Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

BoneIdol wrote: »
    I don't work in the industry but surely the rise in ecommerce is a modern day gold rush for these companies? Someone has to be making money?

Not anymore. What was making it spinner was the offer to send returns back.Now its costing money for companies offering returns free. Due to the rise in ecommerce sales the retruns model is not working like before so only choice is charge for returns or drop the drop off points for similar set ups.

Parcel motel is going to be rightly fcuked this year due to the lack of staff and drivers available alonside the courier industry in genreal due to treatment of staff and the money they pay a driver to do a delivery which is between 1 and 2 euro. All this is thanks to ecommerce and the courier industry is on its knees now begging for drivers to work for 500 euro a week with their own van... B2B is now not the main objective of such companies where its now mainly B2C drivers spending hours in housing estates and in the country driving 10-20k for 2 fcukin euro.. NOT GONNA HAPPEN...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Had two packages en-route from two different vendors. one was due to hit PM NI on Sun and the other on Mon.

One hit PM NI in the early hours of Sun morning and the 2nd arrived in PM NI at lunch time Sun.

Both were checked in and photographed in Dublin @ 7.00pm Sun night followed by confirmation emails.

Both were in my Galway locker first thing this morning.

Well pleased with that service.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Had two packages en-route from two different vendors. one was due to hit PM NI on Sun and the other on Mon.

One hit PM NI in the early hours of Sun morning and the 2nd arrived in PM NI at lunch time Sun.

Both were checked in and photographed in Dublin @ 7.00pm Sun night followed by confirmation emails.

Both were in my Galway locker first thing this morning.

Well pleased with that service.

Not fair!
    I had a package delivered to PM NI Friday lunchtime and only got the Dublin check-in notification today (Monday) lunchtime. Hope to have it in my Galway locker tomorrow.

Not fair!
    I had a package delivered to PM NI Friday lunchtime and only got the Dublin check-in notification today (Monday) lunchtime. Hope to have it in my Galway locker tomorrow.

Did you mean check-in notification Dublin today Tuesday?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Did you mean check-in notification Dublin today Tuesday?

Sorry, yes today is Tuesday and it was checked in at the Dublin depot today. Bank Holidays confuse me!

• Advertisement

Sorry, yes today is Tuesday and it was checked in at the Dublin depot today. Bank Holidays confuse me!

So, either they don't operate on a rotational basis or could it have been a locker size or room in the van I wonder?

My 2 items were very small

1x Hard drive

1x SSD

Both would have been swimming in a small locker. It's a pity they don't consolidate but I guess it would be way too hard to police.

And by the way, Bank Holidays confuse me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Plasmoid

In the same boat as others. Package arrived up north on Friday and another on Saturday, no updates since.

They've been pretty quick up until recently, so not too annoyed.

Plasmoid wrote: »
    In the same boat as others. Package arrived up north on Friday and another on Saturday, no updates since.

They've been pretty quick up until recently, so not too annoyed.

I wonder if the size of package & destination location has anything to do with delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

No issues here 20 parcels last week all stored same night. In fact one delivered to them yesterday morning was stored at 11pm on a bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

I Am having a lot of bother with pm recently. Last 2 packages were delivered to a super valu shop instead of the locker and I Got No notification of this. The parcels were for work and the person sending them was able to log in and see they were delivered but I could see nothing on my side. Got fed up emailing asking why I was never told of delivery and just gave up in the end.

I have another eBay package going to pm NI. Seller is saying it was delivered there on Thursday but I haven't heard anything yet. Should I get notification if the package is in NI and will be sent on to me? I appreciate that it won't be delivered straight away but I am just concerned that it will be delivered again and I won't be told.

• Advertisement

duffysfarm wrote: »
    I Am having a lot of bother with pm recently. Last 2 packages were delivered to a super valu shop instead of the locker and I Got No notification of this. The parcels were for work and the person sending them was able to log in and see they were delivered but I could see nothing on my side. Got fed up emailing asking why I was never told of delivery and just gave up in the end.

I have another eBay package going to pm NI. Seller is saying it was delivered there on Thursday but I haven't heard anything yet. Should I get notification if the package is in NI and will be sent on to me? I appreciate that it won't be delivered straight away but I am just concerned that it will be delivered again and I won't be told.

PM notification only happens when the package is checked in at Dublin.

The only way to see when it hits PM NI is if the source you purchased from offers tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

Has anyone gone to their depot to try collect parcel? The lack of communication from them is infuriating 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Jem123 wrote: »
    Has anyone gone to their depot to try collect parcel? The lack of communication from them is infuriating 😖

No issue collecting at depot once I have text with PIN. I've two parcels since 23rd Oct in Dublin and radio silence from them. Two parcels delivered since that arrived in Dublin on 26oct...doesnt make sense.

No longer will use them now after years of absolutely no issues whatsoever. At least 10 recent parcels have been delayed

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Popped over to Tallaght collection point twice today. Blank screen. I expect a reminder soon to collect my parcel. I would love to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

mewso wrote: »
    Popped over to Tallaght collection point twice today. Blank screen. I expect a reminder soon to collect my parcel. I would love to.

Maybe you should test out how secure the lockers really are...for curiosity sake and seeing as your property is locked inside :D

Edit - Already done, not very secure I guess https://www.thejournal.ie/parcel-motel-robbery-dublin-3605354-Sep2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

frogstar wrote: »
    No issue collecting at depot once I have text with PIN. I've two parcels since 23rd Oct in Dublin and radio silence from them. Two parcels delivered since that arrived in Dublin on 26oct...doesnt make sense.

No longer will use them now after years of absolutely no issues whatsoever. At least 10 recent parcels have been delayed

I was thinking of going to their hq in finglas seeing as I’ve heard nothing since getting my picture Sunday morning. Now it’s lost apparently. Does the €100 liability cap apply when it’s clear they did have the parcel? Definitely finished with them now. 😡

I wonder if the size of package & destination location has anything to do with delays?

Picked mine up today, smallest locker just like yours, but days later :(

Picked mine up today, smallest locker just like yours, but days later :(

Glad you got sorted.

I won't be using them this side of Christmas, I'm all done for 2018 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭kalych

Same issue here. Package checked into the Dublin Depot at 7.17pm Friday, no word since. Good thing is it's only a €4 cable that i've since found a replacement for anyway, so probably the best package to go missing.

Time to try alternatives methinks. How's ParcelWizard in comparison?

I'm really not one to advocate this behaviour at all but those having issues would you tweet liveline or something similar? I've seen a few tweets woth liveline tweeted. Might give them a kick up the arse.

A girl has also tweeted that another person's parcel was attached to hers and she is getting no response.

I'm still waiting on two parcels since 23 oct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

kalych wrote: »
    [...]

Time to try alternatives methinks. How's ParcelWizard in comparison?

Never let me down. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭kalych

joujoujou wrote: »
    Never let me down. :)

Even during the Christmas period? Honest question.

Not directed at me but I had no issues last Christmas with them... Now is a different story.

I see they are looking for Drivers and customer service staff over the Xmas period

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Parcelwizard are pretty stable around Christmas, will be interesting to see how they deal with the increased demand though if ParcelMotel users switchover in bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Christmas period went as normal. I remember I asked then "my" driver how they're getting on during that busy time and he said he has his normal area split, he got 1/2 and another driver took another 1/2 of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DashHXQ

So I have had a parcel delivered earlier today in NI (around lunchtime) and I still haven't got a check in email from Parcel Motel altho tracking says "Delivered", and I've heard you only get check in emails when it's checked in the Dublin depot, so I was wondering if it's true or I was actually meant to get an email from PM once it was delivered?

DashHXQ wrote: »
    So I have had a parcel delivered earlier today in NI (around lunchtime) and I still haven't got a check in email from Parcel Motel altho tracking says "Delivered", and I've heard you only get check in emails when it's checked in the Dublin depot, so I was wondering if it's true or I was actually meant to get an email from PM once it was delivered?

Correct, you get the notification only when it's checked in at Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Came across this thread by accident but Im intrigued. Not PM but went to finglas depot this morning to collect a package send from Nightline Limerick yesterday. Arrived in Dublin depot at 1am, took me an hour of wrangling and messing with staff at 11 am to pick it up.
    I ended up being told in collection area to call customer care to organise moving it from the floor to a collection area. Took me 15 minutes on hold to get someone on the phone to do it. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DashHXQ

So my parcel was delivered up in Antrim yesterday at 14:30, can I expected to be stored in my locker sometime today? or at least make it to the Dublin depot and get checked in?
    And do you think if I had it delivered a motel that's less busy I can avoid delays in case one of them is busy cos people aren't collecting their packages?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DashHXQ wrote: »
    So my parcel was delivered up in Antrim yesterday at 14:30, can I expected to be stored in my locker sometime today? or at least make it to the Dublin depot and get checked in?
    And do you think if I had it delivered a motel that's less busy I can avoid delays in case one of them is busy cos people aren't collecting their packages?

Have a look back over a couple of pages of posts to see just how unpredictable PM have become. I don’t think anyone here can tell you definitively.

Advertisement