Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I didn't use PM for over a year as I had such a bad experience with their Custom Service. They lost a package on me and it took over a month to resolve.

So foolishly tried them again this week to see if things improved. Short answer is no, it's still a terrible service.

I had two packages delivered to them this week. One on Tuesday and the other on Wednesday. The Tuesday package showed up in the locker on Thursday but no sign of the other one yet. They have charged me twice for the second package also.

I emailed them on Thursday and they never replied. Telephoned customer service a few time Thursday but the message is "no one available, try later" and cut off.

My own fault for trying them again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They asked me to review their customer service on the last ticket incident, despite not responding to the ticket.

That's some balls on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

Grayditch wrote: »
    They asked me to review their customer service on the last ticket incident, despite not responding to the ticket.

That's some balls on them.

Same here, comical stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

John smith(PM2234567)
    Nightline
    1A McKinney Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY PM687210, Co Antrim BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

That's how I've got my address on eBay and amazon, my pm in 2 different spots and I've never lost a parcel. Pm them is a waste of time I ring them and they are very helpful. 076 888 6677

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jackbauer

I can't get any tracking from them for a package I shipped to the uk over a week ago. No response to emails and guy on the phone can't track the package in the uk. Does anyone know who they use in the uk for deliveries? thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

posted in another forum, might already be known
    Ted Plain wrote: »

So, I wanted to have something delivered to the Parcel Motel in the Texaco in Cornelscourt and noticed that it's no longer there.

Here's the reason.

"After the submission of the eight planning enforcement enquiries for facilities in Stillorgan, Sandyford, Deansgrange, Blackrock, Ballybrack, Rathfarnham and Cornelscourt, a warning notice was issued on 26 May 2017 by the council."

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dunne_bkill

Had a 3.5kg parcel delivered to Parcel Motel up the north at approximately 1pm today. How long does it generally take for them to notify me that they got the package? Haven't heard anything from them yet...

Also, how long is it taking for them to deliver to local Parcel Motels these days?

The parcel has come a long way already and it says a lot that the most worrying part is whether or not parcel motel will actually get it to me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Same advice as I gave a poster 8 posts back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Had a 3.5kg parcel delivered to Parcel Motel up the north at approximately 1pm today. How long does it generally take for them to notify me that they got the package? Haven't heard anything from them yet...

Also, how long is it taking for them to deliver to local Parcel Motels these days?

The parcel has come a long way already and it says a lot that the most worrying part is whether or not parcel motel will actually get it to me.

It used to be always same day, now its completely random

• Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I've used PM for a few years and had no issues until September.
    Communication was dreadful, no response to emails, phone number not in service etc...
    Was gonna come on and have a vent then I decided against it.
    We can all be quick to criticise but slow to praise sometimes.
    I seriously considered not using it again.

I placed an order last week. Decided to take a chance once more with PM.
    The product arrived in Belfast @13.47 yesterday afternoon.
    Dublin depot 18.29 and 23.31@ my local depot-midlands.

I couldn't fault that and fingers crossed they've sorted out their issues from before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Saw this in the check in email today:
    WANT TO EARN SOME EXTRA CASH FOR CHRISTMAS?

We're looking for helpers to take us through the busy Christmas shopping season. With a variety of roles available including Drivers, Driver Helpers, Customer Service and Warehouse Operatives, it might be just what you're looking for. If you're interested in any of these roles, please email your CV to HR@parcelmotel.com stating which role you wih to apply for and which dates/times you're available.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

3 parcels delivered this week all in the locker within 24 hours of delivery to NI. One parcel was even missing my PMID and was delivered with no delay! Good job PM

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Dazzy wrote: »
    I didn't use PM for over a year as I had such a bad experience with their Custom Service. They lost a package on me and it took over a month to resolve.

So foolishly tried them again this week to see if things improved. Short answer is no, it's still a terrible service.

I had two packages delivered to them this week. One on Tuesday and the other on Wednesday. The Tuesday package showed up in the locker on Thursday but no sign of the other one yet. They have charged me twice for the second package also.

I emailed them on Thursday and they never replied. Telephoned customer service a few time Thursday but the message is "no one available, try later" and cut off.

8 days later, multiple emails and calls and still no sign of my package. They asked me for the invoice yesterday so I reckon they lost this package also. That's 2 out of 5 lost. This one was over the €100 limit so I'm going to be out of pocket :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

8 days later, multiple emails and calls and still no sign of my package. They asked me for the invoice yesterday so I reckon they lost this package also. That's 2 out of 5 lost. This one was over the €100 limit so I'm going to be out of pocket :-(
    The sooner they’re shut down the better. Parcel wizard is an excellent service tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Tried parcel wizard for the first time as was fed up of motel and looks like theyve lost my parcel!

Diff is they are responding straight away on twitter DM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Anyone have any experience with home delivery from them?

I got a parcel which turned out to be oversize (thanks, Amazon— I know the item isn't, so god knows what kind of box they've put it into), which has ended up costing me €15 now. That's €7 when they took it into the depot, and €8 when I scheduled home delivery last night (too busy to trek out to the airport to collect it). It's been marked as "outbound" since 11am this morning.

Will it definitely come today? Do they call you before they deliver? Offer any kind of time? Have I to sit by the phone/door all day?

They must know people primarily use PM because they hate sitting around waiting for deliveries, so could they not make a better hand of communicating delivery information to their customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with home delivery from them?

I got a parcel which turned out to be oversize (thanks, Amazon— I know the item isn't, so god knows what kind of box they've put it into), which has ended up costing me €15 now. That's €7 when they took it into the depot, and €8 when I scheduled home delivery last night (too busy to trek out to the airport to collect it). It's been marked as "outbound" since 11am this morning.

Will it definitely come today? Do they call you before they deliver? Offer any kind of time? Have I to sit by the phone/door all day?

They must know people primarily use PM because they hate sitting around waiting for deliveries, so could they not make a better hand of communicating delivery information to their customers?

You'll probably find that PM hit you with a €3.95 locker charge too. total could be €18.95 in reality.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

You'll probably find that PM hit you with a €3.95 locker charge too. total could be €18.95 in reality.

Don't seem to have done, going by my history! There is a €3.95 charge, but that's for a second parcel which was stored last night. I will go collect it if they ever bring this one here and I feel I can leave the damn house. :rolleyes:

As it happened, I was just 50c short of credit for the delivery fee. Annoyingly, they don't allow top-ups of less than a tenner, so I had to add a card. I was impressed to discover that they took the money out of my balance first and only took what was still owing off the card, though. I'll be removing it as soon as this damn parcel is delivered, leaving the account empty until I'll be using it again in the Spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Have also been double charged for parcels, never got an explanation from customer services and gave up trying to get one.

Been using parcel motel a couple of years, never had a major problem, although a tiny package did go missing and then get delivered months later .

Been using parcel wizard lately and must say it's a great service, it's great that once the parcel lands with them you can redirect the address, say between home or work or arrange for a particular delivery day, and then on the day you get a 1 hour delivery window which helps a lot.

It's a pity the An Post offering is so expensive in comparison, delivery to mainland UK is good, but then to have to pay extra for home delivery vs depot collection when dpd manages home delivery for free, just makes no sense. Would be good for me if An Post did this as then they could stick it in the DeliveryBox that i got from them. Would definetly make them my first preference for parcel forwarders, until then it's parcel wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tails142 wrote: »
    It's a pity the An Post offering is so expensive in comparison, delivery to mainland UK is good, but then to have to pay extra for home delivery vs depot collection when dpd manages home delivery for free, just makes no sense. Would be good for me if An Post did this as then they could stick it in the DeliveryBox that i got from them. Would definetly make them my first preference for parcel forwarders, until then it's parcel wizard.

Part of that is being mainland UK.

With the others Royal Mail is subsidising transport costs across the Irish Sea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I have ran into problems the last two weeks an parcel motel are partially to blame and the shippers so my advice is to ring them and check if you have no tracking number..
    This happened 6 parcels which i now got..
    Senders not putting the full information on package is one big issue so I rang up. First time they said there was nothing there so I rang back later that day and got a different person and they suddenly found 6 parcels belong to me so it depends who you get and who is bothered to do their job correctly.

I can really see it going t1ts up this year for them with staffing issues and can understand why. UPS now who own nightline are buckling at the knees because they cant get staff or driver because nobody knows what is going on with the transition and staff are in limbo, Drivers walking out every day and same for office staff.. As i mentioned before the pay is terrible and they have got such a bed reputation now nobody will go near them.
    UPS no better they are not geared up to the volume of nightline and run a different business model and i can see parcel motel changing as i said before to suit amazon as this has now effected UPS in general with regards to volume.

Both UPS and Nighline crying out for drivers now and they will throw you out after the January sales so this is part of the problem.

Despite being marked as "outbound" for home delivery yesterday, package was not delivered. Phone isn't being answered. I have no clue what happens next— Will it be out tomorrow? Will there be any update on the website to let me know? Do they give any information on delivery time?

Would appreciate any information anyone has on this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Despite being marked as "outbound" for home delivery yesterday, package was not delivered. Phone isn't being answered. I have no clue what happens next— Will it be out tomorrow? Will there be any update on the website to let me know? Do they give any information on delivery time?

Would appreciate any information anyone has on this issue.

My experience with outbound means it has left Parcel Motel's depot to go to Nightlines main depot.

I had outbound on Wednesday night, Thursday marked as received in Nightlines Depot and was out for delivery in Dublin on Friday. I received an email notifying that it was out for delivery and a 2 hour delivery window.

My experience with outbound means it has left Parcel Motel's depot to go to Nightlines main depot.

I had outbound on Wednesday night, Thursday marked as received in Nightlines Depot and was out for delivery in Dublin on Friday. I received an email notifying that it was out for delivery and a 2 hour delivery window.

Recently marked as "Hub In", so I suspect it's going to go the same way for me.

Thanks so much for the info; I really appreciate it. A two-hour window is more than sufficient, so should be able to work with that. Cheers!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jimmynokia wrote: »
    I have ran into problems the last two weeks an parcel motel are partially to blame and the shippers so my advice is to ring them and check if you have no tracking number..
    Senders not putting the full information on package is one big issue so I rang up. First time they said there was nothing there so I rang back later that day and got a different person and they suddenly found 6 parcels belong to me so it depends who you get and who is bothered to do their job correctly.

I can really see it going t1ts up this year for them with staffing issues and can understand why. UPS now who own nightline are buckling at the knees because they cant get staff or driver because nobody knows what is going on with the transition and staff are in limbo, Drivers walking out every day and same for office staff.. As i mentioned before the pay is terrible and they have got such a bed reputation now nobody will go near them.
    UPS no better they are not geared up to the volume of nightline and run a different business model and i can see parcel motel changing as i said before to suit amazon as this has now effected UPS in general with regards to volume.

Both UPS and Nighline crying out for drivers now and they will throw you out after the January sales so this is part of the problem.

The problem is the uneasy marriage of a highly organised, rule driven organisation with one that seemed to give up completely once it got too big. The home deliveries are still causing big problems to the industry, partly because consumers think free delivery is actually free and doesn't need to be paid for somewhere along the line. Consumers, in a lot of cases, aren't home to take delivery and hope against hope that it won't be delivered until after 5pm. Drivers won't get paid to do a second run, margins are tight enough as it is.
    UPS are not doing Nightline work, and nor should they. Nightline are constantly looking for staff and drivers according to their website.

Drivers are in big demand for the last 2/3 years. FYI, UPS send their own drivers to the UK for a week to be trained and shown how to do the job by instructors. Not likely to dump them after a few weeks after that sort of investment.

As of this morning, there was a new message saying "Dublin E-Com", but no further information and no email or text, so I called them. Apparently, it is scheduled for delivery this afternoon, but they can't guarantee it, and if it doesn't come today then it will be tomorrow, and they will only try to make contact if they can't reach me with the bell.

So no delivery window for me, it seems. Just more sitting like a dog waiting for the doorbell like I've been doing all morning. :(

All this has done is remind me how much I absolutely loathe home deliveries. The necessity of one is not PM's fault, but the fact that they handle it just as badly as every other delivery company means this will be my last if I can help it. Won't be ordering anything bigger than a teacup from Amazon in the future!

whiterebel wrote: »

The problem is the uneasy marriage of a highly organised, rule driven organisation with one that seemed to give up completely once it got too big. The home deliveries are still causing big problems to the industry, partly because consumers think free delivery is actually free and doesn't need to be paid for somewhere along the line. Consumers, in a lot of cases, aren't home to take delivery and hope against hope that it won't be delivered until after 5pm. Drivers won't get paid to do a second run, margins are tight enough as it is.
    UPS are not doing Nightline work, and nor should they. Nightline are constantly looking for staff and drivers according to their website.

Drivers are in big demand for the last 2/3 years. FYI, UPS send their own drivers to the UK for a week to be trained and shown how to do the job by instructors. Not likely to dump them after a few weeks after that sort of investment.

UPS and Nightline doing each others work actually and as for the uk trip for training I know several drivers who walked out and came home it's another dictatorship operation. You might see the parcel motel vans... Here's a good one they are on an app and can't go deliver one parcel after another and left sitting in van. I've often seen my regular guy sat at top of road and asked him and he showed me. Stupid set up. Both companies are operating like headless chickens.

Here's a good one they are on an app and can't go deliver one parcel after another and left sitting in van. I've often seen my regular guy sat at top of road and asked him and he showed me. Stupid set up. Both companies are operating like headless chickens.

I've no idea what you are trying to say there. UPS have highly trained drivers, and as I said are operating from a strict set of rules. Thats probably why you don't see so many threads about UPS drivers throwing parcels over walls in the rain, or leaving them in bins. Nightline drivers don't seem to get that kind of training, and it shows. A lot of drivers wouldn't fancy the rigid structure that UPS have in place, and that's where Nightline and Fastway work for some, whereas others would be driven bonkers with the lack of rules, or of good standards.

Here's a good one they are on an app and can't go deliver one parcel after another and left sitting in van. I've often seen my regular guy sat at top of road and asked him and he showed me. Stupid set up. Both companies are operating like headless chickens.

I've no idea what you are trying to say there. UPS have highly trained drivers, and as I said are operating from a strict set of rules. Thats probably why you don't see so many threads about UPS drivers throwing parcels over walls in the rain, or leaving them in bins. Nightline drivers don't seem to get that kind of training, and it shows. A lot of drivers wouldn't fancy the rigid structure that UPS have in place, and that's where Nightline and Fastway work for some, whereas others would be driven bonkers with the lack of rules, or of good standards.

Put it t hi is way. I was in the industry 25 years and some do things better than others. Ups are taking anyone that can drive a car these days.. Anyone.. That's some high standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Strict you say, professional you say. riiiiggghtt :D

Advertisement