Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

PM have slowed down a bit recently for me in Dublin South. Used to always get same-day delivery (delivered to the North early in the morning, in my locker that night) but lately it's usually not in the locker until the day after it arrives to NI.

Quick enough and completely within their stated timeframe, but I do find it a bit disappointing now. I guess got spoiled by the same-day service.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

I rang earlier and asked if I could pick up from the depot, I was told I could ' if we can find it'
    I have been using them for 6 years, not sure I'd trust them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

To be fair to PM my parcel eventually showed up in my locker this evening.

I'm still off though. Have one more headed towards them where items already dispatched so cannot change delivery, but after that I'm finished with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Parcel delivered to Antrim today and already checked in. Will be interesting to see when it is stored

Follow up, just got the email saying its stored so same day me in South Dublin

My parcel arrived this evening, not sure if it had anything to do with my calls/emails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Given the sudden improvement in service, corresponding to when the schools have gone back, maybe they've been having staffing problems then?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Manutd623

Hi all,

Just wondering is the parcel motel postcode for Antrim still BTP36 4PE, when I look up Parcel Motel's address for Antrim, the postcode is down as BTP36 4UU?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Manutd623 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering is the parcel motel postcode for Antrim still BTP36 4PE, when I look up Parcel Motel's address for Antrim, the postcode is down as BTP36 4UU?

1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Manutd623 wrote:

I remember something about them being right on a corner and having two possible postcodes. Personally I stick to BTP36 4PE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Joke of a business at the moment.

Why so

• Advertisement

Why so

It's detailed in the last page or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

From today
    Parcel delivered to their depot @ 14.52

Still no word of it arriving on their website

It showed up at 9.30 last night

Oversized and a extra €28 charge

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Bojill wrote: »
    Packet arrived in Dublin last Friday at 3pm, still no sign of it in Celbridge.
    I wasn't waiting this long at peak xmas times.

My parcel arrived in Dublin on the 3rd of September and still no sign of it in Celbridge either. Bit of a joke at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

Had my first issue with them too, 8 days from newtownabbey to my locker, customer service non existant.

250+ deliveries with 95% same day delivery from newtownabbey, not a single issue or lost item. I sincerely hope they're not on the wind down....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

They could be. UPS bought them, now that they own them they could just end it if it suited them.

UPS stated that NL/PM would be absorbed into UPS at some stage

Shn99 wrote: »
    UPS stated that NL/PM would be absorbed into UPS at some stage

I think we're seeing the beginning of that and the subsequent fallout, considering how terrible UPS generally is.

Balls, anyway. :( PM a fantastic service when it was at peak— as someone who absolutely loathes waiting for the post and the "missed delivery" dance, it made my life much easier. I don't want things delivered to my door and I don't want to be restricted to collection during office hours, so most of the other services currently on offer are of little value to me.

Maybe something else will crop up in its stead, but with Brexit looming, I doubt it.

I thought they were always a bit sluggish. Only thing is the collection at any time.
    I've ordered a lot of stuff this year to get the 'free UK delivery' . I'm kind of weighing up the Amazon prime option now to get the next day(2day for Ireland) and be put out by heading to get to a depot on time.
    If they offered a 'consolidate order service' to save on multiple Amazon shippings and split deliveries id be interested in that. That winds up costing me a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Didn't know about the UPS thing. It'll be a pity to see them go under, was always my favourite for convenience. Can't beat being able to pick up when you want.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Didn't know about the UPS thing. It'll be a pity to see them go under, was always my favourite for convenience. Can't beat being able to pick up when you want.

Maybe if I cut a huge hole in my door with a giant postbox... naaa the feckerz would still put in the 'you were out so we legged it' note.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭bren2001

Maybe if I cut a huge hole in my door with a giant postbox... naaa the feckerz would still put in the 'you were out so we legged it' note.

Put in an An Post delivery box if you wanted parcels delivered while you're out.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Put in an An Post delivery box if you wanted parcels delivered while you're out.

It would last about 4 seconds where I live. First delivery that looked valuable and box and all would be in someone's boot.

Are there any other options ??

Currently taking two days for parcels to come from the Uk to parcel motel depot

And over 3 days for them to leave the depot in Dublin

Are there any other options ??

Currently taking two days for parcels to come from the Uk to parcel motel depot

And over 3 days for them to leave the depot in Dublin

Parcel Wizard is fairly quick but it's not nearly as handy a service unless you work in an office that will take in personal parcels for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I ordered an item at 17.30 from a seller on eBay UK on Weds (5th), item was in my locker Sat morning (8th).
    So no complaints there after last week's messing.
    Strange one though- not PM related- although I ordered on eBay, item came via Amazon!

Got through to them today

Oversized package arrived in Dublin depot Thursday evening

Got the option to collect myself or get them to deliver it to my address by van

Opted for home delivery

It’s now in a holding depot of the courier till Monday

Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Ebay item posted from England on 28 August. Still not arrived in Newtownabbey. Normally only takes 2/3 days.

Anyone used PM to do an Amazon return lately?

I have no idea how to go about it but I just realised I bought the wrong version of the thing I wanted and I don't want to start a return process on Amazon if it's going to be difficult to get the thing back to them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Anyone used PM to do an Amazon return lately?

I have no idea how to go about it but I just realised I bought the wrong version of the thing I wanted and I don't want to start a return process on Amazon if it's going to be difficult to get the thing back to them.

It doesn't seem to have worked at all for people using it as a return to various companies. There have been posts about it on this thread previously.

• Advertisement

After what people have said here, I drove North to return rather than chance them.

Advertisement