Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I've used PM returns with Collect+ on many occasions and was smooth enough. Hermes always worked but is slow and very little tracking.

I'd ping Amazon and ask for a An Post return label

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

I've used PM returns with Collect+ on many occasions and was smooth enough. Hermes always worked but is slow and very little tracking.

I'd ping Amazon and ask for a An Post return label

Last time I asked for an An Post return label (4-6 weeks ago), they repeatedly stated they couldn't issue one, and in the end just told me to keep the item in question (£30 value)!

I will try tomorrow when there's some chance of local agents being available and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Ive a parcel in transit almost a week now
    Nothing but lies when they do answer the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I had confirmation of delivery to PM this morning from a seller on Ebay,
    Just had the email from PM saying item is checked into Dublin depot, which means it should be in my local pickup location in the morning.
    No complaints there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Is this a new thing ,received this email today ,to be honest I do not like the sound of it at all.
    Parcel Motel at xxxx is moving inside

We wanted to let you know that from tomorrow (12th September) the Parcel Motel service at xxx will be moving inside the shop. The good news is this will not affect your service just that you now need to collect your parcel from inside the store.

​How can I collect my parcel?

When you receive a notification that your parcel has arrived, please bring your phone with the text and PIN number to the shop and show it to the shop assistant who will then retrieve your parcel for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Zardoz wrote: »
    Is this a new thing ,received this email today ,to be honest I do not like the sound of it at all.

That takes away one of the main advantages of the service unless it's a 24hr shop.

Patww79 wrote: »
    That takes away one of the main advantages of the service unless it's a 24hr shop.

It is a 24 hour service station ,but I dont fancy staff going through my stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's run like that from my local parcel motel for years. They took the lockers away and replaced them with a car wash, washing machines and other services so I guess there was no room outside. It's annoying I have until 10:30pm to collect from the petrol station shop.
    Because of this I don't use it as much as I used to but there are still many online sellers on amazon that do not ship outside of the UK so I still use it in those cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Zardoz wrote: »
    It is a 24 hour service station ,but I dont fancy staff going through my stuff.

There's not even a secure area inside? Feck that.

Patww79 wrote: »
    There's not even a secure area inside? Feck that.

I'm not sure ,the change only occurs from tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

Ugh hope that's not coming for everywhere. If anyone from PM is reading, the automation and 24hr pickup is what separates you from the rest. I really don't want to go into shops asking about packages.

Has anyone managed to get through to
    Their call centre ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Anyone used the return service to Royal Mail? I have a faulty item bought from a seller in the UK and they gave me a prepaid Royal Mail Tracked 48 return label.

How does it work? Do I stick on 2 labels on the front of the package (1 for Parcel Motel and the Royal Mail prepaid one)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

jamescd wrote: »
    Anyone used the return service to Royal Mail? I have a faulty item bought from a seller in the UK and they gave me a prepaid Royal Mail Tracked 48 return label.

How does it work? Do I stick on 2 labels on the front of the package (1 for Parcel Motel and the Royal Mail prepaid one)?

Yes that's correct stick in 2 labels that's what i did when i returned something in the UK

Parcel motel label + Collect PLus label

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

5star02707 wrote: »
    Yes that's correct stick in 2 labels that's what i did when i returned something in the UK

Parcel motel label + Collect PLus label

Thanks

Do you know if they hand it straight to an employee? I was told to have the barcode on the prepaid label scanned upon handing the package. I'm worried if they just leave it in a container/bin, the item would get delayed or even missing.

That's why I was thinking of just paying for a courier (DPD or UPS) myself and ask the seller to reimburse me the shipping cost. It'll cost about 30 quid (or zero if they agree to reimburse me) but at least I won't be worried about any delays or the package going missing.

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Last time I asked for an An Post return label (4-6 weeks ago), they repeatedly stated they couldn't issue one, and in the end just told me to keep the item in question (£30 value)!

I will try tomorrow when there's some chance of local agents being available and see what happens.

Update: didn't get around to trying until today. No option for An Post label when I was doing the automated routine, but five minutes with the chat service and I got a prepaid An Post label no problem. I think with Amazon it's just easier to skip PM entirely.

Currently expecting a parcel to the Dublin address (they would have delivered to me here, but I hate getting deliveries to the house and having to wait around) which is being couriered by Nightline, so we'll see what happens. It arrived into the hub last night, and has been listed as "outbound" since 4am this morning, but there's still no sign of it on the PM website.

If Nightline have had the package in Dublin since 10pm last night, why isn't it showing up on PM's website yet? I have a feeling I won't be seeing it until tomorrow at the earliest, which is a little disappointing.

EDIT: It got checked into the Dublin depot within ten minutes of me posting this. Still no change on the Nightline tracking website. Will see how fast PM gets this out compared to older and more recent deliveries.

Was expecting a delivery this evening to my locker- first time using parcel motel.

Absolutely no word. It's in the "depot" since yesterday afternoon. they say allow 24 hours. That's up now. Considering the other comments in this thread over the last few days, I'm getting worried.

A "What's going on with Parcel Hotel" thread on After Hours might make them take notice a bit- I see standard insurance is just 100 euro so be wary of this also.

Hardly a busy time of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

I do wonder whats going to happen during Black Friday week and leading upto Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TheTomahawk

Parcel Motel have been terrible of late. Twice in the last 2 weeks I was waiting more than 72 hours for my parcel to be delivered to a locker after I was notified it had arrived in Dublin. And I live beside the depot!!

A friend of mine told me that several weeks prior he was also waiting over 72 hours. So they've been not working as advertised (or as paid for) for many weeks, at least.

Something has gone screwy in Parcel Motel, and I think I'll be moving my custom to the An Post service. And I doubt Parcel Motel will issue any refund or part refunds for missing their still advertised "24 hours".

Mine was in the locker tonight (evening of arrival at the Dublin depot), as had been usual for them until recently.

Maybe back to normal performance in some areas? Or maybe I just got lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Yep, I've had a good few deliveries over the past few weeks, and they've all taken over 48 hours to get from the depot to the locker on Dublin's southside. The only time I've previously had issues was at Christmas, and that was because lockers were full.

I've a parcel sitting at the depot since Monday lunchtime. No budge on it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Wonder if anyone from PM is actually reading this thread?

Was expecting a delivery this evening to my locker- first time using parcel motel.

Absolutely no word. It's in the "depot" since yesterday afternoon. they say allow 24 hours. That's up now. Considering the other comments in this thread over the last few days, I'm getting worried.

A "What's going on with Parcel Hotel" thread on After Hours might make them take notice a bit- I see standard insurance is just 100 euro so be wary of this also.

Hardly a busy time of year?

I’m waiting 9 days for a parcel that’s in transit

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

JazzyJ wrote: »
    Yep, I've had a good few deliveries over the past few weeks, and they've all taken over 48 hours to get from the depot to the locker on Dublin's southside. The only time I've previously had issues was at Christmas, and that was because lockers were full.

I've a parcel sitting at the depot since Monday lunchtime. No budge on it at all.

It reached the motel yesterday afternoon - so 3 days from depot to motel.

I’m waiting 9 days for a parcel that’s in transit

Get in touch with their customer support. They are quite good. 9 days would imply a problem with the package. Maybe a missing PM number, for example.

Get in touch with their customer support. They are quite good. 9 days would imply a problem with the package. Maybe a missing PM number, for example.

They won’t answer the phone

22 Voicemail’s left over 7 days
    Zero callbacks

They won’t answer the phone

22 Voicemail’s left over 7 days
    Zero callbacks

Strange. Try email. I've only ever dealt with them by email.

Strange. Try email. I've only ever dealt with them by email.

I got an email address from one of their agents
    He’s conveniently gone on holidays

They’re not stupid
    They know why I’m contacting them

I got an email address from one of their agents
    He’s conveniently gone on holidays

They’re not stupid
    They know why I’m contacting them

See

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Get in touch with their customer support. They are quite good.

They used to be, seems to have radically changed though. My wife has been trying to chase a parcel that was shipped in July....constant fobbing off, no real answers, not even a refund so far and she's been dealing with them for weeks.

Advertisement