Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to add a second address to an account?

Options
  • 30-11-2017 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have recently bought a house, but I haven't moved out of my rented accommodation yet. Can I add the new address to my account and remove the rented one when I move in a couple of week's time?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi inigo,

Thanks for your message, and congratulations on purchasing your home. :)

Regarding your query, customers can have two accounts for two separate premises registered in their name, at once. However, one account number cannot be used for two separate properties.

If you would like to register the new premises in your name, and avail of savings with Electric Ireland, you can do so by calling the Electric Ireland Sales team on 1850 305 090. They are available to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturday.

Once you have moved out of your rental property, you can then close the account for that premises here on Boards.ie with us. To do so, we would ask that you send us a private message with the following details, when you are leaving the property:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number for the property you are leaving
    • Your current address
    • Your forwarding address
    • Your contact number and date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)
    • The meter reading taken the day you moved out of the property
    • The name and telephone number of the person who will be responsible for the supply at the property once you have left (this can be a new tenant, landlord, letting agent, estate agent, etc.)
    Thanks,
    Brige

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Thank you!

Advertisement