Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatyard - Dun Laoghaire Harbour - 4th and 5th August 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

Mebeme wrote: »
    Good to know you can exit/re-enter once you get the wristband.

What's the situation regarding the crowd at the festival? Any scallywags? Bringing my girlfriend to her first festival, have noticed a creeping scumbag element at EP the last couple of years and would rather not go if there's a rough element tbh.

I love Daniel Avery, but I'm a bit worried he might draw a certain clientele. I detest aggressive lads at festivals.

Its the least rough crowd you will experience outside of mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So who's playing Electric Picnic from this lot.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

AfterLife wrote: »
    Its the least rough crowd you will experience outside of mass.

Yeah I noticed that too - older crowd. And most people from what I could see were smoking weed so it was pretty chilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

2 saturday sunday tickets for sale (100euro). DM for details. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sidarcy

They have a game on their website now, its easy and you can get up to 20% off tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Jababajabaja

2 weekend tickets (Fri/sat/sun) for sale €150 for the pair. DM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its a pretty decent lineup for this year, even better than last year, this lineup would still look great if it was also the All Together Now festival bill, but ATN has some decent acts too it has to be said.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mebeme

Stage times out today. Is there anywhere in the more immediate vicinity where one could get a drink/squeeze in a bit more dancing. Not sure I want to traipse all the way into town for the after party!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Merry Prankster

It states on the website that tickets are non-transferrable. Surely they're not going to be checking tickets against names are they? Would it be safe enough buying tickets from people online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

It states on the website that tickets are non-transferrable. Surely they're not going to be checking tickets against names are they? Would it be safe enough buying tickets from people online?

Id say you're grand. Last year I walked through security without a ticket because I thought the girl in front of me was my mot with the tickets. She was just the same height! I never showed a ticket at all and got a wrist band. They're very relaxed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Zarkandar

I bought 3 early bird tickets and obviously myself and 2 mates will be using them, there'll be no name checks for that. There were no name checks last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Mebeme wrote: »
    Stage times out today. Is there anywhere in the more immediate vicinity where one could get a drink/squeeze in a bit more dancing. Not sure I want to traipse all the way into town for the after party!

No late bars in Dun Laoghaire unfortunately but the DART station is right outside the festival site so getting into town is pretty easy

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SteveD92

Anyone that’s been on the boat party before recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭RINO87

Tickets for sale for this. Got them at the early bird 2 for 1 price so will let them go for the same. I just got bitten by the All Together Now bug!!

That's Saturday and Sunday Passes for two for €100. Works out at €25 per person per day! Send me a PM if interested.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CBCB

AfterLife wrote: »
    Id say you're grand. Last year I walked through security without a ticket because I thought the girl in front of me was my mot with the tickets. She was just the same height! I never showed a ticket at all and got a wrist band. They're very relaxed!

Thanks for clarifying this ! I purchased tickets from toutless and only realised afterwards they are non transferable... sounds like it will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Orbital only getting an hour??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Some kind soul (i.e. not me) has made a clashfinder for this:

https://clashfinder.com/s/beatyard2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Orbital to finish @10.55?? I'd be delighted, but as it says above, does it all not finish @ 10.30?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the end times for most of them are wrong as they'll all need at least 20mins changeover time between live acts at least.
    Django Django will be finished by 11pm at the very latest, zero chance they go on until 11:30.
    doubt The Jacksons or Kiasmos will be finished that early.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Nialler73 wrote: »
    Orbital to finish @10.55?? I'd be delighted, but as it says above, does it all not finish @ 10.30?

Clashfinder is user generated content and bodytonic haven't put out end times. It's useful to know who is playing next etc, rather than being an official announcement of the end times etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Such a shame Orbital and Kiasmos are clashing. Great lineup though, they've definitely upped their game this year

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Lewotsil

I wonder could I use a Saturday ticket for admission tonight (Friday) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Lewotsil wrote: »
    I wonder could I use a Saturday ticket for admission tonight (Friday) ?

Just seeing this. I’ve a weekend ticket and only plan on going tomorrow. Would be happy to swap if you want it. It’s probably a bit late for you though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Beatyard website says it finishes at 10.30

Was thinking of heading out on Sunday to see Orbital but not gonna bother if they're only getting an hour

Poor form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Is it contactless or should we bring cash?

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Is it contactless or should we bring cash?

The bars have conactless and some of the food places. Still, no harm to have a bit of cash just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brickinthewall

Great set up. KKC we're deadly, set was a little short though. **** buzz about St Germain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Kamasi Washington was amazing, would love to catch another gig of his

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Jesus that orbital gig was something else. Probably the best I've seen them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Kiasmos were amazing. I was running back and forward between them and Orbital but ultimately I was getting more of a buzz from Kiasmos, especially the ending with the ticker tape.

Disappointed that Orbital finished with Dr Who.

Advertisement