Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Just says ''Parcel in transit to motel'' which I think is just a general thing once it gets past the picture stage (another parcel arrived and went from the picture to that straight away the other day) Usually just changes to in locker then after that step (except for one or two that say arrived in cork or loaded onto van). Hopefully this full depot search finds it

I had a similar thing happen, parcels that arrived beforehand got delivered, I had one that seemed missing but then it said 'left depot' which is something none of my other parcels ever said. I wonder if it got 'lost' then got sent from the depot by a non standard route which is why it said left depot. I'd say its possible they could find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

spix wrote: »
    I had a similar thing happen, parcels that arrived beforehand got delivered, I had one that seemed missing but then it said 'left depot' which is something none of my other parcels ever said. I wonder if it got 'lost' then got sent from the depot by a non standard route which is why it said left depot. I'd say its possible they could find them.

Oh really? Well thats put some hope into me! Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Very slick service for the month of December this year, I find. No delays at all for a number of items. Cork city location.

The only downside was the removal of the South Ring Road depot. Was very handy for me. Now it's a trip to Blackrock. Not ideal, but not too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

i have an item at depot for like a week now. Should i change it to a different locker ?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Will Amazon deliver a tv to Ireland to PM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

paska wrote: »
    Will Amazon deliver a tv to Ireland to PM

Yes but you will have to collect it form the depot or pay extra for home delivery as it won't fit in the lockers.

You can use this calculator to find out the cost

https://my.parcelmotel.com/Member/PriceCalculator

Spunge wrote: »
    i have an item at depot for like a week now. Should i change it to a different locker ?

No I’d recommend calling them first to ask them about it and see what they say. It’s most likely delayed

tuxy wrote: »
    Yes but you will have to collect it form the depot or pay extra for home delivery as it won't fit in the lockers.

You can use this calculator to find out the cost

https://my.parcelmotel.com/Member/PriceCalculator

Thanks so much.

Anybody know if its too late to add extra liability once the package has been checked in and a photo taken of it, but not yet delivered? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Long time PM user, but may not be using them in future after recent issues.

I use them on a very regular basis, and have had a great experience until recently. There used to be a unit 5 mins walk from my house, but they closed that one, but I continued to use the next closest unit, about a 15 min walk away.

Friday 7th Dec I get a phone call to say that the Ballymun Road unit has been broken into and that one of my two parcels waiting for collection had been taken. They gave me the tracking number and asked for proof of purchase for a reimbursement, also informed me that my other parcel was not at the PM Depot for collection. I sent the proof of purchase immediately and had a friend collect my other parcel for me, as the PM depot is not really within walking distance.

So i've since been back and forward with with them regarding charges on my account since this incident (The credit for the above had only been applied to my acocunt today).

My issue is that there are charges for 6 stays on my account since that date. These are for items which I ordered prior to the closing of Ballymun Road unit, which are now being sent to the PM Depot for collection. I don't think I should be charged for these (there is a couple of these stays which are items reprocessed as I can't get to collect them in time, or arrage for someone to get them from the depot).

I would not have used PM for the subsequent items if I had know that there was no local unit for me to collect them from, it really defeats the purpose of PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bmcgill

Parcelmotel service really seems to have gone downhill recently. I had something delivered over the weekend and it clearly wasn’t for me - different name and pmid.
    Not the same package that was pictured on checkin to the depot.
    Can’t get them on the phone and no response to e-mail - support tickets. V poor all round.

Well I got an email just now saying my parcel has been found in the cork depot! Hopefully it’s alright and will be with me tomorrow and the phone isn’t taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

When you send a package from your PM to another PM, does the recipient also have to pay to receive it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Very slick service for the month of December this year, I find. No delays at all for a number of items. Cork city location.

Deliveries have slowed for me in Galway. Typically taking an extra day. The delivery van is hanging around the motel a lot during the day and deliveries being dropped in at random times throughout the day (incl Sundays) so I'd say the delay is waiting for empty lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

J o e wrote: »
    When you send a package from your PM to another PM, does the recipient also have to pay to receive it?
    Nope, sender only.

Anybody just go to the depot to collect a package? Was told it was found at the cork depot but still not delivered and feel like just driving down now to pick it up, would they even give it to you if it wasn't redirected there?

Well my tale has come to an end. Went down to the Cork Depot just now and collected the parcel, thank god! Was scheduled to go out tomorrow they said but eh, should have been 3 weeks ago.. at least I have it now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

i got a package in depot for 10 days.
    then another came and it was delivered instantly.
    but the pictures indicates it was the first package however the picture for the underlivered package shows the old undelivered one.

dunno whats going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Hi,

I don't see any other recent threads on this.

How are parcel motel coping at the moment? Given they only have a limited number of storage boxes they can't ramp up like any other couriers and start doing Saturday deliveries or do an extra run in the evening, put drivers on overtime etc.

I have a parcel in limbo since last week, just wondering when I can expect it?

Well my tale has come to an end. Went down to the Cork Depot just now and collected the parcel, thank god! Was scheduled to go out tomorrow they said but eh, should have been 3 weeks ago.. at least I have it now! :)

Did they at least refund your parcel motel fee

• Advertisement

spix wrote: »
    Did they at least refund your parcel motel fee

Nope! Possibly because I didn't ask but i can't even be bothered trying to get them to refund the 3.75. Just happy the phone is ok and not stolen. Christmas morning has been saved, no thanks to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭iHungry

I am finished with parcel motel. Last 4 orders I made have gone missing. DVDs, radio and now two Amazon firesticks. Got a notification of check in on Sunday then this morning got an email from Amazon congratulations for registering your new firesticks. That's two gifts gone and no chance of sorting it before Christmas 😠😠😠

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

iHungry wrote: »
    I am finished with parcel motel. Last 4 orders I made have gone missing. DVDs, radio and now two Amazon firesticks. Got a notification of check in on Sunday then this morning got an email from Amazon congratulations for registering your new firesticks. That's two gifts gone and no chance of sorting it before Christmas 😠😠😠

That's appalling, did you contact Amazon?

Kamili wrote: »
    That's appalling, did you contact Amazon?

Yes I contacted amazon last night and they have deregistered
    them from my account. Apparently if you order firesticks they come pre-registered.

Just off the phone from parcel motel and they confirmed my gifts are lost and a supervisor will be in touch. Can't believe how bad they've become.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

lost and a supervisor will be in touch

"Lost"

I am finished with parcel motel. Last 4 orders I made have gone missing. DVDs, radio and now two Amazon firesticks. Got a notification of check in on Sunday then this morning got an email from Amazon congratulations for registering your new firesticks. That's two gifts gone and no chance of sorting it before Christmas ������

Might be a long shot but is it possible your email was hacked and someone has access to it and are collecting your stuff. 4 orders is a lot for one person to get stung with. Just worth a thought.

ED E wrote: »
    "Lost"

Lost or gone I think he said, I didn't complain to the guy as it's not his fault. I just won't use them again
    paska wrote: »
    Might be a long shot but is it possible your email was hacked and someone has access to it and are collecting your stuff. 4 orders is a lot for one person to get stung with. Just worth a thought.

Thanks but I don't think my account is hacked, I have a 22 letter strong password :D The other orders never even made it to check in, even with delivery confirmation from the primary courier.

Don't know what happened to my firesticks between check in at Newtownabbey and my Artane, Dublin 5 motel :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ocsfan

I have *13* parcels that have been in Dublin PM for 2-6 days. I was assured yesterday morning that I would have some of them yesterday evening or at worst, overnight, and the rest would be at the motel by Christmas Eve. I received NO notifications overnight and now can't believe anything that was said to me. I also was told that I couldn't go into their depot to collect them.

I'm looking for other options for 2019 - so disappointed.

ocsfan wrote: »
    I have *13* parcels that have been in Dublin PM for 2-6 days. I was assured yesterday morning that I would have some of them yesterday evening or at worst, overnight, and the rest would be at the motel by Christmas Eve. I received NO notifications overnight and now can't believe anything that was said to me. I also was told that I couldn't go into their depot to collect them.

I'm looking for other options for 2019 - so disappointed.

Go to their depot address and try get them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 drik

Anyone have any issues with collecting their parcels where the screen only accepts a barcode? Tried to collect a parcel tonight at a new machine and the machine kept saying wrong barcode. No option to collect via PIN number. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Advertisement