Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sound insulation

• 30-11-2017 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all,

We are in the process of buying a house (new build) and have to get the floors done ourselves. We are currently considering a mix of engineered wood downstairs and laminate upstairs. I am looking into getting really good sound insulation and am reviewing my options. I know carpets would be better but we really don't like carpets so that's not really an option for us. :)

Does anybody have any experience with E-Board tiles? These guys:
    irishflooring.ie/product_info.php?cPath=1161&products_id=7986
    irishflooring.ie/product_info.php?cPath=1161&products_id=7987
    They are quite pricey but the advertised ~50dB sound attenuation is pretty sweet.

Otherwise the next best thing I can find is this at ~27dB:
    irishflooring.ie/product_info.php?products_id=8087

Any opinions?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭builder007

Have you ended up using this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 arminius

After consulting with our carpenter and reviewing samples we've decided to use the E-Board+. The work will only be carried in a few weeks but I'll report how it went if people are interested. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭nhur

How did it go?
    Looking at new carpets upstairs and want to improve sound insulation i.e. Reduce the chance of downstairs noise waking the kids..

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭builder007

What I did is to lay acoustic underlay then sheets of plywood (12mm) then another layer of acoustic underlay then laminate. It worked. Not sure about carpet finish. Could only be better I guess.

Advertisement