Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong, waterproof bivvy bags

Options
  • 30-11-2017 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I don't usually post here as I'm not really into camping per se, but I do volunteer as a dogsbody for SARDA (Search and Rescue Dogs Association) which means I spend hours on end on cold, wet mountain sides waiting for trainee dogs to (hopefully!) find me.

We have Buffalo bags for warmth if needed and some lightweight bivvy bags that provide some degree of waterproofness, but they aren't great at that, plus they're rather flimsy and over time develop holes in them as we're often lying on ground with heather, gorse, rocks etc., but also from boots when we're using just the bivvy and not the Buffalo bags.

So, can anyone recommend a good heavy duty (weight not really important as we're not carrying them any distance) waterproof bivvy bag for our purposes?

Comments

Advertisement