Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with ordering a digital cert on business online

Options
  • 30-11-2017 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

I have a business online account and I am trying to order a new digital cert so that I can make payments.  However, I seem to be stuck in a loop.  I have entered the necessary details in certificate request screen, including the key path name, CUA user id and password etc., but when I click on the submit button the following occurs

Pop up window 1 stating the following
    Your previous digital certificate will now be deleted and the new certificate will take its place, are you happy to continue?  

I click Yes to continue and I get Pop up window 2 stating the following
    Original key has been deleted. Requesting a new certificate.

My option here is simply to click OK but when I do it returns me back to pop up window number 1, where if I click yes to continue it takes me back to pop up window number 2......and I'm stuck in this circle?

I have the latest version of Java installed and configured as per your online instructions, and I have write access to the key path named on the form. I am using a Mac and Safari.

This has worked for me in the past so I'm a little lost on what could be wrong this time?

any ideas?
    thanks
    B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi, 

I have a business online account and I am trying to order a new digital cert so that I can make payments.  However, I seem to be stuck in a loop.  I have entered the necessary details in certificate request screen, including the key path name, CUA user id and password etc., but when I click on the submit button the following occurs

Pop up window 1 stating the following
    Your previous digital certificate will now be deleted and the new certificate will take its place, are you happy to continue?  

I click Yes to continue and I get Pop up window 2 stating the following
    Original key has been deleted. Requesting a new certificate.

My option here is simply to click OK but when I do it returns me back to pop up window number 1, where if I click yes to continue it takes me back to pop up window number 2......and I'm stuck in this circle?

I have the latest version of Java installed and configured as per your online instructions, and I have write access to the key path named on the form. I am using a Mac and Safari.

This has worked for me in the past so I'm a little lost on what could be wrong this time?

any ideas?
    thanks
    B

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Can I ask if you have signed up or got any correspondence in relation to our new "Keycode" system that is available now on Business online? And also if you are attempting to log in as a "User" or "Administrator"?

Thanks again,
    Darren.   

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

Hi Darren, 

I have seen the messages on the online portal re the Keycode system, but I haven't received any correspondence as of yet. If memory serves the messages mentioned something about the system being rolled out on a phased basis and that customers would be contacted when it was time. Can anyone sign up for the keycode system now?

I was logged in as the "User" as the option to request a new digital cert is not available under the "Administrator" login

regards,
    B

Hi Darren, 

I have seen the messages on the online portal re the Keycode system, but I haven't received any correspondence as of yet. If memory serves the messages mentioned something about the system being rolled out on a phased basis and that customers would be contacted when it was time. Can anyone sign up for the keycode system now?

I was logged in as the "User" as the option to request a new digital cert is not available under the "Administrator" login

regards,
    B

Thanks for getting back to me here. If you can send us a private message (you can do this through the link under this message) I'll be able to have a look into this for you and hopefully get all working.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Hi Darren, 

regards,
    B

You can also update java by following the steps given below and this should allow you to log in as normal.

• [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Please go to the log in screen,[/font]
    • [font=Calibri","sans-serif]in the top left of the screen click safari and go to preferences[/font]
    • [font=Calibri","sans-serif]in the control panel select the website tab[/font]
    • [font=Calibri","sans-serif]on the left will be a list of plugins, select java from this list,[/font]
    • [font=Calibri","sans-serif]on the right it will display currently open websites “businessonline” should be in this list with a drop down box beside it[/font]
    • [font=Calibri","sans-serif]the customer needs to select “on” in this box[/font]
    • [font=Calibri","sans-serif]press and hold the “alt” key on the keyboard and click the same drop down box[/font]
    • [font=Calibri","sans-serif]there will be another setting that wasn’t visible before “Run in safe mode” this option should be unticked[/font]
    • [font=Calibri","sans-serif]close the control panel,[/font]
    • [font=Calibri","sans-serif]close and restart the browser[/font]
    • [font=Calibri","sans-serif]and try ordering the digital certificate again [/font]
    [*]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]If you would like to send us a private message as said in the last message we can have a look into getting the Keycode system set up for you also.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    [/font]

Hi Darren, dm on the way...thanks

B

• Advertisement

Hi Darren, 

I can't seem to send you a DM, boards is telling me you have chosen not to receive them? Should I be sending it to one of the other reps ?

thanks
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi bruce wayne,

We've just sent you a PM now, please check for it in your inbox.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement