his first Christmas and her first as a Mom. Any ideas on a budget of around 50?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

statto25 wrote: »
    I want to get something from our little lad for his Mom for Xmas but I'm hitting a brick wall. It's just something to mark his first Christmas and her first as a Mom. Any ideas on a budget of around 50?

Voucher for massage/ facial etc..
    Voucher for lunch with a friend
    Movie tickets
    Chain / bracelet with baby charm/ baby name etc..
    Framed photo of mum and baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

I would get a personalised Christmas bauble for the tree of just the child or one of all the family. At least it's something you can put up every year.

I'd spend the rest of the money doing up a photo book and getting it printed. I wish someone would organise my photos for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Voucher for massage/ facial etc..
    Voucher for lunch with a friend
    Movie tickets
    Chain / bracelet with baby charm/ baby name etc..
    Framed photo of mum and baby

Thanks for the suggestions. I should have said I'd like to get something a bit little more personal so the frame or the charm might be the way to go.

I would get a personalised Christmas bauble for the tree of just the child or one of all the family. At least it's something you can put up every year.

I'd spend the rest of the money doing up a photo book and getting it printed. I wish someone would organise my photos for me :)

My wife already has the several photobooks printed since he was born so thats out unfortunately. I like the idea of the bauble actually. It's something different

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I got my wife a midweek massage in a nearby spa it included access to thermal suite which included pool, steam rooms and hot tub..
    she loved it and it think it only cost about €60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I did a desk calendar with pics of our son for my OH. He loved it. I also ordered one for myself!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

I love this idea (speaking as a mama heading for her first Christmas). We're going to do a bauble for baba this year and another next year and every year after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Look up 10 gifts for twenty dollars on artscow. I’ve gotten it every year since he was born and we love having our little personalised stuff

The key ring was mine last year and after a year of abuse on my keys it’s still in great nick

Thanks for the suggestions so far folks, plenty there to ponder over!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A necklace or handprint from baby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I got my husband a leather keyring with our little girls birth details on it. And from myself, because last year was quite a big year in a couple of ways, I got him a wallet with the coordinates of the main places that mean something to us (where we met, where our daughter war born etc).

Advertisement