Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Strict you say, professional you say. riiiiggghtt :D

Talking about UPS in Ireland, and you show a video in the US? That's relevant. UPS would have that guy fired immediately, but to be honest, looking at his demeanour, it doesn't look like he would give a monumental anyway. You do realise UPS have 450,000+ staff? Also videos around for Fedex doing the same - this time in Northern Ireland. All companies will have bad examples.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Put it t hi is way. I was in the industry 25 years and some do things better than others. Ups are taking anyone that can drive a car these days.. Anyone.. That's some high standard.

No they are not. You are literally making it up as you go along. You seem to be mixing up Nightline and UPS, and when challenged about your statement about an app, point to 25 years and veer off in another direction. I'll see your 25 years and raise you another 10 years, and tell you that they are out on their own with background checks and training for employees. TNT brilliant as well but don't send their drivers to the UK for training, they are put into the vehicle with another experienced driver. At least that what happened before FedEx bought them over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

whiterebel wrote: »
    Talking about UPS in Ireland, and you show a video in the US? That's relevant. UPS would have that guy fired immediately, but to be honest, looking at his demeanour, it doesn't look like he would give a monumental anyway. You do realise UPS have 450,000+ staff? Also videos around for Fedex doing the same - this time in Northern Ireland. All companies will have bad examples.

You were talking about UPS as a whole in your comment and most likely there policies don't differ from one location to another. There are plenty more similar videos on youtube for your perusal I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find one in Ireland.

You were talking about UPS as a whole in your comment and most likely there policies don't differ from one location to another. There are plenty more similar videos on youtube for your perusal I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find one in Ireland.

No, I talk about I Ireland, because thats what I know about. This whole thread is about PM, and lately UPS in Ireland. Not about the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

I used parcel motel a lot in the past and gave up unless no other choices due to the fact I had to wait about 6 weeks with no real help for a parcel.

Recently I’ve used them a lot as eBay sellers seem to be leaning more towards uk only or giving really high shipping prices to here.

Anyway I’ve found them to be a bit of fresh air, a lot smoother than in the past so far. Still not that speedy but nothing missing. Seem to like giv No photos of corners of boxes though.

I haven’t had t contact their cos recently, and would probably have the fear if I did but can’t complain about the service from the last couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

whiterebel wrote: »

No, I talk about I Ireland, because thats what I know about. This whole thread is about PM, and lately UPS in Ireland. Not about the US.

Same theory applies here and anywhere you must ne lucky enough not to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Hi,

How is this possible? I went to collect a package today, and the package in the container had been ripped open and items were missing. The package had to either have been placed into the container like this by the parcel motel delivery man or someone can access the container illegally?

I am awaiting parcel motels response on this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Hi,

How is this possible? I went to collect a package today, and the package in the container had been ripped open and items were missing. The package had to either have been placed into the container like this by the parcel motel delivery man or someone can access the container illegally?

I am awaiting parcel motels response on this
    Locks seize up or just don't work hope you took a photo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Locks seize up or just don't work hope you took a photo

The container was definately locked and only opened when I entered my details. I have a photo of the opened package

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Wow got the quickest delivery ever - parcel delivered to Newtownabbey at 12.11pm, checked in Dublin at 1.45pm and was stored in my locker in South Dublin at 2.50pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

dan786 wrote: »
    Wow got the quickest delivery ever - parcel delivered to Newtownabbey at 12.11pm, checked in Dublin at 1.45pm and was stored in my locker in South Dublin at 2.50pm.

The joys of living close to the depot

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That's still fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Post on reddit this afternoon from someone claiming to work for Parcel Motel and that there is rumours of a strike in the depot around Black Friday due to pay and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭bren2001

Cazale wrote: »
    Post on reddit this afternoon from someone claiming to work for Parcel Motel and that there is rumours of a strike in the depot around Black Friday due to pay and conditions.

Well they would have to ballot and issue strike notice by tomorrow [or Monday to strike the Monday after Black Friday].

• Registered Users Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭bren2001

ED E wrote: »

That's all well and good reading a random person on Reddit. It may well happen. If it is to happen, they have to give no less than a weeks notice i.e. everyone will know on Black Friday if there is a strike within the next 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Ordered a parcel yesterday, arrived in Newtownabbey this morning around 6am and now here in Dublin depot just got a notification now. Hopefully it will be in the locker by tonight

bren2001 wrote: »
    That's all well and good reading a random person on Reddit. It may well happen. If it is to happen, they have to give no less than a weeks notice i.e. everyone will know on Black Friday if there is a strike within the next 7 days.

Taking his comments as they are it would seem that union influence in the shop is quite low. That being the case they may perform a rogue strike/go-slow/whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

ED E wrote: »
    That being the case they may perform a rogue strike/go-slow/whatever.

Wouldnt be surprised, they probably know they can get away with it without being fired as it would cripple PM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Last 2 packages arrived in depot on Monday afternoon and they only got to the lockers an hour ago.

I have an oversized package in the depot for collection since Monday too, I range twice asking for the pin to collect it, they said they would send out the pin twice and still nothing. Once Tuesday night and again last night.

Starting to get bad but at least they're answering the phones gain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Parcel was stored earlier this morning got it collected as well.

From their email looks like they are looking for extra workers for this busy season. Hope everyone receives their parcels on time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I spoke to a PM/Nightline employee today at the local depot and mentioned the strike threat thing, says it's the first he'd heard about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

gman2k wrote: »
    I spoke to a PM/Nightline employee today at the local depot and mentioned the strike threat thing, says it's the first he'd heard about it!

If the individual that originally put that out there does actually work for PM, he\she is probably nothing more than a disgruntled employee on a solo mission to do damage to the sale period.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Had 2 normal speed deliveries, back to being slow again now. Very inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

About 2 weeks ago the other half got a text to say a parcel was ready for collection, great as she was expecting one.
    Upon collection it turned out this parcel was for somebody else, Parcel Motel had put the wrong PMID on it.
    Several emails later to customer services Parcel Motel still haven't replied so we have a parcel we don't want, the real customer is still waiting and we are out the delivery charge.
    Any ideas as to our next move???

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

dusty207 wrote: »
    About 2 weeks ago the other half got a text to say a parcel was ready for collection, great as she was expecting one.
    Upon collection it turned out this parcel was for somebody else, Parcel Motel had put the wrong PMID on it.
    Several emails later to customer services Parcel Motel still haven't replied so we have a parcel we don't want, the real customer is still waiting and we are out the delivery charge.
    Any ideas as to our next move???

I had a parcel lost (so the other side of your story haha) with a similar thing. It took 8 weeks for them to refund me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Its such a shame, they provide a great service when nothing goes wrong, but as soon as something goes wrong, the wheels fall off the cart and the whole thing is a shambles.

Ive stopped using them except when necessary because their customer service is so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Did you try them on Twitter? They seem to be pretty active. ParcelMotel on twitter

PM has been falling apart for the last couple months. Id give up trying to get in touch and just stop using them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

Did you try them on Twitter? They seem to be pretty active. ParcelMotel on twitter

Nope, don't use twitter, thought their support email might work.
    And, guess what, about an hour after I started this thread I got an email in response to my last email 4 days ago.
    Co-incidence?
    I've replied so let's see what ensues.

Advertisement