Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatyard - Dun Laoghaire Harbour - 4th and 5th August 2018

Options
  • 30-11-2017 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭

Orbital announced as Sunday headliner, live set.

http://www.the-beatyard.com/

Weekend tickets onsale at the moment at 2-for-1 price, so essentially €53 for a weekend ticket.
    hey had "3 for the price of 1" tickets onsale until recently but all sold out now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Got my 3for1 ticket already. Great start to the line up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So next years Beatyard becomes last years Forbidden Fruit, so maybe AIR will play Forbidden Fruit this year. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Some additions to the lineup today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

bkrangle wrote: »
    Some additions to the lineup today

Excellent additions. Great work by the promoter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Good announcement, with tickets at €50 for the weekend it is very tempting to buy a pair now.. Only downside is it clashes with Castlepalooza which is always a great weekend too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

opening Friday now, The Jacksons announced as headliners

27332222_1599835953438293_2217963005726777160_n.jpg?oh=40f488eb12d9752e81eee24c022849ec&oe=5AE8FB5B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Happy with Orbital, Kamasi Washington, and Sugarhill Gang for the crack.

Now, hopefully the crowd won't be talking all the way through everyone's sets. Let's hope Orbital pull out all the stops and shuts everybody up!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Hey,

So in haste I grabbed 4 'upgrade' price tickets when I saw The Jacksons were performing on the Friday night. Great value. However I stupidly didn't realise the tickets were only valid if you also had a day ticket for another of the days. I've only 2 day tickets which means I've two tickets for the Jacksons gig left over with no home. So if anyone interested in face-value for the 2 upgrade tickets (€30 each) let me know.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Fox1978 wrote: »
    Hey,

So in haste I grabbed 4 'upgrade' price tickets when I saw The Jacksons were performing on the Friday night. Great value. However I stupidly didn't realise the tickets were only valid if you also had a day ticket for another of the days. I've only 2 day tickets which means I've two tickets for the Jacksons gig left over with no home. So if anyone interested in face-value for the 2 upgrade tickets (€30 each) let me know.

Thanks!

These arent actually upgrade tickets. They are half price tickets that there was a limited amount released of

"Ahoy,

It’s finally time to end those January blues once and for all - good news incoming. First up, we've added a third day (Friday) to Beatyard this year with The Jackson's to headline for there first ever Irish show!

Friday day tickets don't go on sale till next Wednesday, February 7th at 9am - but - to celebrate the launch we've added a very limited number (100) of half price Friday tickets for you that are available now - be quick though, these'll be gone very soon! If you miss these, you can use the promo code 'abc123' for access to pre sale tickets that go on sale Tuesday the 6th of February at 9am.

Thats all for now - keep your ears out for the rest of the lineup to come in the next couple of months.

Chat soon,

Aisling & The Beatyard crew"

I got a friday ticket for 30 euro based on the above. The upgrade part is just the promotion

**Update** Yup, they got back to me

"Hey Nigel,

Thanks for getting in touch. We have set a limited number of tickets that don't require an extra day via the link which can be bought by selecting the 'upgrade' option. These will sell out soon though ��

Cheers,
    Aisling "

Ok great. It's just I was thinking to bring two friends on the Friday, who don't have tickets to the rest of the weekend and was wondering would they be refused entry. Good to know!

• Advertisement

Ok great. It's just I was thinking to bring two friends on the Friday, who don't have tickets to the rest of the weekend and was wondering would they be refused entry. Good to know!

As a minor note, you did give me a colossal heart attack when I saw your post!

Sorry about that! Thanks for clearing it up for us though :)

Sorry about that! Thanks for clearing it up for us though :)

No worries :D

By the way guys, as a major MJ and Jacksons fan, I saw them last year in Oxfordshire and it was fairly poor. It comes across as a poor tribute act. Worst of all was they thought it was appropriate for Tito to play 2 songs off his new album which absolutely massacred the atmosphere. Cool and the Gang who played before them lit the place up though.

Expect a short set with video interludes, dodgy dancing and just about average singing.

Still good craic mind! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Anyone know what day the Skatelites are playing?

new additions:
    St Germain / Kiasmos Live / Daphni / Django Django / Mr Scruff / King Kong Company / Confidence Man / The Reflex / The Scratch / Loah / Kelly Anne Byrne

day breakdown on the site too:
    http://www.the-beatyard.com/lineup/

29133075_1639010706187484_3151733897052565165_n.jpg?oh=4ec8c8f9a09a62ce05ab0b4373a935a2&oe=5B06B47B

Kamasi Washington is now on the Saturday? I thought he was supposed to be the Sunday. That's disappointing, as I have tickets for the Sunday.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

new additions:
    St Germain / Kiasmos Live / Daphni / Django Django / Mr Scruff / King Kong Company / Confidence Man / The Reflex / The Scratch / Loah / Kelly Anne Byrne

Brilliant news.

Meaning no disrespect to Kelly Anne Byrne, who I really like as a DJ, I'm glad they didn't put any of the good new additions into the Friday as I got tickets for sat and sunday!

That is a really strong lineup for Beatyard! I'm impressed. Shame it's on the same weekend as All Together Now. I went once though and felt it wasn't the right setting to see certain DJs.. The sound from the tent that wasn't the main stage was pretty terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mebeme

Hey folks,

I’m praying we’ll get similar weather for this weekend in August! If you have one day (sun) tickets can you leave the site and come back? (I presume you can once you have a wristband?)

Are there many enclosed stages at the festival? Really looking forward to seeing kiasmos but was concerned when a poster mentioned there were sound quality issues in previous years..

There's only the one stage. The only issue I had with the sound last year was people talking during the sets.

• Advertisement

I'd thought from looking at previous years stage times there were 3 stages/areas

Just the one:

Screen-Shot-2017-08-02-at-12.58.31.png

The bodytonic Red Bull one isn't really a "stage".

Rub a dub was a guy playing reggae from a van.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

There was a 2nd stage there in 2015:
    Wigwam stage was a covered tent setup.

https://www.goldenplec.com/festivals/the-beatyard-2015/

Maybe it has changed since I was there in 2016 but the "Eatyard stage" was the second stage that year with some good DJs playing, Danny Wang, Theo Parrish, Tensnake.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

There was sorta 3 stages, the main stage, the red bull bodytonic one and the smaller marquee and bar with djs and of course the rub a dub reggae bus or van. That was last year anyways.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Yeah but one "stage" that bands are on. A DJ playing in a bar isn't really a stage. :)

new Additions: Daniel Avery, Andrew Weatherall, New Jackson, Jacques Greene, Sean OB

Beatyard-2018-Poster-June-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I've only gone for one day in the past. Does anyone know how it works for a weekend ticket? Do you need to keep a wristband on or show your ticket each day?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

I've only gone for one day in the past. Does anyone know how it works for a weekend ticket? Do you need to keep a wristband on or show your ticket each day?

You get a wristband on first entry. Lets you go in and out then

• Advertisement

Good to know you can exit/re-enter once you get the wristband.

What's the situation regarding the crowd at the festival? Any scallywags? Bringing my girlfriend to her first festival, have noticed a creeping scumbag element at EP the last couple of years and would rather not go if there's a rough element tbh.

I love Daniel Avery, but I'm a bit worried he might draw a certain clientele. I detest aggressive lads at festivals.

Advertisement