Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

Okay, got refund and a label to stick on the parcel to return to the Motel.
    Power to Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Right 415 parcels through PM till date not a single issue till now. There was a parcel checked in and in transit since 23rd , while every other parcel delivered after including ones from yesterday have already been delivered. PM Cus Support is non existent, no reply on Facebook or Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

So my friend was shipping a parcel from Germany to my Parcel Motel in NI. He put the entire address down correct, except he said Ireland at the bottom. Will this affect it arriving at parcel motel? Tracking number says packages will be handed over to An Post which is for Ireland not NI so a bit worried about that :( anybody know?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

So my friend was shipping a parcel from Germany to my Parcel Motel in NI. He put the entire address down correct, except he said Ireland at the bottom. Will this affect it arriving at parcel motel? Tracking number says packages will be handed over to An Post which is for Ireland not NI so a bit worried about that :( anybody know?

Thanks

An Post will send it to Royal Mail. Will be delayed by a day or two but nothing major.

I've had a lot of letters addressed to Dublin UK thanks to Americans who think they know my address better than me

An Post will send it to Royal Mail. Will be delayed by a day or two but nothing major.

I've had a lot of letters addressed to Dublin UK thanks to Americans who think they know my address better than me

Thank you! I was getting worried about it because it’s not very cheap haha. Didn’t know they could send it to Royal Mail but that has just settled my nerves!

Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

So my friend was shipping a parcel from Germany to my Parcel Motel in NI. He put the entire address down correct, except he said Ireland at the bottom. Will this affect it arriving at parcel motel? Tracking number says packages will be handed over to An Post which is for Ireland not NI so a bit worried about that anybody know?

The last time I had an issue I actually rang them and they even answered! Got sorted straight away. YMMV

gman2k wrote: »
    The last time I had an issue I actually rang them and they even answered! Got sorted straight away. YMMV

You rang An Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

You rang An Post?

Eh, no , PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Have 2 parcels stuck in Dublin depot 2 days longer than they should be, was hoping to see them ready for collection this morning but no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...]

Are you sure? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

joujoujou wrote: »
    Are you sure? ;)

What?!

New message in parcel motel checkin email

"*Please allow 2-3 days for your parcel to be delivered to your Parcel Motel during the month of December."

If Saturday counts as a day then it should say 3-4

I wonder if these delays are being caused by their system not being able to put 'standard' size packages inside spare bigger lockers or consolidating several peoples items into 1 locker. I have 3 items in the depot now and they'd likely all fit inside 1 standard locker, will probably end up having to collect them all on separate days though.

And if the problem is no space in the lockers there should be a way for people to check how busy a certain locker is so they can change to a different one in their area. I have 4 in relatively close proximity but don't know if it would be better or worse to change which one my stuff gets put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Hey I need to return an item to amazon I presume its the royal mail option for return is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

mightyreds wrote: »
    Hey I need to return an item to amazon I presume its the royal mail option for return is it ?

It is yeah, but have you asked Amazon about a returns label from Ireland?

Even if they aren't able to give you one, get it in writing that they will refund you the shipping if you pay yourself in AnPost.

This inconsistency with parcel motel is really frustrating, not just the delays. Everything used to be like clockwork and predictable.

Now I have one parcel in the locker since yesterday, another 2 in the depot. They were delivered to parcel motel less than 24hrs after the parcel currently in the locker so assumed they'd show up in the locker today and could collect all at once. No luck, and just got the warning message from parcel motel than my other one is going to expire soon. Guess I'll have to do multiple trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Davy wrote: »
    It is yeah, but have you asked Amazon about a returns label from Ireland?

Even if they aren't able to give you one, get it in writing that they will refund you the shipping if you pay yourself in AnPost.

Tried to get a An post label today but they couldn't give me one stuck it in the parcel motel locker to royal mail was only 3:50 so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Call/email PM, my item was stolen, see my other threads. PM were very quick to act to refund me fully.

Not sure what's going on but they must have some right idiots working for them. Some staff are letting them down as I have used them for years and been reliable until the theft.
    May use an alternative service though now.

Another strange thing happened. Had 2 parcels waiting to be put in lockers. The one that's been sitting in depot for 3 days still not in a locker but the more recent one is. They're both the same size, you'd think they'd put them in in order of arrival date. The parcel not in the locker is far more expensive than the one they put in, hopefully its not lost/stolen.

• Advertisement

Thu 29 Nov 14:48 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Sat 1 Dec 15:22 Parcel Motel Parcel stored

Sat 1 Dec 13:12 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Sun 2 Dec 22:03 Parcel Motel Parcel stored

Here's the problem parcel, was actually updated this morning with something I never seen before

Time Location Event
    Fri 30 Nov 13:08 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Mon 3 Dec 9:24 Dublin Package left depot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Mod: Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Have they gotten rid of the QR codes on the website? Was very handy to have the code on the screen so you could retrieve your parcel with no numbers.

god's toy wrote: »
    Have they gotten rid of the QR codes on the website? Was very handy to have the code on the screen so you could retrieve your parcel with no numbers.

Nope just used it 20 mins ago. Has to be the desktop version of the site I think you use on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Nope just used it 20 mins ago. Has to be the desktop version of the site I think you use on mobile.

Ah thank you! Was wondering where it got too. I take a screenshot of it and unlock the motel with it. Saves having to look for info when you get there. They really need to put that in a place friendly to mobile browsers. Hell they need an app too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

god's toy wrote: »
    Ah thank you! Was wondering where it got too. I take a screenshot of it and unlock the motel with it. Saves having to look for info when you get there. They really need to put that in a place friendly to mobile browsers. Hell they need an app too!

Why this hasn't become a thing is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They don't need an app, just send the QR in the email. Who doesnt have an email client on their phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I just had a notification of a parcel in the Dublin Depot, I have nothing waiting from Parcel Motel, but 2 Amazon deliveries addressed to Parcel Wizard, checked the picture and it's a Parcel Wizard delivery, complete with code and address.
    It looks like Amazon delivered to the wrong address and Parcel Motel have processed it.
    Anyone have this before??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

They installed new lockers in my area (there is 2 in space of 2 mins walk) , one was down for a few weeks but was replaced 2 days ago. Collected some parcels yesterday, keypad only instead of touchscreen now. Much quicker and the QR scanner works every time unlike previous ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

-Thursday morning: email with picture that my parcel is in the depot
    -Thursday evening: email and text that my parcel is ready for collection
    -Thursday evening: go to motel and someone eles package is there
    -Friday morning after 25 mins on hold get customer serice and explain issue. They send me a return label for the wrong package and tell me my parcel is in the depot and will be delivered ASAP.
    -I oblige and return other persons package.
    -1 week, 11 emails and 3 phone calls later, nobody can tell me where my package is and ignore my requests for a phone update.

Every company makes mistakes, no problem, I judge them on how they rectify them. Based on this, Parcel Motels customer service is f**king appaling.

Advertisement