Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatyard - Dun Laoghaire Harbour - 4th and 5th August 2018

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

sound was poor for kkc i thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

How was the setup this year? Any changes from previously?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Disappointed that Orbital finished with Dr Who.

They've been finishing with Dr. Who for the last while. Even in Belfast when the obvious thing to finish with was well, eh, Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Weepsie wrote: »
    They've been finishing with Dr. Who for the last while. Even in Belfast when the obvious thing to finish with was well, eh, Belfast
    I was just delighted they played for nearly 90 mins.. I was wondering why they didn't give them longer when St Germain canceled instead of getting Confidence Man out again. I'd say Confidence Man were more cost efficient!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Kiasmos were amazing. I was running back and forward between them and Orbital but ultimately I was getting more of a buzz from Kiasmos, especially the ending with the ticker tape.

Disappointed that Orbital finished with Dr Who.
    Exactly the same here, settled on Kiasmos in the end, just class. Pity they clashed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

What's the story with the no music for a while towards the end? Power problem?. Have no idea how long it lasted but was hungry for music at that stage:D

Anyone who went with kids how did you get on? I saw quiet a few there on Sunday. I'm considering it next year but something inside tells me that it wouldn't go well with all those drunken people around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

While we left the kids at home, we met a few people we knew who had kids with them. They seemed to be pretty happy with everything. I found the crowd very relaxed, especially earlier in the day, around 6 - 7pm when most people were sitting in the sun eating and chatting. And even later on the crowd thinned out just past the merch stand so there was plenty of room to stand in a relaxed way (and there were plenty of little kids dancing around).

Last year I could smell a hell of a lot of weed than I did this year. I didn't see any falling around drunk types. It was all very well behaved.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Went on the Sunday and really enjoyed it. Hadn't been in a few years and it has definitely improved - the tent is better and it felt bigger overall. Could do with a bigger seating area as people were resigned to sitting on the ground while chilling in between acts which isn't ideal.

Orbital were fantastic but I was a bit sick to miss Kiasmos. Hopefully they're back soon...

Went on the Sunday and really enjoyed it. Hadn't been in a few years and it has definitely improved - the tent is better and it felt bigger overall. Could do with a bigger seating area as people were resigned to sitting on the ground while chilling in between acts which isn't ideal.

Orbital were fantastic but I was a bit sick to miss Kiasmos. Hopefully they're back soon...

I'll second that re the seating, managed to watch the Skatalites from Box Burger. Other than that there was nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I didn't see any locked people, kids seemed to be having fun.

My first time there, only went on the Saturday to see Kemasi Washington who was fantastic, Django Django were pleasant enough, didn't get into the tent.

Great food, good booze and nice vibes and able to walk home afterwards.

He's back under his real name Olafur Arnalds in October in the NCH and Cork Opera House.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Weepsie wrote: »
    He's back under his real name Olafur Arnalds in October in the NCH and Cork Opera House.

NCH show has been sold out for a while......not sure about Cork

bkrangle wrote: »
    NCH show has been sold out for a while......not sure about Cork

Got my ticket as soon as it was announced having missed Nils earlier in the year. Eitherway, He's done touring Kiasmos stuff the end of this month for the guts of a year it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Did anyone catch Daniel Avery, Little Dragon or Modeselektor.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Simona1986 wrote: »
    How was the setup this year? Any changes from previously?

Last year if I remember correctly there was a small indoor dj area in the terminal, an even smaller talking stage in the bar tent and then a bigger gamesyard area with bumper cars, ring toss games etc. This year the terminal building had a whole host of stuff - artworks, a coctail bar, kids play area, cheese merchants, crisps sellers. There was no stage at the bar and the place where the bumper cars etc were was replaced by the tent, which I domt recall being there last year.

I suppose the tent means now that theres more variety of music and its less packed up at the main stage, but the tent seemed to attract the gurning techno crowd so I didnt really stay there for long.

I think they should bring back the bumper cars and ring toss games etc. They gave it more of a carnival atmosphere. They did have the tea cups ride and crazy golf, but these were more for kids

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Did anyone catch Daniel Avery, Little Dragon or Modeselektor.

Saw Little Dragon. They were good but the sound levels were a bit off. Couldnt quite catch the vocals

Caught a few mins of daniel avery too after king kong ended but it wasnt for me. Standard 120-130bpm techno music

Advertisement