Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHERE IS WEBTEXT ON MY EIR?

Options
  • 29-11-2017 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

For many years I used Meteor webtext on a laptop whenever I had to send text messages with a greater than average content as I can touch type much faster than I can enter them on a mobile phone.  But since Meteor morphed into Eir I can't locate webtext.  I've seen one post on the subject but without a resolution.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I just had a look there on the mobile site and it’s the envelope icon in the top left corner (screenshot attached)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

G_R wrote: »
    I just had a look there on the mobile site and it’s the envelope icon in the top left corner (screenshot attached)
    Your screenshot shows an envelope in the top right corner, but that represents webmail (email) whereas I need webTEXT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

ttenneb wrote: »
    For many years I used Meteor webtext on a laptop whenever I had to send text messages with a greater than average content as I can touch type much faster than I can enter them on a mobile phone.  But since Meteor morphed into Eir I can't locate webtext.  I've seen one post on the subject but without a resolution.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.When you log in to my eir, if you scroll down on the home page there should be an option that says 'send a webtext'. It's directly under the part that shows you how much data you have left for the month.

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.When you log in to my eir, if you scroll down on the home page there should be an option that says 'send a webtext'. It's directly under the part that shows you how much data you have left for the month.

- Adam
    I've searched up and down, back and forth,up and down again but still can't find it.  Adam, can you post a screenshot so I can see exactly where you say it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi there,

- Adam
    I've searched up and down, back and forth,up and down again but still can't find it.  Adam, can you post a screenshot so I can see exactly where you say it is.
    I'm afraid I can't send you a screenshot for this. 

If you still can't access this service you need to get in touch with our technical support department on 1890260260 or free phone 1901.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Adam

• Advertisement

I'm afraid I can't send you a screenshot for this. 

If you still can't access this service you need to get in touch with our technical support department on 1890260260 or free phone 1901.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Adam
    Hi Adam. Regarding your advice on locating the link at the bottom of the page you're correct as far as Meteor was concerned
    .but since it transformed to Eir it's disappeared. I had a lot of contacts on Meteor web text that I can't access now.

The normal Eir section won't recognise your email so it has to be through that exact section.

Awful design and it needs to be changed but it works like before when you enter through the correct "door".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I was the person with the other thread, I think.  I was advised by someone to sort out my browser and to fix Chrome by going here (I could log into myeir and find the webtext link through Internet Explorer but not my regular browser Chrome.):

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95669?hl=en&ref_topic=7439644

which I did following the steps to clear the cache and cookies.  It worked like a dream which was great because if I was waiting for Eir to tell me that I'd be skeletonised by now.  Give it a go and see does it work for you.

By the way, it took me another thread and way too many phone calls and messages to the FB page to find out that that all my webtext contacts disappeared because after the changeover to Eir I was convinced to change my package to one of those month by month bill pay ones rather than pay as you go.  All my contacts were still there as an Eir pay as you go customer but after the change to rolling bill pay or whatever they call it the bloody things disappeared.  I was gutted as it took time to get them all on there and I had to be begin again.  Complete pain in the arse to be honest and some contacts are gone 'forever' as I added numbers to webtext phone book that I couldn't fit on my Sim.  

I hope this helps.

I was the person with the other thread, I think.  I was advised by someone to sort out my browser and to fix Chrome by going here (I could log into myeir and find the webtext link through Internet Explorer but not my regular browser Chrome.):

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95669?hl=en&ref_topic=7439644

which I did following the steps to clear the cache and cookies.  It worked like a dream which was great because if I was waiting for Eir to tell me that I'd be skeletonised by now.  Give it a go and see does it work for you.

By the way, it took me another thread and way too many phone calls and messages to the FB page to find out that that all my webtext contacts disappeared because after the changeover to Eir I was convinced to change my package to one of those month by month bill pay ones rather than pay as you go.  All my contacts were still there as an Eir pay as you go customer but after the change to rolling bill pay or whatever they call it the bloody things disappeared.  I was gutted as it took time to get them all on there and I had to be begin again.  Complete pain in the arse to be honest and some contacts are gone 'forever' as I added numbers to webtext phone book that I couldn't fit on my Sim.  

I hope this helps.

This is the first positive suggestion so far. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see what happens.

Advertisement