Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

I'll be avoiding them for the Christmas shopping this year. Too risky.

For such a big operation to not answer their phones is madness.

I wonder are they expecting brexit to finish them? They are not acting like a company that is worried about their reputation or service level right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

bluelamp wrote: »
    I'll be avoiding them for the Christmas shopping this year. Too risky.

For such a big operation to not answer their phones is madness.

I wonder are they expecting brexit to finish them? They are not acting like a company that is worried about their reputation or service level right now.

If that's the case they were mad to purchase the company in the first place. Although, they wouldn't be the first company to acquire another simply to kill off the competition.

Whatever they are at they're making a pretty good job of decimating the brand.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

GF had a parcel delivered to locker notification. Went to collect to be met with an error /not available at this time. Retured, same message. So its now past the 48 hour and still nothing. No reply to messages or twitter complaints. So the parcel is in limbo now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Am I imagining things or to larger packages get delivered faster? My small ones seem to take ages, I wonder are they having storage issues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

9:59 PM - 23 Oct 2018

They're tweeting people back late at night. Wonder has somebody grabbed the reigns or is it just more weirdness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Icbaby

If that's the case they were mad to purchase the company in the first place. Although, they wouldn't be the first company to acquire another simply to kill off the competition.

Whatever they are at they're making a pretty good job of decimating the brand.

It's now part of UPS so I would imagine that's the reason things are different.
    https://www.parcelmotel.com/news/item/ups-to-acquire-ireland-based-nightline-logistics-group/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Are they taking on extra staff for Christmas or what’s the story? Or are they in the process of closing down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Shn99 wrote: »
    Are they taking on extra staff for Christmas or what’s the story? Or are they in the process of closing down?

I too wondered were they in some sort of trouble? I got my problems sorted by going into the head office (The XL package location in Finglas). Still took 3 days later to get parcel. I've noticed a whack of activity around a few of the motels - maybe upgrading or changing things?

Anyways - stopping using it for anything urgent now. I can handle delays, but delays with no information or way to get information, not answering phones or emails - that is completely unforgivable. I even linkedin their general manager for Ireland - she didn't give a fúck either - no response. If it's like that at the top, no wonder it's a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,237 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Does anyone know what the story is with the extended liability? As I said last week I had a package delivered to them after sending it to the wrong address and not trusting them I took out the €500 cover. The package has disappeared and was never checked in despite being delivered and signed for by P MOTEL.

I can't handle another 20 minute wait on hold to find out if I'm still covered when the 2 weeks cover expires in a few days or if I need to keep purchasing it until they get back to me about my missing package.

Either way I'm expecting it to be a massive headache to get my compensation from them if they don't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Oat23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with the extended liability? As I said last week I had a package delivered to them after sending it to the wrong address and not trusting them I took out the €500 cover. The package has disappeared and was never checked in despite being delivered and signed for by P MOTEL.

I can't handle another 20 minute wait on hold to find out if I'm still covered when the 2 weeks cover expires in a few days or if I need to keep purchasing it until they get back to me about my missing package.

Either way I'm expecting it to be a massive headache to get my compensation from them if they don't find it.

Their twitter account seems to have awoken from its hibernation, did you try tweet them?

I'd assume the coverage is based on the delivery date to parcel motel, you shouldn't need to repurchase it. All that matters is you had the coverage before it was signed by them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Grayditch wrote: »
    Am I imagining things or to larger packages get delivered faster? My small ones seem to take ages, I wonder are they having storage issues too.

Same. Got 6 parcels checked in yesterday afternoon. 3 Large were stored this morning, other 3 are small and still in transit.

Have another 5 parcels which were checked in today, all large. Lets see how they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Parcel checked into Dublin depot yesterday, in my local motel in the SE today. Again no complaints.

gman2k wrote: »
    Parcel checked into Dublin depot yesterday, in my local motel in the SE today. Again no complaints.

Checked into dublin depot yesterday but when did it initially arrive in NI?

It was posted on Tuesday from the UK, was in Dublin Wednesday and in my hand Thursday morning.

It was posted on Tuesday from the UK, was in Dublin Wednesday and in my hand Thursday morning.

So one instance of normal service, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

I'm still waiting for my parcel from 18th a parcel from amazon 19th delivered yesterday maybe because it was small

spix wrote:
    So one instance of normal service, anyone else?

I know these threads are used by people to complain about the service, (and I have) it's also right to say when things are going well.
    Having said that, I wouldn't be using them from mid November onwards, and I personally believe that they must be considering whether they can provide the service post Brexit which is contributing to staffing issues and very poor service at times.
    The non answering of queries via phone and email is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

When using PM to forward on to another courier (Collect+) does it take up to a week or more to find it's destination?

I'm getting a 3rd Party link notification on my account, indicating they're in the process of/or passed it on to Collect+.

The vendor I'm returning to says there's no sign of it, without any tracking info (tracking info from Collect+ came as part of the original order and needed to be stuck onto the return - annoyingly I didn't take note of the number/barcode).

It landed in PM on the 9th. Not holding out much hope here.

This arrived fine anyway, even if a bit slow (for one item in particular).

That said, using PM to forward on to a 3rd party does seem very handy (and cheap). After using this method 3 times, I've become relatively confident in the service as means for outgoing deliveries.

Can hardly recall any issues or delays for incoming items. Probably lucky in terms of where I've been located.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

I know these threads are used by people to complain about the service, (and I have) it's also right to say when things are going well.
    Having said that, I wouldn't be using them from mid November onwards, and I personally believe that they must be considering whether they can provide the service post Brexit which is contributing to staffing issues and very poor service at times.
    The non answering of queries via phone and email is a disgrace.

Good point on mid-November - don't think it'd be worthwhile using the service, as they've experienced lengthy delays every year around this time.

I haven't had a huge amount of issues with PM overall, so I had little reason to call or e-mail, but from my experience (and maybe I've been lucky) they picked up on a number of calls I made to them and resolved issues.

As for email correspondence, this hasn't been great at all. It took time, but they did get around to replying eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Do they deliver to the PMs on Bank Holiday Mondays?

I've a package on it's way to the NI depot, looks like it'll not get delivered there until tomorrow. Would it get to Galway on Monday or delayed until Tuesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Nuphor

Was a bit alarmed after realising 4 packages from Amazon I ordered were going to PM this week (forgot to change default address). I’d known about this thread and the nose dive on Trust Pilot, but only realised after the things shipped.

All 4 arrived in sorting yesterday (Friday) after being ordered Thurs, and are in my PM in Waterford toda. So a regular enough series of events for at least some?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

ED E wrote: »

Pfft, Damage control more than anything that tweet is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

Had 3 packages arrive in Antrim on Friday and were ready to collect in Dublin yesterday so they seem to be back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭solidasarock

Got something Parcel Motel'd I expected on Thursday / Friday because no one would be home.

It arrived in their Dublin depot Thursday and hasn't moved since. I guess I am not getting it until Tuesday now?

Edit. Oh I see. They have **** the bed. Great!

Yeah. Ill be avoiding them for Christmas thats for sure. Ill deal with going up to the post office if no one is around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Do they deliver parcels to lockers on bank holiday Mondays?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

PM will probably rebrand to Amazon Lockers/ Access PointLockers due to UPS and Amazon connections. The ecommerce has ruined all courier companies now and giving huge workloads on drivers that are treated like dirt. Service level has droppped across the board here and going forward with UPS and amazon intergration this could work well for amazon and take a workload off the road service with UPS/Nightline which is croppling at the heels now and they cant get drivers due to reputational issues,hours of work and pay..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 468 ✭✭TetraSonic55

doylefe wrote: »
    Do they deliver parcels to lockers on bank holiday Mondays?

To my knowledge, they don't deliver on bank holidays

The last two times I've used PM this month, it's taken a day from delivery in NI for it to be "checked in" and a further day for it get to my local Dublin PM.

Have a package that should be getting to them in NI on Tuesday, will be interesting to see if anything has improved.

(For reference, each time it was delivered to PM in NI it was either late morning or very early afternoon. Previously this would have resulted in being scanned in Dublin AND delivered to my local locker same day, not over 48 hours later)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

jimmynokia wrote: »
    PM will probably rebrand to Amazon Lockers/ Access PointLockers due to UPS and Amazon connections. The ecommerce has ruined all courier companies now and giving huge workloads on drivers that are treated like dirt. Service level has droppped across the board here and going forward with UPS and amazon intergration this could work well for amazon and take a workload off the road service with UPS/Nightline which is croppling at the heels now and they cant get drivers due to reputational issues,hours of work and pay..

I don't work in the industry but surely the rise in ecommerce is a modern day gold rush for these companies? Someone has to be making money?

Advertisement