Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Had an item posted to my PM address from Lancashire midday 5th, arrived PM 6th, in my locker this morning.
    Happy with that so close to Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Had three parcels arrive at the same tome and one arrived two days ago, just collected today others not arrived yet in cork. Locker must be full!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭98-00

Has anyone returned an item bought from Amazon delivered through Parcel Motel, what is the process?

Parcel arrived yesterday, and is in the locker now. Parcels that came two days ago are not. Hopefully these aren’t missing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭mightyreds

98-00 wrote: »
    Has anyone returned an item bought from Amazon delivered through Parcel Motel, what is the process?

I returned one last week put it to royal mail and stuck it in the locker, been delivered to royal mail since last Monday , I thought I would be updated on amazon to it being scanned but nothing, have no idea where it is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

The tallaght Parcel Motel has been broken all weekend. The screen is not working.

I arrived on Saturday to pick up a parcel and the guy filling the motel told me that the screen was broken and he had already phoned it in. I couldnt get my parcel so I messaged them through Facebook and also left them a voicemail.

Sunday I get a text telling me my parcel is going to expire in 24 hours. Back to motel I go. Screen still broken. No response to either my phonecall or FB message.

I send another FB message stating that I cannot retrieve my parcel, wasted 2 journeys now. No response - as usual.

Today I wake up to a text telling me my goddam parcel has expired and will be going back for reprocessing.

Still no response to my messages - in fact, the second one hasnt even been read.

Very frustrating crowd to deal with. What happens to my parcel now? Wastes days going back for reprocessing or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

98-00 wrote: »
    You go through the normal process of returning the item through Amazon. They issue you with a (useless) Royal Mail return label. You then get onto their chat and ask for an An Post return label as you're in Ireland. Job done.

I know it's ridiculous that you have to go through that process, seeing as they already know you're in Ireland, but that's the way it currently works.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

....... wrote: »
    The tallaght Parcel Motel has been broken all weekend. The screen is not working.

I arrived on Saturday to pick up a parcel and the guy filling the motel told me that the screen was broken and he had already phoned it in. I couldnt get my parcel so I messaged them through Facebook and also left them a voicemail.

Sunday I get a text telling me my parcel is going to expire in 24 hours. Back to motel I go. Screen still broken. No response to either my phonecall or FB message.

I send another FB message stating that I cannot retrieve my parcel, wasted 2 journeys now. No response - as usual.

Today I wake up to a text telling me my goddam parcel has expired and will be going back for reprocessing.

Still no response to my messages - in fact, the second one hasnt even been read.

Very frustrating crowd to deal with. What happens to my parcel now? Wastes days going back for reprocessing or what?

How come the guy filling the motel didn't get it for you?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Alun wrote: »
    You go through the normal process of returning the item through Amazon. They issue you with a (useless) Royal Mail return label. You then get onto their chat and ask for an An Post return label as you're in Ireland. Job done.

I know it's ridiculous that you have to go through that process, seeing as they already know you're in Ireland, but that's the way it currently works.

They wouldn't give me the Irish label but I messaged them today to ask had my parcel entered the system as I hadn't heard since parcel motel dropped it at Royal Mail and they issued the refund immediately

How come the guy filling the motel didn't get it for you?

He has no access to open lockers with parcels in them apparently.

Mine had been in before he got there, Id gotten the text that morning.

Ive literally just gotten another collection text there - so maybe they just fixed it and didnt bother with the parcel reprocessing - I dont know if its for the same parcel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

....... wrote: »
    He has no access to open lockers with parcels in them apparently.

Mine had been in before he got there, Id gotten the text that morning.

Ive literally just gotten another collection text there - so maybe they just fixed it and didnt bother with the parcel reprocessing - I dont know if its for the same parcel.

If it is the same parcel the system more than likely charged you again too, check if it did and follow them for a refund.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

If it is the same parcel the system more than likely charged you again too, check if it did and follow them for a refund.

Yes good point - I will check it out.

I just realised ive been issued the text with the same pin so hopefully only one charge.

After I received the text I got a reply from my FB messages, but the reply was totally out of date saying that they would reprocess my parcel when the motel was fixed.

Their customer service is really shambolic.

Still waiting for packages that are “in transit” since last Wednesday to come down to my locker here in cork. Package that arrived Friday came the next day but nothing on these two. No reply to my support tickets either or twitter DMs. Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Still waiting for packages that are “in transit” since last Wednesday to come down to my locker here in cork. Package that arrived Friday came the next day but nothing on these two. No reply to my support tickets either or twitter DMs. Brilliant
    You just have to keep getting onto them until they answer, it’s the only way you’ll eventually get through to them. Xmas presents I presume?

Shn99 wrote: »
    You just have to keep getting onto them until they answer, it’s the only way you’ll eventually get through to them. Xmas presents I presume?

yup.. two tickets opened now and twitter has been dm'd haha. One of them's a phone so heres to hoping :p. First time ive had issues with them now.

Finally received a reply. They requested invoice/receipts of the two packaGEs for some reason to pass onto the delivery team. They did arrive because they are in the Dublin depot with a parcel more tracking number and a picture. Anybody get a reply asking for those before?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Finally received a reply. They requested invoice/receipts of the two packaGEs for some reason to pass onto the delivery team. They did arrive because they are in the Dublin depot with a parcel more tracking number and a picture. Anybody get a reply asking for those before?

Yeah, I got the same from them end of November. Sent on the details and pictures to them.
    After a number of days I was told that the parcel, that they took a picture of, had been lost and that they will refund me the invoice value.
    In 15 working days!!! Still no sign of it
    It was a Christmas present that I had to replace which actually cost me more than the original.
    This happen to anyone else?

raddo wrote: »
    Yeah, I got the same from them end of November. Sent on the details and pictures to them.
    After a number of days I was told that the parcel, that they took a picture of, had been lost and that they will refund me the invoice value.
    In 15 working days!!! Still no sign of it
    It was a Christmas present that I had to replace which actually cost me more than the original.
    This happen to anyone else?

Well that’s not good to hear then because one of the packages s is a google pixel phone which they definitely won’t refund me for :(

EDIT: 1 of the two packages just got stored. Not the phone of course, but hopefully it comes soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

I am in a similar situation. Ive had a package "in Transit" since Thursday 29/11/2018, nearly two weeks ago. Ive emailled them twice. No response.

The previous week they said that they found an empty amazon package with my name on it in their depot. They told me to contact Amazon for a replacement.

So they either "lost it" in the depot, or they accepted an opened amazon parcel from Royal Mail. Neither makes them look good.

It is very disappointing, as their customer service used to be top notch for years before they got acquired by UPS. Now its like pulling teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

So they either "lost it" in the depot, or they accepted an opened amazon parcel from Royal Mail. Neither makes them look good.

I've had parcels from Amazon tampered with before. The photo from the sorting depot would show a perfect parcel but when I got in from the locker the packaging was opened. Someone from parcel motel obviously looking for goodies for themselves. I use it for convenience for smaller value items. Wouldn't dream of sending any expensive parcels through them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Cazale wrote: »
    I've had parcels from Amazon tampered with before. The photo from the sorting depot would show a perfect parcel but when I got in from the locker the packaging was opened. Someone from parcel motel obviously looking for goodies for themselves. I use it for convenience for smaller value items. Wouldn't dream of sending any expensive parcels through them.

I am starting to thing the same. If that is the case, it sucks that their customer service would blame Amazon for the loss and make me go to the trouble of negotiating a replacement without taking ownership of their problem themselves.

Cazale wrote: »

+1

Once you go over a certain value (maybe 50 quid) then its usually worth just paying to send it through An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Does anyone know the UK number for Parcel Motel?

UPS delivered my package to Parcel Motel instead of Parcel Wizard and want to be able to phone Parcel Motel to arrange to pick it up again.

I've tried emailing Parcel Motel but no response.

EDIT: ah found it... +44 (0) 28 9084 8411

from https://www.nightline.ie/contact/map-and-location-info/#belfast

got through to their phone support on first try which from around here, seems to be an achievement. He said there must be something out of sync since another packagae arrived and was delivered before these two, and one of the two delayed ones was delivered yesterday. He put in a request in the cork depot to 'prioritise' it so it must be in cork somewhere, and he said it should 100% be here today or tomorrow which is a big promise. Lesson has been learned haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Package € 122 from amazon , arrived in parcelmotel on sat and nothing from them yet , despite receiving 2 other packages from amazon same time

Amazon were amazing in fairness , they refunded whole amount and said “ if i receive good i could call them to arrange collection “

Real “ we don’t care about it we make so much money “ attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

5 days and counting waiting for my package to get dispatched to the Motel and Brownbarn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I think I've been lucky with them in regards to delays this year. Was expecting the xmas rush to have add a week onto them getting stuff to the motel but for each time I've used them it's only been a max of two days over normal.

''Full depot search'' for my package now. Hopefully it turns up :/ Can't see it happening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

When you go on the parcel motel website and click on the details of the parcel, does it say left depot?

• Advertisement

spix wrote: »
    When you go on the parcel motel website and click on the details of the parcel, does it say left depot?

Just says ''Parcel in transit to motel'' which I think is just a general thing once it gets past the picture stage (another parcel arrived and went from the picture to that straight away the other day) Usually just changes to in locker then after that step (except for one or two that say arrived in cork or loaded onto van). Hopefully this full depot search finds it

Advertisement