Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Went to collect a parcel and the compartment popped open and it was empty!

This has happened to me before, but back then they had a "help" button on screen and you could speak to someone. This time I had to find their number and ring them. It went straight to hold music (no "thank you for calling parcel motel" or anything like that) and after 10 minutes holding says "no one is available to take your call - please try later).

I emailed them and have had no response in 24 hours. Tried ringing them again (in the middle of the day rather than the evening) and the same 10 minute wait/cut off occurred.

Has anyone got another route to contact them or experienced similar?

Thanks for any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Went to collect a parcel and the compartment popped open and it was empty!

This has happened to me before, but back then they had a "help" button on screen and you could speak to someone. This time I had to find their number and ring them. It went straight to hold music (no "thank you for calling parcel motel" or anything like that) and after 10 minutes holding says "no one is available to take your call - please try later).

I emailed them and have had no response in 24 hours. Tried ringing them again (in the middle of the day rather than the evening) and the same 10 minute wait/cut off occurred.

Has anyone got another route to contact them or experienced similar?

Thanks for any advice.

It sounds mad but i found twitter the best way of getting a response out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,652 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved to Couriers forum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Am I completely mad, or did Parcel Motel up until recently have a collection location in Dundrum Shopping centre somewhere ? I had reset my collection point to it, now it's disappeared* and my collection point was reset to the Goat, which is a bit inconvenient. Parcel on the way now and I want them to redirect it to a city centre location convenient for work instead of the Goat.

*or, I'm 'completely mad' as above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Am I completely mad, or did Parcel Motel up until recently have a collection location in Dundrum Shopping centre somewhere ? I had reset my collection point to it, now it's disappeared* and my collection point was reset to the Goat, which is a bit inconvenient. Parcel on the way now and I want them to redirect it to a city centre location convenient for work instead of the Goat.

*or, I'm 'completely mad' as above

They have closed and removed Motels due to planning issues, that might explain it?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

No response from Parcel Motel by phone (hangs up after 10 minutes on hold everytime) by email (queries closed with no response) web (no response) or Twitter (no response).

Are they closing down? Nightline customer support at least answer, but it's pretty hard to get them to take any initiative - they just transfer me to the normal hold line after promising to get me an actual agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

When using PM to forward on to another courier (Collect+) does it take up to a week or more to find it's destination?

I'm getting a 3rd Party link notification on my account, indicating they're in the process of/or passed it on to Collect+.

The vendor I'm returning to says there's no sign of it, without any tracking info (tracking info from Collect+ came as part of the original order and needed to be stuck onto the return - annoyingly I didn't take note of the number/barcode).

It landed in PM on the 9th. Not holding out much hope here.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

All my last parcels have been delayed. Would usually be delivered next day but now 3-4 days after NI check in. Last one ended up on the Athlone truck by mistake.

Emailed and no responses either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I got a parcel sent to NI, I didn't get a mail to say it was received until it reached Dublin yesterday, so no idea how long they had it. Normally it would be in my locker the same day it reaches Dublin, but late at night. Nothing yet, first time that's happened.

• Advertisement

Just received an email from Parcel motel from a mail I sent on 15sept...the sender apologised for delay in responding as she was in hols and wanted d to know I'd I received my package.... I did but I've 3 stuck in Dublin since Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,237 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Had a package delivered to PM's Dublin address on Monday morning by An Post but haven't heard anything yet. Not checked in. Should I be concerned yet?

I'm removing their address from all my accounts online now so I don't accidentally send them another package again. The support is non existent. There's no email reply and the phone cuts you off after 5 minutes of music telling you to call back later as nobody is available. I've been using it for 4 years and had over 250 packages delivered but it has gone downhill massively now. Parcel Wizard are far more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

My last Parcel Motel delivery was not too bad.

Belfast Sat: 12:25
    Dublin Depot: Sat 15.35
    Dublin Locker: Mon 12.38

I'm not a big user of PM but from past experience I would have expected the packet to be in the locker on Sat night or Sunday.
    In 2016 I had a packet arrive at the Dublin depot on a Sat at 19.45 and it was in the locker at 21.53.

But that would be very good service, while delivery on Monday is still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Had 2 Parcels delivered into NI yesterday -confirmed.by tracking, and was with me this morning at my local motel in the Southeast. No complaints there.

While I find the service to be good overall; the delivery times just seem to be so random over the past few weeks. I have had packages ready to collect within 24hrs and others that have been sitting in the depot for 2 or 3 days before being delivered to local motel. I think they need to reconsider the 48 hour stay at motels; 24 hours should be the limit for collections and might cut down on some of these delays if they have to hold parcels due to lockers being full. I will continue to use the service but just not as much especially now coming up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm finally finished with PM. I have used them since they started and they were great hundreds of packages delivered over the years. The service has gone downhill since UPS bought them about a year ago. THey're got slower and slower and have started losing parcels on my even after they check in. Claiming they never got them but I show them the photo.

My parcel motel locker that I use is offline for past few days. It has no active screen so I can't collect anything. 2 packs have expired and they won't answer the phone. They have re delivered the packs back into the same broken locker so can't collect them again and I've no way contacting them.

In the mails I'm getting now it says I can now collect my parcel in Do Not Use where it should say Applegreen Killester. I'm being charged for all this and no way to solve it. Extremely annoyed and finished with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Had a parcel delivered to them yesterday morning but still hasn't shown in their system. First time that ever happened, has always been same day.

Edit - Showed up now but definitely slower than usual

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

same for me, very annoying, got 1 month free prime, and was delivered in 1 day to northern ireland from uk and sitting in the depot for last 2 days, and no sign of it being delivered, usually it gets into depot and next morning its there for me to collect, if its gonna be this slow ill start using a different service, def something changed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Had a 5 day wait from Depot to Box, there. That's the longest I've seen. I think I'll just get stuff delivered to the house from here until after Xmas, it's getting pretty ropey.

I've only ever used parcel motel for my amazon deliveries re free shipping and cos I worked so not at home

On maternity leave now so no major issue as I'll be at home...what are the other alternatives to parcel motel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

frogstar wrote: »
    I've only ever used parcel motel for my amazon deliveries re free shipping and cos I worked so not at home

On maternity leave now so no major issue as I'll be at home...what are the other alternatives to parcel motel?

DPD Parcel Wizard

iim waiting 4 days and still nothing, could be lockers are full? think ill do dpd next time, address pal is slow as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Mine not in locker either, now 3 full days since it was delivered to them in NI, usually in locker early next morning. I doubt the lockers are full as was slow to show up in their depot too. Much slower than usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

frogstar wrote: »

Parcel Wizard and Address Pal. I use the former now instead of PM. It's not as convenient on paper but with PM gone so bad it's a better service. They'll deliver to your house.

The latter is handy if places will only ship to mainland Britain and not the whole UK as the address is in England and not NI.

How does parcel motel work please,if I wanted to order something from England and they won't deliver to Ireland ,how do I get that item here .also what do I need to sign up.

Gonna ring in the morning. Joke 1 day delivery amazon and 4 days around ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

New motel opened in South Dublin, no message on the website nor twitter. Latest news is mid 2017. Expanding and yet falling apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I'm done with them too, totally unreliable service. My parcel was checked in to the depot but I had to wait 5 days after that. Their texts an emails are also not reliable anymore. It's such a pity, great while it lasted!

Mines 5 days now in the depot also. Rang yesterday said would be delivered today but didn't happen. They refunded me payment

Mines 5 days now in the depot also. Rang yesterday said would be delivered today but didn't happen. They refunded me payment

Reason for delay was a replacement of the parcelmotel box. And there's a big backlog. Maybe they reached a few of these boxes. Wish they'd tell u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I noticed the last time I picked something up at my Parcel Motel in Bray that it looked different. I don't think they did anything significant to the lockers themselves apart from them being a different colour, but the touch screen has been replaced with a smaller screen plus keyboard.

I remember the last time I had major problems with having something delivered to my PM (prior to this latest successful experience) the guy on the phone did mumble something about the delivery driver having problems with it. I wonder if that's the source of the problems? If so, it'd be better if they could just come clean and admit it and not go into hiding when people are having so many problems.

Advertisement