Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighters losing twice in one night

• 29-11-2017 11:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭

I made the post below in another thread and was wondering if people could think of other examples of fighters losing twice in one night or is this the only case of it? I imagine any/all examples would be back in the tournament days.

"Interestingly, back in the NHB days Igor Vovchanchyn stopped the same guy (Adilson Lima) twice in the same night at IAFC 1 now that I have checked. I seem to remember one of the knockouts being very violent and then I think he second fight was doctor's stoppage due to badly broken snout. Watched it about a year ago. Crazy stuff."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I've been thinking about this since you mentioned it. There's nothing quite like the example you mentioned (video here of both KOs if anyone is interested).

The only example that I could think of is Matt Lindland where he was submitted twice by Murilo Bustamante at UFC 37.
    It was down to referee mistake rather than two separate fights, but they were distinctly independent submissions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Mellor wrote: »
    I've been thinking about this since you mentioned it. There's nothing quite like the example you mentioned (video here of both KOs if anyone is interested).

The only example that I could think of is Matt Lindland where he was submitted twice by Murilo Bustamante at UFC 37.
    It was down to referee mistake rather than two separate fights, but they were distinctly independent submissions

pretty sure it was matt lindland that kod himself one night, that has to count as losing twice!

Advertisement