Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

Hi,

I bought a pair of headphones on Amazon and had them delivered using Parcel Motel. I now need to return as they are faulty.

I have printed off the return label to put on the envelope which has the sender's address as my Parcel Motel address and says in the top right hand corner "Delivered by Royal Mail, Postage on Account GB".

I was going to return using Parcel Motel but they want to charge €14.50 even though it is a very small and light package.

Can I just put this in the normal post box in Dublin? Should I put my own stamps on it just to be sure?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Chopper Dave

Hadn't used Parcel Motel in a few months but have had three parcels sent over the last two weeks. It's really gone downhill. Items waiting in the PM Depot for 3-5 days before being brought out to the locker. It actually would have been quicker to have had the packages delivered to my home from the UK.

I've used PM for a few years and before this when the parcel arrived in their depot, it was put into the my locker that night and I could pick it up the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Contact Amazon and they'll send you an Irish return label, the items are faulty so it shouldn't be an issue for change of mind it could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

WhyTheFace wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought a pair of headphones on Amazon and had them delivered using Parcel Motel. I now need to return as they are faulty.

I have printed off the return label to put on the envelope which has the sender's address as my Parcel Motel address and says in the top right hand corner "Delivered by Royal Mail, Postage on Account GB".

I was going to return using Parcel Motel but they want to charge €14.50 even though it is a very small and light package.

Can I just put this in the normal post box in Dublin? Should I put my own stamps on it just to be sure?

Thanks

I was inquiring of a similar issue on another thread.

From replies I gleaned that you can send it back to the Antrim depot purchasing a label on the PM site from Royal Mail.

It then gets handed over to RM and delivered on.

But as the last poster said, if you can get a return label that caters for ROI, go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

Del2005 wrote: »
    Contact Amazon and they'll send you an Irish return label, the items are faulty so it shouldn't be an issue for change of mind it could be.

Just did this using their online chat.

All sorted

THANK YOU!

Merged into the PM Mega thread, as it may help people looking for this option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Eod100 wrote: »
    Mines been in depot since Thursday and no sign of it yet. They seem to be at least a few days behind

Mine arrived into PM box last night

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving over to the Couriers forum as the answer may be most useful there

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Looking at the "Tweets and Replies" section of their Twitter account is a sorry state of affairs. Just a huge amount of customers inquiring about their packages.

The big problem is communication. They obviously track the time they receive the package at the depot and the time it gets delivered to the motel. I also assume they are tracking in real time the average time between the two in their own internal reporting system as a KPI metric.

If they had something on their website that was linked to this, for example "We are currently experience a delay of up to X days to deliver packages to motels", the delay would be annoying but at least people would be kept informed and not in the dark worrying about their delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

If they dont release a statement explaining the delays soon then people will quite frankly avoid them over the xmas period..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Yeah the service has gone downhill, I have been using PM for years only to find my parcels are now taking over 48 hours + to reach my chosen locker, after receiving the email my item has arrived in their Dublin depot. Its time to try other companies. If PM can't handle normal deliveries what will happen this Christmas! There will be a lot of pissed off and frustrated customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I spoke with some PM/ Nightline staff at a depot yesterday and they said there is a major staffing crisis, and recommended anyone using the service should set the depot as your collection point, not a motel

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,915 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

gman2k wrote: »
    I spoke with some PM/ Nightline staff at a depot yesterday and they said there is a major staffing crisis, and recommended anyone using the service should set the depot as your collection point, not a motel

That's interesting. I've been ringing for over a week about a parcel and I keep being told that my local motel is full, but I know that's a load of crap because my Mum uses the same motel as me and she's had stuff delivered no problem.

I've also noticed over the last number of months that I'd be waiting over a week for a pin for oversize parcels and I'd have to ring to find out what's going on.

I'm thinking of giving up on PM altogether. I mainly use it for Amazon stuff, but my husband ordered stuff on Monday night and had it delivered to our home address. It was at our door on Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

Something seriously going on with Parcel Motel, 6 emails and the same amount of calls with no reply, They recieved a parcel on the 27th of Sep '18 and sent me an email to say they had it, that was the last i heard and now the site says it has been delivered ? wtf is going on there ? No answer by phone or email, do i just call to the depot ? is it going bust ? anyone got any info ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Wishox wrote: »
    Something seriously going on with Parcel Motel, 6 emails and the same amount of calls with no reply, They recieved a parcel on the 27th of Sep '18 and sent me an email to say they had it, that was the last i heard and now the site says it has been delivered ? wtf is going on there ? No answer by phone or email, do i just call to the depot ? is it going bust ? anyone got any info ?

Have a look back through a few pages to see what is happening to others. Plenty in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Looking at the "Tweets and Replies" section of their Twitter account is a sorry state of affairs. Just a huge amount of customers inquiring about their packages.

The big problem is communication. They obviously track the time they receive the package at the depot and the time it gets delivered to the motel. I also assume they are tracking in real time the average time between the two in their own internal reporting system as a KPI metric.

If they had something on their website that was linked to this, for example "We are currently experience a delay of up to X days to deliver packages to motels", the delay would be annoying but at least people would be kept informed and not in the dark worrying about their delivery.

That's exactly it. People being left in the dark and naturally frustrated as a result. If they said there was X amount of days delay at least people would expect that.

For what it's worth I asked for a refund as it took over 5 days for my package to come and they refunded it. Worth asking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Something confirmed as delivered to the Belfast depot this morning (Saturday) at 9am, but hasn't arrived in Dublin as yet, much less to my motel. I'm not complaining, but this is definitely the first time I've ever had an item come into Belfast and not make it to at least the Dublin depot in the same day.

Perhaps they've stopped sending people the "your parcel is in the Dublin depot, please allow 48h for delivery" email to prevent people from claiming they have had a delay longer of than two days and asking for a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Waiting for 4 parcels that checked in to Dublin depot on Weds and Thurs. Their tracking numbers mark them as delivered to NI depot last Monday. I'm raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Scraggs wrote: »
    Waiting for 4 parcels that checked in to Dublin depot on Weds and Thurs. Their tracking numbers mark them as delivered to NI depot last Monday. I'm raging.

Exact same here, got the notification on Wednesday that my parcel arrived in the Dublin Depot and radio silence since. I won't be using the service again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

No issues here, all weekday morning deliveries store same night. Afternoon next night. Weekend deliveries next working day.

Parcel checked into Dublin today, but not sent to the motel. I've still never had a Sunday delivery!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

They've really fallen off a cliff. I missed collection on a package last Saturday and it has yet to be redelivered. I've sent emails and had no replies. I won't bother again.

Parcel into Belfast on Saturday, Dublin depot on Sunday, locker on Monday. Not too shabby.

Have another parcel coming in either tomorrow or Wednesday that's going directly to Dublin, so we'll see what happens there.

Is there a possibility that some motels just have a high percentage of users who use the full 48h every time and just keep the motels very overloaded?

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Parcel into Belfast on Saturday, Dublin depot on Sunday, locker on Monday. Not too shabby.

Have another parcel coming in either tomorrow or Wednesday that's going directly to Dublin, so we'll see what happens there.

Is there a possibility that some motels just have a high percentage of users who use the full 48h every time and just keep the motels very overloaded?

Its more than that I think. If you look at trust pilot and twitter they're getting absolutely hammered the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

DivingDuck wrote: »

Other posters have said they know people receiving OK from the same motel (thus emptying boxes) but nothing for their items.

Getting RIPPED on twitter. The staffing shortage lines up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

ED E wrote: »
    Other posters have said they know people receiving OK from the same motel (thus emptying boxes) but nothing for their items.

Getting RIPPED on twitter. The staffing shortage lines up.

I'm using a Motel in Tallaght, all my parcels are receiving ok, my latest parcel was deliver yesterday 10am, scanned in Dublin yesterday at 19:20 was in my locker at at 2am, previous parcels also ok in locker same day it was delivered, only 1 took 2 days from when it was delivered to when it was 1st scanned in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Returning an item to Lifestyle sports through Parcel Motel return. Parcel collected from Motel on the 6th but no update since.

First time I've been affected by this slow down

I had a parcel delivered into the Dublin depot on Tuesday morning (signed for at 9am), but still hasn't been checked in. They are definitely delaying check-in as an excuse to prevent people complaining about the slow processing times since unless it had been signed for, they wouldn't know PM had it far longer than they are letting on.

Poor form. Have unavoidably another two items to come in with them in the next week and that's the last time I will be using them for a while.

My parcel was finally rechecked in to Dublin today. Still no sign of it in the locker. I'm mainly pissed off that it spent a week in limbo and customer service didn't get back to me once.

I'm abroad and was planning on using them to hold all my Christmas presents until my brother could get them them. My fam are all getting duty free now. We'll all be ****ed on Christmas day now. Thanks Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Parcel delivered to the depot yesterday and it was ready in my motel just a few hours later. Either the depot delivery time was incorrect or I just caught them on a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Hi has anyone used the return service of Parcel Motel for Size?

Can i use this return service for purchases i bought in www.size.co.uk? or just purchases in Size? Ireland?

Advertisement