Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Bought out and killed off

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TheTomahawk

See

Are they still using support@parcelmotel.zendesk.com ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Bought out and killed off

What are you talking about? When UPS bought them, they were in serious decline. Delays getting stuff out to be picked up, terrible customer support. I'd say there is a serious job of work to be done there to get it up to spec. I don't think UPS are in the habit of just spending millions to kill off competition. This is similar to part of their own operations in the US, so it was a good fit.

Nearly 48 hours for delivery to my box after arrival in depot.

And this isn’t peak time. I’d really be worried relying on them coming up to Christmas. They need to release a statement soon to reassure people. Otherwise, people wil desert in droves. Christmas is a serious business- you don’t mess with Christmas deliveries.

Speak now Parcel Motel is my advice. Thinking of going to consumer issues with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Nearly 48 hours for delivery to my box after arrival in depot.

And this isn’t peak time. I’d really be worried relying on them coming up to Christmas. They need to release a statement soon to reassure people. Otherwise, people wil desert in droves. Christmas is a serious business- you don’t mess with Christmas deliveries.

Speak now Parcel Motel is my advice. Thinking of going to consumer issues with this?

I wont be trusting regardless of whether or not a statement is released. Are there any alternatives to PM..is DPD Parcel wizard any good
    ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Get in touch with their customer support. They are quite good.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TheTomahawk

Shn99 wrote: »
    I wont be trusting regardless of whether or not a statement is released. Are there any alternatives to PM..is DPD Parcel wizard any good
    ?

I've heard good things about https://addresspal.anpost.ie
    Plus they have an address in the US...
    Similar price to Parcel Motel, and your collection point is typically your local post office distribution centre.

?

I’m posting as a first time user in fairness and only realize the recent complaints now on this thread. I want to give these guys a chance and more than willing to be reassured by regular users of this service. But I have my doubts. Don’t want to knock Irish jobs or put people at risk of losing their jobs coming up to Christmas period but/so, the company is obliged to issue an update explaining themselves if they’re anyways interested in respecting their employees and contractors I would have thought? It’s the least THEY deserve, no less their customers.

Am I correct in saying no tweets since August 30th?

https://mobile.twitter.com/parcelmotel?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They ignore all phones and email for two months of the year, a statement is a bit beyond them.
    Am I correct in saying no tweets since August 30th?

https://mobile.twitter.com/parcelmotel?lang=en

Hit replies.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    They ignore all phones and email for two months of the year, a statement is a bit beyond them.

Hit replies.

No statement, no reassurance, no customer I.e me :)

whiterebel wrote: »
    What are you talking about? When UPS bought them, they were in serious decline. Delays getting stuff out to be picked up, terrible customer support. I'd say there is a serious job of work to be done there to get it up to spec. I don't think UPS are in the habit of just spending millions to kill off competition. This is similar to part of their own operations in the US, so it was a good fit.

From my own experience when ups bought them the 24hr notice wasn't too bad and 95% of the time I could expect to be collecting with 1 day after arriving in depot.
    Now I get the message and I can be sure to forget about collecting next day. 3 days isn't unusual. So I think they have gone 'more' downhill since.

Plus they might be expecting to be cutting staff anyway , hence the basic processing delays.

Ok maybe they're not killing it off but they could be planning for a downsize.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/parcel-drop-terminals-could-soon-be-returned-to-sender-nc6tfzptd

• Registered Users Posts: 17 davecp

Hi all

Is it possible to print a receipt from your parcel motel account? I have searched the site but cant find how to do it. I have emailed their useless customer care and have only got back their automated response that they have received my mail and will be in touch in due course.

Usually Im not bothered but I need a receipt for work.

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

davecp wrote: »
    Hi all

Is it possible to print a receipt from your parcel motel account? I have searched the site but cant find how to do it. I have emailed their useless customer care and have only got back their automated response that they have received my mail and will be in touch in due course.

Usually Im not bothered but I need a receipt for work.

Many thanks

Dave

You can print an invoice from the account, click 'History' and then 'Vat Receipt'. Its only done on a calendar month basis though.

https://my.parcelmotel.com/Member/TransactionHistory

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Wonder if anyone from PM is actually reading this thread?

Probably not. IThis forum is not run or staffed by them , just in case you expected answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

whiterebel wrote: »
    Probably not. IThis forum is not run or staffed by them , just in case you expected answers.

Ohh their staff have read it
    I’ve asked

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

My account at present

2 deliveries one took 3 weeks and lay in a depot a weekend it was a courier delivery to the house

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭brynne

Just to add my tuppence to the chorus of complaints here. (No one at Parcel Motel seems to be listening.) I've used Parcel Motel for years without incident, but now I have 3 parcels apparently logged into the Dublin depot (photos and all), but no sign of them being delivered to my local collection point.

I started to worry after 48 hours with no word on the first parcel, but now it's getting serious. I've seen horror stories on Trust Pilot of people with packages undelivered after 3 weeks! I need the fabric I ordered from the UK for a sewing class that I'm running next weekend. In desperation, I've ordered another batch to be delivered via An Post's Address Pal, but their service times are advertised as slower (choosing my words carefully, here :rolleyes:), so there's no guarantee that either will arrive on time.

On top of the delay, I notice they've changed my collection point without telling me. I've no idea where the new lockers are, but would be happy to know that my parcel was waiting there. Somewhere. Anywhere! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dompedro

Awaiting delivery following the usual text from parcel motel on the 12 th September that my parcel wasin their Dublin depot, still no sign of the delivery 16th September.
    Got an email indicating my local parcel Motel is closed since the 13thSeptember and no other communication since despite 2 emails to Support.

Their Operation and Service is not fit for purpose.
    If no delivery on Monday will implement an insurance Claim .
    However feel ifeverybody was to call your local TD might get some action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Seems very hit and miss. I'm still getting same day delivery to the motel from being delivered to Antrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 dompedro

This Company needs to be brought to boot.
    Its hard to imagine a poorer service or Organisation with so little value assaigned to Customer relationships.

Here's their contact details:

A "robust" mail to their support email address may create some movement?

Unit C1
    North City Business Park,
    North Road,
    Dublin 11, D11 RW30,
    Ireland

Phone: 076 888 6677

Support Email: support@parcelmotel.com

Business/Retailer: sales@parcelmotel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

My parcel is in the depot since Thursday. They charged me for delivery without delivering it yet. Won't be using them again after this as it's gotten really bad recently. No reply to emails and they don't answer the phone.

Do they stipulate a 'within 24 hours of arriving in the depot' ?

If so they should offer a refund

Two of my three outstanding packages came through today. Unfortunately, the first - that I was notified about on Wednesday last week - is still unaccounted for. At least, I can breath a slight sigh of relief over the fabric for next weekend's sewing class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

Wow ParcelMotel has really gone down hill. It was bad a few years ago when I changed to the superior ParcelWizard but it seems to have gone from bad to worse.

Though through pure laziness (I was buying from a site that had only my PM address saved) I used them again last week, using the PM station near my place of work (none near my home place).

The item was delivered to them Thursday, they processed it Friday and it arrived in my PM late Friday night. I work Monday-Fridays and work is a half an hour away. Went to collect it before work this morning (Monday) and they had taken it back out of my locker because I didn't collect it in 48hrs. Apparently they will return it (and charge me again of course) in 2-3 days.

I understand they will charge me again (frustrating enough) but why not just bloody leave it there for me?

We were chatting about it at lunch and a co-worker had stopped using them for the same reason - if it gets processed on a Friday and you're using a PM near work you're screwed.

No real idea when I'll get my package not but I'll very, very happily move back to ParcelWizard. I'll leave others to deal with the shoddy ParcelMotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

JimPa wrote: »
    The item was delivered to them Thursday, they processed it Friday and it arrived in my PM late Friday night. I work Monday-Fridays and work is a half an hour away. Went to collect it before work this morning (Monday) and they had taken it back out of my locker because I didn't collect it in 48hrs. Apparently they will return it (and charge me again of course) in 2-3 days.

I understand they will charge me again (frustrating enough) but why not just bloody leave it there for me?

To be fair to them, they've only a finite amount of space in the lockers, and if everyone left items in for significant periods of time there'd be bigger delays. They used to send reminder text with 24 hours remaining. Do they no longer do that?

JazzyJ wrote: »
    To be fair to them, they've only a finite amount of space in the lockers, and if everyone left items in for significant periods of time there'd be bigger delays. They used to send reminder text with 24 hours remaining. Do they no longer do that?
    Yeah. I'm wondering if the backlog is causing them to struggle to find available locker space. Could explain why one of my packages was delivered to a different local collection point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

JazzyJ wrote: »

It's the obvious fault with the service I suppose. Though it seems there are now plenty.

DPD ParcelWizard have always known what to do with my parcel depending on what day they receive it (My Calendar function).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Crunchee

My parcel was sent to someone else. I have been trying to get in touch with them for over I week. I upped the ante today and plagued them on social media. Turns out my pmid was not included in the address and they sent it to someone with a similar name to me 2 weeks ago.
    Can they refuse to refund me as the seller didn't write the pmid on it? They are 'reaching out to the person who collected it. Last time I will ever use this service.

Advertisement