Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

I am waiting for an item from the UK, the sizing is within the Parcel Motel requirements, but I forgot to add the packages which will increase the sizing by a few cm. The weight is just 2kg. Basically is a A/C condenser..could be a problem? I live 2 minutes from collection point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Hi does Parcel motel in the UK operate on a Saturday (tomorrow) ? I'm sure Royal mail delivers on a Saturday but im not quite sure if PM office in Belfast operates tomorrow.

Since it's bank holiday for us on Monday i'm thinking my parcel wont get to the locker until Tuesday? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 29 tinca

Looking for some advice on an issue that has arisen. I ordered some runners on Amazon and received them through Parcel Motel. The product was wrong so I began the process of returning them to the retailer (French). This meant that I logged into Parcel Motel and selected Royal Mail as the recipient to carry the parcel with the prepaid label. Packaged and labelled, I dropped the parcel to Parcel Motel who provided me with a tracking number to the Royal Mail depot in Belfast. Once I received a delivered notification from Parcel Motel that was the last I heard until the other day when the retailer got in touch to say that they could not issue a refund as the parcel they received contained a burst bottle of soap! Upon further investigation it turns out this soap was received in a white package with the remnants of my brown package and label stuck onto it. I contacted Royal Mail and they could not help without a reference number which they issue upon receipt of a parcel. I then contacted Parcel Motel who claim they have no such reference number, that their obligation ends when they deliver to Royal Mail. The only proof they have of delivery is a scribbled "MS" which they sent a photo to me of, no reference number, no stamp, nothing. I am now left in a position where Royal Mail cannot help without a reference number they claim they would have issued to Parcel Motel who claim they received no such number. Anyone any advice where I should go from here??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Welcome to the parcel motels returns service. This is its problem and theres no recourse. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 tinca

Enjoy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Sarcasm. :p

Do Argos UK on eBay still cancel orders that have the Parcel Motel address?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Do Argos UK on eBay still cancel orders that have the Parcel Motel address?

No I ordered a few times from them without any issues, it was delivered to Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone experience slow service lately?

I had two parcels delivered to the Dublin Depot on Saturday 16 June. One at 13:00 and one at 17:00. The 13:00 one was sent straight to the locker and I collected it at 10pm but the one at 17:00 has still not been sent to the locker.

The locker is in Eastpoint Business Park. Bloody frustrating as im going on holiday on Saturday and need the package ASAP!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

'PM Delivered'

I presume this mean the package I have sent has been delivered to the Parcel Motel and is waiting to be picked up by the customer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

up4dabah wrote: »
    'PM Delivered'

I presume this mean the package I have sent has been delivered to the Parcel Motel and is waiting to be picked up by the customer?

Yes.

Typically you'd see:

- PM Cust Stored - parcel stored in the motel
    - PM Cust Sent - parcel picked from the motel
    - In Depot - parcel in local warehouse
    - PM Received - parcel in Dublin warehouse
    - Outbound - parcel going to the destination warehouse
    - On Van - parcel going to the destination motel
    - PM Stored - parcel in the motel
    - PM Delivered - parcel not in the motel anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

grogi wrote: »
    Yes.

Typically you'd see:

- PM Cust Stored - parcel stored in the motel
    - PM Cust Sent - parcel picked from the motel
    - In Depot - parcel in local warehouse
    - PM Received - parcel in Dublin warehouse
    - Outbound - parcel going to the destination warehouse
    - On Van - parcel going to the destination motel
    - PM Stored - parcel in the motel
    - PM Delivered - parcel not in the motel anymore...

Thanks for this! Much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 louised88

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place but can anyone advise how to close a ParcelMotel account? I can't see it on the site and haven't had a response to emails.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just don't use it...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 louised88

Right, thank you. I would like to to close my account though not just leave it inactive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

louised88 wrote: »
    Right, thank you. I would like to to close my account though not just leave it inactive.

What's the difference?!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

grogi wrote: »
    What's the difference?!

you can get junkmail

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

rubadub wrote: »
    you can get junkmail
    Once card details are removed from account, there's no more risk to be charged for. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

any issues in ashbourne, was told parcel would be dropped at motel yesterday and still nothing yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭taytobreath

anyone any idea wat time a parcel will expire at. do they expire it at 11pm or.....

• Advertisement

anyone any idea wat time a parcel will expire at. do they expire it at 11pm or.....

48h from the time it was put in locker, you should be able to get the time on the email or the Parcel Motel website.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I haven’t used parcel motel in over a year so can’t really remember how it worked for me before. But I’m pretty sure my card just got charged when I had a parcel delivered.

I made an order the other day. I logged into parcel motel to double check that my card is still registered with them and it is. It hasn’t expired or anything.

I logged in earlier on to let them know I am expecting a delivery.

But I just got a text saying you have insufficient balance on your account to cover the 3.95 charge for your parcel. Please log into your account and top up.

I’ve logged in again and my card details are still there. I can’t find a number or any other means to contact parcel motel. Can anyone help please.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Seve OB wrote: »
    I haven’t used parcel motel in over a year so can’t really remember how it worked for me before. But I’m pretty sure my card just got charged when I had a parcel delivered.

I made an order the other day. I logged into parcel motel to double check that my card is still registered with them and it is. It hasn’t expired or anything.

I logged in earlier on to let them know I am expecting a delivery.

But I just got a text saying you have insufficient balance on your account to cover the 3.95 charge for your parcel. Please log into your account and top up.

I’ve logged in again and my card details are still there. I can’t find a number or any other means to contact parcel motel. Can anyone help please.
    AFAIK you need to top up, even if there is a card on the account (open to correction)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

That's the way it has always worked for me...

If the card is saved you do not need to top-up when the parcel comes in they will automatically take it from the saved card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

My card is deducted automatically when parcel is checked in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Found a number and called them and got sorted.

FYI yes it does just deduct from my card as I go and I don't need to top up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dubdev

Hi,

I'm returning something to Amazon and I put the item in a parcel motel on Monday but it hasn't been collected. To date I've made three phone calls to them since then but each time they've assured me it's due to technical problems at the motel and it would be collected later in the day but that hasn't happened.

I asked them if I could retrieve the parcel from the motel and make alternative arrangements but they said that's not possible, so I'm in the really weird situation of having a parcel "stuck" in a parcel motel. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved from Consumer Issues to the Couriers forum and merged into the Parcel Motel megathread.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I'm curious if anyone else has had problems with PM customer service.

My son's HDD died, and I spoke to the store to have it replaced under warranty. I shipped the dead drive with PM. The parcel was then lost in transit. After a lot of phone calls and emails, they agreed to refund me the cost of the HDD. They said it will take 5-10 business days.
    After two weeks had passed, I emailed them again. The CS rep said he would look into it, but I haven't heard from them since. That was 6 days ago, and they have not replied to any more emails.

There's very little I can do right now. Their support number costs me 0.30 per minute, because it's a 076 number. Going to the small claims court would take a lot of time, cost 25 euro, and I assume the best I can recoup is the 59 euro price of the HDD that they had agreed to refund.

So, I guess the best I can do is say thank God they didn't lose my GTX1080, and move to ParcelWizard for the future.

Advertisement