Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Had a parcel delivered to newtownabbey at 9am this morning. Still not on their website as received nor have I received any email or anything. *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'm a bit confused. I had three packages dropped to Dublin depot at same time. Then 2 made it to motel. One is still in the motel. Another one dropped to depot today and still no email to say it's in the locker. Emailed support and haven't heard a word back about older package.

I honestly have no issue with them placing all my stuff that can fit in one locker into one locker and I will pay them per package. You should be able to opt into this.

I think they have lost me and the PW will be my go to. I like the PM service and updates, and collect at any time. But this is mental. It's in the Dublin Depot since the 14th :/

Customer service isnt bad. It's under resourced. Any issues I have they fix. Provided you can get someone that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

3 weeks now I’ve had a parcel in limbo

The process seems to be
    Take a pic charge me
    Say it’s in transit
    I ring after 3 days
    Ohh it’s lost I’ll check the warehouse

Get a refund “ for something I paid for and didn’t get “

New pic up
    Get charged again
    Package in transit
    Didn’t arrive

Ring them
    Refund and repeat

So basically parcel motel are charging me €3.95 a week
    To send me photos of a parcel I bought on eBay 3 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

so its been over a day now since they received my package, but still no notification on website or email that they have it. What should I do? Email them? First time i've had a bad experience with them now so unsure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Ordered a bunch of stuff last night which Amazon last night said would come in two deliveries which is now apparently coming in five (PM must love them for this!), so I'll have a lot of examples to test how fast PM are moving these days.

Apparently they're all coming by "Amazon Shipping". Is that a PM thing, or something Amazon are trying now?

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Ordered a bunch of stuff last night which Amazon last night said would come in two deliveries which is now apparently coming in five (PM must love them for this!), so I'll have a lot of examples to test how fast PM are moving these days.

Apparently they're all coming by "Amazon Shipping". Is that a PM thing, or something Amazon are trying now?

Why do Amazon even ask this if they never follow it? Drives me nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

DivingDuck wrote: »

At 3.50 a pop
    2 deliveries =7eur
    5 deliveries = 17.50 euro

I got screwed by Amazon splitting orders before.
    I kindly asked PM to hang on and combine :pac:
    :rolleyes:
    I'm just soooo naive

A more suspicious person might wonder if this order-splitting is a deliberate choice when it comes to Prime customers with PM addresses (especially as this only seems to become apparent once you've confirmed the order) to encourage them to switch to Irish Prime instead...

It would piss me off even without PM's involvement, though— It looks like I'm going to have deliveries three days this week now. That's a lot of waiting for the postman, even if it wasn't going to cost me a fortune. I'd structure my orders differently if they'd tell me upfront which items can be put in the same damn parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

brynne wrote: »
    Yeah. I'm wondering if the backlog is causing them to struggle to find available locker space. Could explain why one of my packages was delivered to a different local collection point.

I'm not sure that its the problem. Previous Christmas' I'd packages that were flagged as on route to motel and then would be flagged back to the depot when there was no space. This time they seem to be just sitting at the depot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Parcel is sitting in the depot in Dublin for over 48 hours now. Used to be in my locker in Newbridge within a few hours previously.

Cazale wrote: »
    Parcel is sitting in the depot in Dublin for over 48 hours now. Used to be in my locker in Newbridge within a few hours previously.

Mine in depot now since Friday. Yet one arrived yesterday afternoon and is now in locker.

What is going on? ****ers won't answer my emails, so gonna stop into them on way home and find out where it ****ing is. Won't be using them again, wouldn't want to lose anything serious and deal with this bad customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I had 4 packages delayed over 48 hours. I emailed them telling them I had paid for fast shipping which was now a waste and they waved the fee for the four packages. Their service seems to be getting worse though.

Christmas will end them this year if this is how they are going on now.

Christmas won’t even start for them. If these sort of experiences are being reported in September then people won’t go near them for a Christmas delivery. I know I won’t be.

I’m going to try An Post next time and get it delivered to my local post office. See how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Crunchee

Crunchee wrote: »
    My parcel was sent to someone else. I have been trying to get in touch with them for over I week. I upped the ante today and plagued them on social media. Turns out my pmid was not included in the address and they sent it to someone with a similar name to me 2 weeks ago.
    Can they refuse to refund me as the seller didn't write the pmid on it? They are 'reaching out to the person who collected it. Last time I will ever use this service.

Update: I received this message via messenger. I'll see what happens next.

Hi XXXXXXX, just to confirm the other customer was away but has this parcel and will be returning it to us. We will let you know once it has been received back and get it forwarded onto you. Thanks, Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone return packages to Amazon with them recently, I have some headphones I have to send back and I know you can print off some special return label with Amazon, just wondering if it will ever reach Amazon!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭brynne

Finally got a message to say that the last of the three parcels had arrived at the collection point yesterday. While I'm quite relieved, and it certainly wasn't the horror story that many have experienced, that's it, I'm done with Parcel Motel for the foreseeable.

I did, however, receive a request for feedback from them, this morning:
    We'd love to hear what you think of our customer support. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking either link below:

How would you rate the support you received?

Good, I'm satisfied
    Bad, I'm unsatisfied

Excuse me? What support?!! Guess which link I clicked.

Right so these boys are heading down Fastway territory here. My parcel was inputted again, I was charged again, still no one got back to me via email. I've removed my card so they don't try charge me again. Can't picture me using it again, pitty never had this level of frustration.

To me, it seems all is in order until the packages comes to Dublin, and then it just goes tits up from there, amazing out of all my packages maybe 100/120 never any real issues. I don't mind a delay, or the double charging, but no body answering my emails. Sorry but that is a deal breaker for me, if someone got back to me, I wouldn't have even cared I would have just waited and no stress. I'll give the other guys a go, PM get your customer service in order.

Anyone return packages to Amazon with them recently, I have some headphones I have to send back and I know you can print off some special return label with Amazon, just wondering if it will ever reach Amazon!

If you contact Amazon, they'll print you an An Post return which should simplify things.

That said, my return was sent a week ago, received on Saturday, and is still listed as processing. :mad:

As for PM, three deliveries to the North yesterday morning, and three parcels in the lockers that night. Two more to go; we'll see how they fare.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I had 4 packages delayed over 48 hours. I emailed them telling them I had paid for fast shipping which was now a waste and they waved the fee for the four packages. Their service seems to be getting worse though.

They’re only refunding through their network
    Store credit etc
    If you pressure them it’s 5-10
    Working days to your own account

• Advertisement

Your packages are lost

Finally got mine. So took a look at labels. One label was planted over and exact copy of other label. Except older one had an 'X' on it :/ . Anyway charged me twice, when they get back to me will consider using them again.

Edit: package wasnt opened or anything so wasn't a customs check or anything. Odd really.

Your packages are lost

I got them about 65 hours after the checked in at the depot.

I got them about 65 hours after the checked in at the depot.

3 weeks for mine
    I’ll be looking a refund

Think I’ll try parcel wizard from dpd from now on

Yeah, I'll be avoiding them in December. With Amazon splitting stuff up so much, the price PM has gone to, their drop in reliability.. it's just not the great deal it once was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

My parcel is finally ready for collection after a week of bullsh1t email responses and no answer to phone calls. Won't be using them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hey guys ordered some headphones from Ali Express arrived in UK with Royal Mail on the 13th no sign of delivery so pumped my China Post tracking number into Royal Mail and it says they tried to deliver on the 14th last Friday but no one in. Which I find strange as the depot in Newtownabbey is probably manned from 6am. It doesn't say anything about customs or anything so not sure what's going on anyone had similar experience of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I have a PM address in Roscommon. I m trying to have someone send me a package from Dublin. They dont have a PM account.I want to use my account to organise a collection from a Dublin locker to be delivered to my Roscommon locker. I'll pay and send them a label. I cant see how this can be done...

Anyone know if its possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

Hey guys ordered some headphones from Ali Express arrived in UK with Royal Mail on the 13th no sign of delivery so pumped my China Post tracking number into Royal Mail and it says they tried to deliver on the 14th last Friday but no one in. Which I find strange as the depot in Newtownabbey is probably manned from 6am. It doesn't say anything about customs or anything so not sure what's going on anyone had similar experience of this?

I'd say it's just lies from royal mail. I've often got the 'attempted delivery, nobody home' from various couriers when I was at home all day and nobody came near the place.

• Advertisement

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I have a PM address in Roscommon. I m trying to have someone send me a package from Dublin. They dont have a PM account.I want to use my account to organise a collection from a Dublin locker to be delivered to my Roscommon locker. I'll pay and send them a label. I cant see how this can be done...

Anyone know if its possible?

Create an account yourself for them and send them on the details and have it posted to your locker?

Advertisement