Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Boler

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Anyone notice Parcel Motel being a bit slow recently? Item in Dublin depot since Saturday, got email to say this, but still not in my local locker. I checked the tracking and there was no attempted delivery to the locker at any stage, so its not a case they are all full and busy.

Was also like this approx 2 weeks ago with a delivery taking 2 full working days before making it to my locker. Parcel Motel is now becoming the bottleneck in deliveries for me.
    Having awful trouble with them and Nightline. Redirected a delivery last Friday from Nightline to Parcel Motel, still waiting. Been calling CS, emailing and they keep telling me it's on the van so can't collect from depot and will be ready for collection today. Have heard this Monday, Tuesday and today. Lack of communication between the two is astonishing given they're business partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Item delivered to NI depot on Friday (know this through Amazon tracking)

Nothing from Parcel Motel so presume it hasn't even got to Dublin yet

Yep they slows down for what ever reason.
    They seem to have adjusted their delivery schedule too.magbe they cut a shift?
    I used to get delivery notifications first thing at 6/30-7am not get the around 5:30/6pm !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Yes its become slow, my parcels delivered in the morning got stored around 11pm same day before but now its next day around 6/7pm.

Also a parcel delivered Friday yet to show up on account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Item delivered to NI depot on Friday (know this through Amazon tracking)

Nothing from Parcel Motel so presume it hasn't even got to Dublin yet

Got this today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ColG

I have a parcel thats been in the Dublin Depot since Thursday and still no sign of it in my locker (Naas). Also another two that have been in dublin since Friday and Saturday and no sign. Getting fed up of them at this stage. Customer service is really poor also. Is there any other services like this around that work on the day 1 for day 2 basis like PM used to?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Quick question regarding sending a parcel via PM.

Is there anyway for the recipient to track the package?
    I know that I can log into my PM account and track it there, but I can't figure out how the parcel recipient can track it without my log in?
    What am I missing?

banie01 wrote: »

I know that I can log into my PM account and track it there, but I can't figure out how the parcel recipient can track it without my log in?
    What am I missing?

Can be tracked via Nightline website using the long barcode that starts with PRSL on the label.

https://www.nightline-delivers.com/SmartShip.Online

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

banie01 wrote: »

What am I missing?

Login.
    Scroll down to the table.
    Copy the tracking number. (PRCL00003900001 {Fake})
    Paste into a tracking site such as https://www.aftership.com/couriers/nightline

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭banie01

dan786 wrote: »
    Can be tracked via Nightline website using the long barcode that starts with PRSL on the label.

https://www.nightline-delivers.com/SmartShip.Online
    ED E wrote: »
    Login.
    Scroll down to the table.
    Copy the tracking number. (PRCL00003900001 {Fake})
    Paste into a tracking site such as https://www.aftership.com/couriers/nightline

Thanks lads!
    Much appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

Packet arrived in Dublin last Friday at 3pm, still no sign of it in Celbridge.
    I wasn't waiting this long at peak xmas times.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Had my one and only bad experience with them just before going on holiday earlier in August. I ordered a Garmin watch off Amazon which I wanted/needed for my holiday, so ordered it at the weekend with Express delivery. It arrived at PM in Newtownabbey very early on Monday morning, and later on that day I got the usual email. I fully expected it to be in my locker in Bray on Monday night as usual, but no show. Waited another day, again no show, so rang them on Wednesday to get some story about "problems with the lockers", "driver couldn't get all the parcels in so had to return them", etc. but that it'd be definitely in that evening. Of course, nothing appeared, so rang again on Thursday morning to be given the same spiel that the driver couldn't deliver all the parcels and it had returned yet again to the depot. I ended up driving up to Finglas to pick it up, and got my €3.95 refunded, but not even a hint of an apology or further explanation from the staff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Seriously, last 3 or 4 orders have taken an absolute age to reach my locker.

Last 3 orders have went as so.

Order 1 arrived in Belfast on a Monday, got an email from PM on the Monday at 11am. Reached Blessington the following thurs night at 10.30pm.

Order 2. Email from parcel motel at 1300 on a Tues telling me they had my parcel. Reached my locker the following Friday around 6ish pm.

Seems the saga is ongoing as amazon delivered a package to them on Friday past, they notified me at 1715 yesterday that they had it in Dublin, no sign of it in my locker yet.

Gone are the days when I would often order something on a Monday morning and it would reach my locker the next evening. :mad:

Has the service deteriorated on anyone else?

I'm letting my balance run out with them before returning to parcel wizard. Pain in my hoop with them now for the last few orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

My current saga:
    No sign of an order from Germany, so I email them looking for tracking and they showed me that the parcel was delivered 9.55am 31/8 - confirmed by tracking.
    "Checked in at Parcel Motel 3/8 8.06pm" - via Parcel Motel website login.
    As of today 5/9 still nothing about delivery.

This crowd have become a complete joke and I'm going to shut my account. I actually think they are winding it down in advance of Brexit. God help anyone who uses it in the run up to Christmas.

Edit, as I type this I get a text from PM saying ready for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

It’s getting out of hand now
    2weeks for parcels from the Uk
    With over 4 days from when it’s actually booked in with pm till it hits the lockers

No answer from their call centre
    And don’t bother leaving voicemails
    8 so far
    Not one reply

Has anyone any insight as to what exactly has changed their end to cause these delays?

I certainly won't be able to place any trust in them for Christmas presents at this rate?

What with amazon delivering a good bit of stuff directly to Irish addresses now I thought they wouldn't be as busy as previous, resulting in a more speedy service, seems it's gone the opposite direction though.

I got through on the phone yesterday, explained I am waiting since Friday," backlog at your chosen locker" ok send it to any other locker local that has space.
    " yes of course, I'll get onto the depot and get it sent tonight, I'll ring you back to confirm",
    The saga continues......

Bojill wrote: »
    I got through on the phone yesterday, explained I am waiting since Friday," backlog at your chosen locker" ok send it to any other locker local that has space.
    " yes of course, I'll get onto the depot and get it sent tonight, I'll ring you back to confirm",
    The saga continues......

Eventually got someone
    Got the same story

Eventually got someone
    Got the same story

Got the same story too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Finally got 4 items I'd been waiting on. Total wait 6 days! I've been a PM customer since it opened, using it 5 or 6 times a month and this is the first time I've had an issue, even through the Christmas period. I would love to know if this is just a temporary glitch or if service is going to be this slow long term.

Im thinking of driving to the depot and picking it up myself at this stage, as the problem is obviously not the lockers being full.
    The item was to brought to the states with me on Friday :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The problem clearly doesn't lie in Newtownabbey or in getting parcels from there to the Dublin depot, but they're clearly having problems of some sort getting stuff from Dublin to the lockers themselves. It could be logistical, could be technical, could be staffing problems, who knows ... ?

Of course, all you'll get on the phone are excuses to fob you off, rather than letting on what the real problem is, but it'd be nice if they'd just fess up and let people know what the issue is. That way, if it is something that they're aware of and actively working on to resolve, it could give us some hope that the problems will eventually be resolved.

Right so my Parcel delivered on Monday was stored last night. While 2 of my parcels which were delivered to them on Saturday are still in transit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Parcel delivered to Antrim today and already checked in. Will be interesting to see when it is stored

dan786 wrote: »
    Right so my Parcel delivered on Monday was stored last night. While 2 of my parcels which were delivered to them on Saturday are still in transit.

5 mins after this post, both were stored.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭the-island-man

I live in Galway and have been using Parcel Motel extensively over the past two months and get excellent service. Parcel is in the locker a day after it arrives in Newtonabbey.
    So must not be a nationwide issue.

Wow

2 hours after my call

The second item has been put in a locker
    And a third is checked in

Things are starting to move

I did ask did he see the thread on boards
    Yes was the answer

That's me done with them after/if I get these parcels.

Fcuking sham of a company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Had my first experience with them on Thursday the 23rd of August. Had purchased something off EBay from an irish seller based in drogheda they had the item in the locker that afternoon and reached the Dublin depot that night. Was at the hub until Monday night when it was in transit to the Limerick Depot. Eventually got it on Tuesday. Excuse my naivety but surely that’s a bit long, no?

Advertisement