Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir Switching offer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

try Comreg

they put the skates on a mobile provider I was having issues with..

W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

anyone get the 50 cash back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭spannerism

For folks who signed up to this offer - did you get an email stating that this was a 18month contract or 12 month contract?

I'm trying to get something in writing to say that this is a 12 month contract but no luck yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Not sure but would email them and threaten them with Comreg and then Joe Duffy.

I rang again last night, girl said that they would send out jiffy bag, i return the phone, once received they switch internet back on, i said that could take a week, so no internet for a week for something that was their fault, she says "yeah sorry"

I had a webchat with a lad this morning that went like this

"Chat with us

Hello! Next available customer representative will be with you shortly.

Representative xxxx has joined the session

xxxx

[11:04:02 AM]

Welcome to eir webchat my name is xxxx, how may I assist you?

You

[11:05:26 AM]

Hi, I wish to make a complaint about the service i have received since signing up with Eir, i would like to outline all issues in an email but there is no option for sending a full email, only an online form, could you give me an email address that i can contact please?

xxxx

[11:08:00 AM]

I would like to suggest you to please call 1901 loyalty team will help you with .

Representative xxxx has left the session

Chat session ended"

Oh, okay, bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

spannerism wrote: »
    For folks who signed up to this offer - did you get an email stating that this was a 18month contract or 12 month contract?

I'm trying to get something in writing to say that this is a 12 month contract but no luck yet.

If you signed up online, you should have got an email straight away with the subject "Welcome to Eir" that contains the details and the contract length.

There are deals for both 12 months and 18 months contracts, it would be quite easy to sign up to the wrong one.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭spannerism

I got an email 3-4 days later with welcome to eir and unfortunately it said 18 months. I'm sure I didn't make a mistake as I took screenshots for my own record at every step so am 100% sure that the eir processing people made the mistake.

If you signed up online, you should have got an email straight away with the subject "Welcome to Eir" that contains the details and the contract length.

There are deals for both 12 months and 18 months contracts, it would be quite easy to sign up to the wrong one.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

I rang again last night, girl said that they would send out jiffy bag, i return the phone, once received they switch internet back on, i said that could take a week, so no internet for a week for something that was their fault, she says "yeah sorry"

"Chat with us

xxxx

You

Hi, I wish to make a complaint about the service i have received since signing up with Eir, i would like to outline all issues in an email but there is no option for sending a full email, only an online form, could you give me an email address that i can contact please?

xxxx

I would like to suggest you to please call 1901 loyalty team will help you with .

Chat session ended"

Oh, okay, bye

I recently had a very long running issue with Eir, they wouldnt speak to me over the phone and wouldnt respond to complaints. Eventually i went through comreg who told me all I have to wait is 10 working days once a complaint is sent to Eir before they can take over. After that it took another four weeks for Eir to engage with Comreg, all in all, I waited 6 weeks before someone from Eir 'looked into the issue', called me and spoke to me about the issue. A joke of a company doesnt begin to describe it! Despite the wait, at least it worked. Comreg I would say is the only way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pajoguy

I have been trying to switch my broadband and tv to them and its nigh on impossible to contact them. Eventually got through to someone on a very crackly phone line and then the line goes dead after being on hold for 10 mins. Not a great impression to be honest. My neighbour has their broadband and tv but when I check on the website they tell me I cant get it as the line is not strong enough. They only upgraded the line last year.

Don't bother, their router is next to useless, they are almost impossible to contact, they hide little extra charges all over the place, rang today again, on for an hour, internet back on, told I was switched back to original bundle, had to argue to get deposit back, asked what confirmation I had that this has been sorted because sick of ringing, was told that it will show in the app, app still shows that I'm on this new bundle, which I've since cancelled, and still showing that I owe them nearly a grand, you just go round in circles, again asked for email confirmation but told we can't do that, my mother in law's internet was off, fault on the line, rang them and gave my number for updates, have received three texts today, so why can't they at least send me info in that way? Sorry I joined them, none of the providers are perfect but always found Vodafone easy enough to contact

• Advertisement

R777B wrote: »

"Chat with us

xxxx

You

xxxx

Chat session ended"

Oh, okay, bye

I recently had a very long running issue with Eir, they wouldnt speak to me over the phone and wouldnt respond to complaints. Eventually i went through comreg who told me all I have to wait is 10 working days once a complaint is sent to Eir before they can take over. After that it took another four weeks for Eir to engage with Comreg, all in all, I waited 6 weeks before someone from Eir 'looked into the issue', called me and spoke to me about the issue. A joke of a company doesnt begin to describe it! Despite the wait, at least it worked. Comreg I would say is the only way to go.

I sent an email to comreg today, its far to early as you mentioned the 10 days, but I just wanted to get it out there while it's a clear in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭septicsac

As many others here have said beware at all costs, unbelievable how low this crowd will go. Bare faced lies are not uncommon and anyone in trouble will quickly find out that comreg is the only route.and when it all does go wrong as it inevitably will, then best of luck trying to get hold of them and hanging up on you is a common method of dealing with you.
    Best advice is to use on line chat or Twitter and keep copies of the conversation.

Best recent example I heard.... Installing neighbour with fibre, but they are in 12 month contract with vf...... Don't worry we will buy out entire contract and do you special deal today of 55€, IF you sign Now!
    As it turns out neighbour was educated and questioned contract buy out, which he knew was only 200€ meaning if he had signed up he still would owe vf 300€. He also questioned the special deal of 55€ considering it was 45 online. Agent could not get out if house fast enough.
    When few neighbour's got talking it was discovered that agents were making up prices house per house, with one house quotes 75 for same package another house was quoted 55??
    They still have not managed to install for any of the 10 houses involved, with cancelled appointments, low light, high light and poor ducting among the list of excuses, despite remaking appointments and the same problem still existing.
    Imo pay a bit more and try deal with a company you can trust and might at least tell you the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Cosle

Looks like I wont be getting my cashback, i never redeemed my code within 72 hours :o. Any tips on how to get this still?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

These stories are seriously putting me off switching to Eir. I'm looking to downgrade from my current TV+BB+Phone package with Virgin to just a BB & Phone..... the Eir offer for 12months was ideal but christ it doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle. May have to settle for paying a tenner more a month than the Eir offer for a slower speed :/

deise_boi wrote: »
    These stories are seriously putting me off switching to Eir. I'm looking to downgrade from my current TV+BB+Phone package with Virgin to just a BB & Phone..... the Eir offer for 12months was ideal but christ it doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle. May have to settle for paying a tenner more a month than the Eir offer for a slower speed :/

I was with Virgin for more than ten years, switched last month and my experience with Eir has been nothing but positive from ordering through installation to download speed to wi-fi coverage.

People generally don't post when they're happy with something.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

I was with Virgin for more than ten years, switched last month and my experience with Eir has been nothing but positive from ordering through installation to download speed to wi-fi coverage.

I have had eir for 18 months, and when everything works well, it works grand. But when you have a problem with them, that's when they are a nightmare to deal with. I agree with your sentiment that people only tend to post when they dont like something, I am one of those people as this thread probably wouldnt have caught my eye 6 months ago before I went through issues with them.

So yeah, you could go with them, have 0 problems and everything will be fine. Just pray you dont :D

• Advertisement

I'm the same I've no problems whatsoever. Ten times better than sky shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭septicsac

If in doubt ask trustpilot or similar company review site
    Eir
    https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/eir.ie
    Or
    Eircom

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.eircom.net

As already related to no one ever hears the good stories..... But it's easy for a company to keep you happy when all is going well, however it's a true test of a company and how they value their customers in how they treat them when things are not going so well and it's here that Eir are just a total flop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭d1980

Got 50 cash back today. Within the 2 weeks as promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Atrides

Cosle wrote: »
    Looks like I wont be getting my cashback, i never redeemed my code within 72 hours :o. Any tips on how to get this still?

Eligible customers will receive an invitation to redeem their cash back by email to the email address provided by the customer during the bundle order process. Email offer to redeem the cash back will be sent to customers within 30 days after all services of the qualifying bundle are active.

https://www.eircashback.com/termsGeneral2.aspx

Atrides wrote: »
    Eligible customers will receive an invitation to redeem their cash back by email to the email address provided by the customer during the bundle order process. Email offer to redeem the cash back will be sent to customers within 30 days after all services of the qualifying bundle are active.

https://www.eircashback.com/termsGeneral2.aspx

Just read the link casback is for 18 month minimum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Wrong T&C's - from last year. https://www.eir.ie/bundles/ the one on the left.

Had my broadband switched back on yesterday evening, app still saying that I'm on the 18 month contract, they sent me the monthly bill last night, still states that I owe 917.60.
    Contacted them through web chat, lad says it will take 24/48 hours to change, never mentioned this over the phone, so will have to wait till Tuesday now I suppose.

Contacted comreg, gave me an eir number to ring, told me to say that comreg have advised me to lodge a complaint (I already lodged one online) and to ask for a reference number for my case, comreg say they will take over if it isn't sorted in ten days

1800 200 481
    Number comreg gave me if anyone's interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Just read the link casback is for 18 month minimum

Xmas offer states 12 Months....

https://www.eir.ie/.content/pdf/terms/cashback_terms_christmas.pdf

septicsac wrote: »
    Eir
    https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/eir.ie
    Or
    Eircom

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.eircom.net

As already related to no one ever hears the good stories..... But it's easy for a company to keep you happy when all is going well, however it's a true test of a company and how they value their customers in how they treat them when things are not going so well and it's here that Eir are just a total flop

Trust pilot reviews say it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

septicsac wrote: »

You managed to pick the worst review site possible

https://www.reviews.io/company-reviews/store/trustpilot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Sorry to hear people having issues, but I've taken this offer and can't fault it so far.
    Just waiting on the €50 cash-back now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mkov

Sup08 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear people having issues, but I've taken this offer and can't fault it so far.
    Just waiting on the €50 cash-back now.

when did you service go active? Mine did on 15th Dec and still no 50euro email

anyone on here use a archer c9 router instead of the f2000 for internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

mkov wrote: »

Install was the 18th but no email about the cash-back yet. I'll give them a week and see what the update is.

Has anyone got the cash-back though PayPal yet?

• Advertisement

I activated 21 Dec and still no paypal cashback for me.

Yesterday had a chat with customer support, agent said need to contact with sales team.

crazy

Install was the 18th but no email about the cash-back yet. I'll give them a week and see what the update is.

Is this what you have? Is it just a matter of replacing one with the other? Was reading about it online ands seems that there is more to it

Is this what you have? Is it just a matter of replacing one with the other? Was reading about it online ands seems that there is more to it

anyone on here use a archer c9 router instead of the f2000 for internet

Is this what you have? Is it just a matter of replacing one with the other? Was reading online and it seemed there was more to it

Is this what you have? Is it just a matter of replacing one with the other? Was reading online and it seemed there was more to it

I thought it was but can't get to replace it.think it can be bridged with the f2000.had a go earlier but can't get it to work even with the f2000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

My broadband is gone active since 2nd January, unfortunately it's no better than what I had with Sky.

But still no landline.... how long did ye have to wait for landline to go active?

Mine was at the same time as broadband if I remember correctly

Mine was at the same time as broadband if I remember correctly

• Advertisement

Qwerty? wrote: »
    My broadband is gone active since 2nd January, unfortunately it's no better than what I had with Sky.

But still no landline.... how long did ye have to wait for landline to go active?

Not being smart but - you know the phone just plugs into the modem, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dk1979

Took this offer and had BB installed on Saturday - All Good so far - Cannot fault it.

Was with Virgin before taking this offer. Does anyone know whether it is Eir or Me that needs to contact Virgin to cancel original broadband.

Thanks

I think it was a mistake to sign contract with Eir.

tried to contact them via online chat - "Sorry, chat is not currently available"

email - "We are currently upgrading our email platform in order to improve the service provided to you. During this essential upgrade, the “Contact Us” email function will be temporarily disabled. If your query is urgent or you are looking to follow up on a logged issue, please contact us through our contact channels listed above."

Finally chat is online -"Sorry we not able to help -call to 1901 or 1800503303"

fu**ing circus

dk1979 wrote: »
    Took this offer and had BB installed on Saturday - All Good so far - Cannot fault it.

Was with Virgin before taking this offer. Does anyone know whether it is Eir or Me that needs to contact Virgin to cancel original broadband.

Thanks

You do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭T-Bird

You do.

If contract has expired you don't need to contact. There is no obligation, same as when switching electricity and gas etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

There are a lot of stories of problems here.
    My story started off with no issue for the first five months but then things started to go wrong and it kept getting worse.
    If you had one or two complaints it wouldn't be a major concern but there are loads of them. People are only posting here to help others make an informed decision.

• Advertisement

T-Bird wrote: »
    If contract has expired you don't need to contact. There is no obligation, same as when switching electricity and gas etc.

No no no no no no no no.

It is NOT the same as switching electricity.

If you switch from Virgin to Eir, YOU MUST cancel with Virgin and YOU MUST give them 30 days notice, even if you are out of contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jonnyha

T-Bird wrote: »

No no no no no no no no.

If you switch from Virgin to Eir, YOU MUST cancel with Virgin and YOU MUST give them 30 days notice, even if you are out of contract.

In the case of Vodafone and if you are out of contract, you do not have to tell them you are switching. I just moved to Eir. When Eir took over the line, my Vodafone account stopped. Very simple.

I would have thought all providers are the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

jonnyha wrote: »
    In the case of Vodafone and if you are out of contract, you do not have to tell them you are switching. I just moved to Eir. When Eir took over the line, my Vodafone account stopped. Very simple.

I would have thought all providers are the same.

Vodafone and Eir use the same phone line / cable, Virgin is a different cable. Nothing stopping you having both Eir and VM broadband independent of each other.

You have to cancel VM yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

No no no no no no no no.

This +1!!

In the event you're moving from Virgin to Eir you MUST contact Virgin to cancel your existing subscription. It is not the same as moving from Vodafone to Eir or Sky to Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dk1979

Thanks for your feedback on this.

When I queried the signup procedure with Eir chat last month, they told me the following:

"Once your broadband gets installed, Automatically virgin connection will be terminated. installation will be in 5-7 working days"

To be safe I sent an email to Virgin to cancel. Not sure if info from Eir above is entirely true?

• Advertisement
Advertisement