Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation Chaos.

Options
  • 29-11-2017 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Ordered broadband only on Nov 19. Received an email confirming install date of today, with a time frame of 9am - 4pm. They were to have text me in advance to narrow down the time/confirm.

No text or call. I got onto them on chat earlier - they confirmed engineer was booked for today. At 3pm, with no sign of anyone arriving, I got back onto chat and called 1901. Between the two agents, I was ‘assured’ that my engineer was booked for today, tomorrow and the 8th Dec.

Complete f*ck up. I insisted on speaking to a manager and was assured of a call back this evening. It’s 9:40pm and I’m still waiting.

I was warned of Eir, thought it was over reactions on behalf of highly strung customers. Turns out no, they’re just a mess. I’m going to go back to Virgin tomorrow and ‘offer them a last chance at my business’.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

connundrum wrote: »
    Ordered broadband only on Nov 19. Received an email confirming install date of today, with a time frame of 9am - 4pm. They were to have text me in advance to narrow down the time/confirm.

No text or call. I got onto them on chat earlier - they confirmed engineer was booked for today. At 3pm, with no sign of anyone arriving, I got back onto chat and called 1901. Between the two agents, I was ‘assured’ that my engineer was booked for today, tomorrow and the 8th Dec.

Complete f*ck up. I insisted on speaking to a manager and was assured of a call back this evening. It’s 9:40pm and I’m still waiting.

I was warned of Eir, thought it was over reactions on behalf of highly strung customers. Turns out no, they’re just a mess. I’m going to go back to Virgin tomorrow and ‘offer them a last chance at my business’.
    Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues with your order. If you'd like to PM me your account number and full name I'll look into this for you.

- Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Hi Adam,

It’s grand, after 23 minutes on the phone speaking to 3 different departments I managed to cancel the order.

Can you advise how I can officially complain? I cannot believe that your policy is to basically waste my time and money, offer no explanation as to how or why it happened, offer a solution for two weeks later, and tell me I have zero recourse.

My ONLY options were to a) shut up and hope that your engineer actually called out in two weeks, and forget about my wasted day’s annual leave or b) cancel the contract and return to Virgin Media to pay €15 more per month but to be sure of their service standards.

Again, please advise how I complain and how long a response to complaint will take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

connundrum wrote: »
    Hi Adam,

It’s grand, after 23 minutes on the phone speaking to 3 different departments I managed to cancel the order.

Can you advise how I can officially complain? I cannot believe that your policy is to basically waste my time and money, offer no explanation as to how or why it happened, offer a solution for two weeks later, and tell me I have zero recourse.

My ONLY options were to a) shut up and hope that your engineer actually called out in two weeks, and forget about my wasted day’s annual leave or b) cancel the contract and return to Virgin Media to pay €15 more per month but to be sure of their service standards.

Again, please advise how I complain and how long a response to complaint will take.
    Sorry to hear you've cancelled your order.

Everything you need to know about our complaints process is outlined on the below link:

https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

- Adam

Advertisement