Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

My last parcel took 36 hours from depot to motel - so a good bit of an improvement there.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Hey guys ordered some headphones from Ali Express arrived in UK with Royal Mail on the 13th no sign of delivery so pumped my China Post tracking number into Royal Mail and it says they tried to deliver on the 14th last Friday but no one in. Which I find strange as the depot in Newtownabbey is probably manned from 6am. It doesn't say anything about customs or anything so not sure what's going on anyone had similar experience of this?

Yes if there’s import duty owed they will hold it
    And send a request for payment to pm
    Who won’t accept it

Go on the Royal Mail website
    Onto parcel force and they’ll sort you out they’re very good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

JazzyJ wrote: »
    My last parcel took 36 hours from depot to motel - so a good bit of an improvement there.

Really? Something of mine was just delived to the NI address this morning, what's a reasonable time to expect to be able to collect it in Dublin?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

In the last 3 months I've had 18 items delivered all within the normal time range.

Looking at tracking of the items, it usually gets delivered to PM in Antrim and next day it's in the dublin depot, and the day after that it's in the PM locker for collection in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

They got back to me with apology and entire thing refunded from start to finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yes if there’s import duty owed they will hold it
    And send a request for payment to pm
    Who won’t accept it

Go on the Royal Mail website
    Onto parcel force and they’ll sort you out they’re very good

No this looks like they didn't bother delivering it or no one there to sign for it but if I try to arrange redelivery it looks for details from the card they would have left in the letter box of PM Newtowabbey address
    I'm kind of screwed either way unless the PM can provide me with card details. I don't think it's customs as I ask seller to mark low value and he has aways done that on other orders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Two items delivered to Belfast at 10am. Check in at Dublin depot at 4pm. Now to see how long till they are in my locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,882 ✭✭✭✭josip

They've closed the Deansgrange depot.

There's a large part of Dublin they obviously give even less of a f**k about than the rest of their customers.

sDiAZIL.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

josip wrote: »
    They've closed the Deansgrange depot.

There's a large part of Dublin they obviously give even less of a f**k about than the rest of their customers.

Try living outside of Dublin. You could be driving an hour to a locker. And if it's oversized you're even more fecked.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    My parcel is finally ready for collection after a week of bullsh1t email responses and no answer to phone calls. Won't be using them again.

As a first time user i inadvertently placed my account in credit by about 10 euro.

so chained to them for another few deliveries - my own fault i know- but yes, won't be using them after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Waiting on a parcel all week. An post say they’ve delivered it to fonthill. I put the Dublin parcel motel depot address on it. Is that in fonthill? No confirmation from parcel motel that they’ve received it. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Waiting on a parcel all week. An post say they’ve delivered it to fonthill. I put the Dublin parcel motel depot address on it. Is that in fonthill? No confirmation from parcel motel that they’ve received it. :/

The depot is in Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Patww79 wrote: »
    The depot is in Finglas.

Yeah Dublin 11. I just double checked my delivery address and it’s the parcel motel one. Have got stuff delivered this way before with no problem. So why is the tracker saying it’s delivered to Fonthill hmmm. What do I do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Yeah Dublin 11. I just double checked my delivery address and it’s the parcel motel one. Have got stuff delivered this way before with no problem. So why is the tracker saying it’s delivered to Fonthill hmmm. What do I do now.

I'd be chasing up An Post. Looks like their mistake at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Last two pieces of my order have showed up— one into Belfast on Friday morning, which was delivered Friday night. The last came into Belfast this morning, delivered this evening.

Absolutely zero delays or issues across all five packages, so maybe they're getting back to normal after whatever crappy blip they had? More stuff coming in next week (gearing up for Christmas to avoid the delays of shopping closer to the date), so we'll see what happens then.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

My latest one was delivered to newtownabbey at 4pm Saturday, in my locker at 6pm Sunday. Can't argue with that, good job PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

AuldDaysul wrote: »
    My latest one was delivered to newtownabbey at 4pm Saturday, in my locker at 6pm Sunday. Can't argue with that, good job PM.

On a Sunday? Can you say what area this was in? Dublin North/South, or country?

I'm just interested because I've never gotten a Sunday delivery here in Dublin South, and I'm wondering if they don't do it here or if this is something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

DivingDuck wrote: »
    On a Sunday? Can you say what area this was in? Dublin North/South, or country?

I'm just interested because I've never gotten a Sunday delivery here in Dublin South, and I'm wondering if they don't do it here or if this is something new.

Kells. I've gotten stuff on Sundays before, I don't think it's anything unusual.

I'd imagine the drivers are all contractors and do their drops on their own schedule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I've gotten stuff on Sundays in South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Do parcel motel charge at both ends when one PM user sends to another PM user, please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

magicEye wrote: »
    Do parcel motel charge at both ends when one PM user sends to another PM user, please?

No, just the sender. It's €6.50 for the largest locker

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

No, just the sender. It's €6.50 for the largest locker

I thought that too, someone told me they were charged for collecting the parcel, anyway PM have just confirmed that it's just the sender that is being charged, not the PM receiver.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

No this looks like they didn't bother delivering it or no one there to sign for it but if I try to arrange redelivery it looks for details from the card they would have left in the letter box of PM Newtowabbey address
    I'm kind of screwed either way unless the PM can provide me with card details. I don't think it's customs as I ask seller to mark low value and he has aways done that on other orders

I got attempted delivery notice
    I contacted parcelforce direct
    And pain the tax owed
    Then it went to pm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I got attempted delivery notice
    I contacted parcelforce direct
    And pain the tax owed
    Then it went to pm

Os so sent a enquiry to PM last week no word back sent another message mail on Monday and they sent me on the card from Royal Mail showing customs duty due so I have paid that now via Royal mail so hopefully get my delivery, MOD <SNIP> Seriously, check the charter for the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yikes, the last few pages of this thread make grim enough reading. Last time I used PM was in February and all was fine - generally any deliveries to Antrim in the morning reach the Dublin depot same day. So my parcel was delivered this morning, no email yet, and sign of it when put in my tracking number with their parcel finder tool. Lucky I've no credit left with them now, will definitely be using a different service from here in if this is a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

6 parcels this week, all stored around midnight same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DocMcC

Hi all,

So far this year I have spent over €400 on parcel motel (last year it was over €1,000) and for this money the service has been getting worse and worse.

2 years ago a parcel would arrive in the North at 10am, Dublin 4pm, local locker (Deansgrange Dublin South) at 9pm. Then this started slipping, until it would come in at 1am the same day (no complaints).

Then 2 weeks ago I get an email to say my local locker is being got rid of. when I looked on line I saw that where there were loads of lockers locally 6 months ago they are all gone and only one left!!!

Appears they are using shops now which is of no use to me.

I have currently 2 items from the 26th, 1 from the 27th and one from today all stuck in the depot - and no response from them.

My only guess is that with Brexit coming they expect a vastly reduced business so they are removing the lockers as contracts expire!! (the takeover by UPS of Niteline might also be related!)

Guess it was good while it lasted....

Anyone had much experience of addresspal?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'm afraid to look and see what I've spent on Parcel Motel as a lot of my materials come from the UK.

But today, There were 2 parcels in my locker. So I took them as I am due 5 altogether, but one is not mine and the locker was closed before I read it properly.

So, I've messaged parcel motel. The other person's parcel is dated 22/9, so 6 days ago. I'd be fuming. I suppose really it's not a method I should have been using for business anyway.

I've used Addresspal once and I see they have a new address again, I must look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

When I remove a parcel and close the locker the screen always gives me an "Open locker again" button.

But even if you left it there they probably would have re-stored it and charged you again.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Got mine today, but a colleague has a parcel gone missing for ages and no response from support.

Advertisement