Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ocsfan

drik wrote: »
    Anyone have any issues with collecting their parcels where the screen only accepts a barcode? Tried to collect a parcel tonight at a new machine and the machine kept saying wrong barcode. No option to collect via PIN number. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Did you check your email? On a couple of days, they stored my parcels at an alternate location... They only notified me via email, not sms

• Registered Users Posts: 37 drik

Definitely the right location. The barcode reader didn't even beep when I held my phone up. I assume it's the barcode beside the picture of the parcel under my account?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ocsfan

drik wrote: »
    Definitely the right location. The barcode reader didn't even beep when I held my phone up. I assume it's the barcode beside the picture of the parcel under my account?

Yep, that's it. Theyre definitely having problems right now...

iHungry wrote: »
    Lost or gone I think he said, I didn't complain to the guy as it's not his fault. I just won't use them again

Thanks but I don't think my account is hacked, I have a 22 letter strong password :D The other orders never even made it to check in, even with delivery confirmation from the primary courier.

Don't know what happened to my firesticks between check in at Newtownabbey and my Artane, Dublin 5 motel :confused:

I assume no joy since?

Sorry to hear you lost presents - not a nice thing to happen but especially with the season that's in it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bigaudio

Hi. Does anyone know if they are working as normal today until New Year's Eve at all? Cannot seem to find any details of Christmas hours on their website, which in previous years has been updated.
    Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Service has gone t1ts up this year like I said it would still waiting on 10 packages..They wont be around much longer anyway as discussed before

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭iHungry

I assume no joy since?

Sorry to hear you lost presents - not a nice thing to happen but especially with the season that's in it. :)

No definitely lost or stolen. I'm still awaiting the call from the supervisor to make a claim for the firesticks and even if I do get my money I won't be able to buy them for the price I ordered at which is extra annoying.

I have though recently received my money back from a claim from a lost radio which went smooth enough so fingers crossed.

bigaudio wrote: »
    Hi. Does anyone know if they are working as normal today until New Year's Eve at all? Cannot seem to find any details of Christmas hours on their website, which in previous years has been updated.
    Many thanks.

I got a text to say a parcel has landed in dublin so they must be doing something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Does anyone know what the story is with customs when getting things delivered from the USA? I want to order a few bits from Amazon USA and have them delivered to PM so I can collect them rather than having them sent to the house. I understand PM will not handle the paying of duty, is that right?

Will I be charged VAT/import if I place multiple orders? Each item is worth less than £10, so individually they wouldn't reach the threshold, but taken together, they would probably go over the £15 VAT restriction. If they are in separate orders, are they counted together, or independently?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Not a single problem over the last few weeks. All deliveries being stored same night. Parcel delivered to Antrim 12pm today was stored at 11pm in Dublin. About 400 Parcels in total till date and not one has gone missing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

dan786 wrote: »
    Not a single problem over the last few weeks. All deliveries being stored same night. Parcel delivered to Antrim 12pm today was stored at 11pm in Dublin. About 400 Parcels in total till date and not one has gone missing.
    You work for Parcel Motel. Do'nt ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Emmersonn wrote: »
    You work for Parcel Motel. Do'nt ya :D

Haha no I dont. The longest delay I have had is 4 days but 99% parcels have been stored same night. Might be because there are two lockers within a minutes walking distance so the parcels are spread between them.

Also thankfully nothing has gone missing till date.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Manutd623

Hi all,

I ordered something off aliexpress before Christmas posted to my parcel motel address. It arrived in England last week and in Northern Ireland (Newtownabbey) at the weekend. When I look up tracking information on royal mail it says that they tried to deliver the parcel but there was no one in. Has anyone ever had this problem before?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

Manutd623 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I ordered something off aliexpress before Christmas posted to my parcel motel address. It arrived in England last week and in Northern Ireland (Newtownabbey) at the weekend. When I look up tracking information on royal mail it says that they tried to deliver the parcel but there was no one in. Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Check page 2 of this forum Some1 had same problem with amazon but it was actually delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Western Lowland Gorilla

A couple of packages delivered to NI yesterday (new years eve) according to Amazon.

No notification of anything yet from Parcel Motel, it's usually much quicker.

I know its the holiday period, but should I be concerned?

A couple of packages delivered to NI yesterday (new years eve) according to Amazon.

They have been taken in and probably min staff on. Should show up 2morrow

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

in the same boat here, was hoping for somthing to be delivered today to start a pc build but its not even on their site yet, its usually the day after i goes onto the site that i recieve it so annoyingly prob wont see it till thursday now.

did notice over the christmas period that some parcels did not go onto the pm website at all and just turned up at my locker after a while,(ordered 11 small parcels and they were being delivered at a very slow rate of 1 a day :( )

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Service has gone t1ts up this year like I said it would still waiting on 10 packages..They wont be around much longer anyway as discussed before
    That's normal depot was probably full, I moved my drop off point too conlans in athy, as I pass by here on way to work. They don't use lockers all parcels are left behind the counter so was no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

also had a amazon confirmation of delivery on Monday and nothing from PM yet.

Hopefully will get notification today as its replacement parts I need as soon as I can get them.

Still the same here Wabbit Ears, and ive got a half built pc left in limbo on my kitchen table :/ (infact i need to finish it and put it back into the rack today even though i know its mobo out again when this package turns up)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Finally Got notification parcel is in their dublin depot. Hopefully will be at motel tomorrow!! Fingers crossed.

Wonder is the an post equlivent having the same issues?

Finally Got notification parcel is in their dublin depot. Hopefully will be at motel tomorrow!! Fingers crossed.

Sounds good I'm waiting on 8 packages. There will be more with other services stuck in hubs etc so yes.

yep mine went on the system there at 9 o clock, all going well i should have them in the 7am drop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Received a number of parcels through Address Pal during December. None of them took longer than the advertised 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I'm in a similar position. tracking shows the package was delivered on the 24th, not checked in till the 27th (expected and don't mind this at all) but nothing since then. It's an oversized heavy package so it's not going to a locker, it'll just stay in the Finglas depot, but I don't know when they're planning on sending me a pin or a prompt to collect...

Over 100 successful deliveries in the past so I'm not wringing my hands jsut yet but the standard has certainly slipped.

Got a package in today. Funny though it was on the site last night but got no email. This morning I got text. Only 7 left now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Got a package in today. Funny though it was on the site last night but got no email. This morning I got text. Only 7 left now.

Do the multiple posts mean you got all 7? :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

As luck (or misfortune) would have it I've to pop to the vet this evening and my route takes my right past PM in Finglas, where my package should eventually end up. Going to swing in with the PM tracking number and chance my luck that it's there.

Edit: It wasn't ready but I rang them this morning and got my PIN. Seems that they really are just snowed under/shortstaffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Happy New year!

Does anyone know what's happening to the Athlome Parcel Motel? Went to collect from it today and it's closed with a note to collect from the Niteline Depot. That depot is 6 days a week and NOT 24/7.

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

peterako wrote: »
    Happy New year!

Does anyone know what's happening to the Athlome Parcel Motel? Went to collect from it today and it's closed with a note to collect from the Niteline Depot. That depot is 6 days a week and NOT 24/7.

Thanks in advance

I've been waiting 3 days for stuff i had assumed was stuck in the Dublin depot. Waiting for it to go to Athlone! That explains it so. No txts or emails you'd think they'd send something.

Advertisement