Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming data terrible and reeated failed calls

Options
  • 30-11-2017 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

Hello eir.

I imagine that you'll be a bit more friendlier on here than my recent call to your wonderfully unhelpful and unpleasant call centre.

Currently roaming, network is EE (as opposed to Orange as your agent insisted I use). For days now I have had to repeatedly attempt to connect calls becuase they immediately fail. Very frustrating.

Today, after c. 300Mb of usage over month (nowhere near my 6.4Gb limit), I am confronted with data issues. I had a pop up from Eir informing me that I am trying to use roaming data and that I need to log on to eir to resolve. My data has stopped.

Unfriendly eir CC support agent says my account is fine. My handset is fine as far as I am concerned. I can call UK numbers (roaming in UK) without issue. I can use data over wifi without issue.

What's going on eir ?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

E39MSport wrote: »
    Hello eir.

I imagine that you'll be a bit more friendlier on here than my recent call to your wonderfully unhelpful and unpleasant call centre.

Currently roaming, network is EE (as opposed to Orange as your agent insisted I use). For days now I have had to repeatedly attempt to connect calls becuase they immediately fail. Very frustrating.

Today, after c. 300Mb of usage over month (nowhere near my 6.4Gb limit), I am confronted with data issues. I had a pop up from Eir informing me that I am trying to use roaming data and that I need to log on to eir to resolve. My data has stopped.

Unfriendly eir CC support agent says my account is fine. My handset is fine as far as I am concerned. I can call UK numbers (roaming in UK) without issue. I can use data over wifi without issue.

What's going on eir ?

Thank you.
    Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues. can you do a location update on your phone by putting it in flight mode for 10 minutes then restarting it, please?

- Adam

Advertisement