Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I collected a parcel from my locker and there's a pink label on the box saying customs fee to pay. Does anyone know how I go about paying this fee as some genius from parcel motel put their delivery label over the section about paying the fee. I've looked online but cant seem to find details of how to do it. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

aaronm13 wrote: »
    I collected a parcel from my locker and there's a pink label on the box saying customs fee to pay. Does anyone know how I go about paying this fee as some genius from parcel motel put their delivery label over the section about paying the fee. I've looked online but cant seem to find details of how to do it. Thanks in advance.

Usually they ring you requesting the payment, looks like it slipped through somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Usually they ring you requesting the payment, looks like it slipped through somehow?

There seems to be payment details on the label but can't make it out. Tried peeling back some of the parcel motel label but it's ripping the royal mail one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Got a package in today. Funny though it was on the site last night but got no email. This morning I got text. Only 7 left now.

Do the multiple posts mean you got all 7? :D
    4 left now..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bassface202

Hi, I received a couple of emails from parcel motel on Friday with pics of two packages. One arrived Saturday morning but the other still hasn't shown up. It's still listed as "in transit" on their website. I tried emailing, got an automated response so I phoned them this morning but gave up after twenty minutes on hold. Anyone have any idea about what I should do now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with the extended liability? As I said last week I had a package delivered to them after sending it to the wrong address and not trusting them I took out the €500 cover. The package has disappeared and was never checked in despite being delivered and signed for by P MOTEL.

I can't handle another 20 minute wait on hold to find out if I'm still covered when the 2 weeks cover expires in a few days or if I need to keep purchasing it until they get back to me about my missing package.

Either way I'm expecting it to be a massive headache to get my compensation from them if they don't find it.

Still not resolved. They stopped replying to emails at the end of November after I supplied all the information they asked for in regards to the item. I've emailed 3 times since then and nothing.

Can't get through to them on the phone either. I don't know what to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I rang them last Friday and I was on hold for about half an hour but once I got through the girl was very helpful, said she'd contact Operations for me and I had the parcel in hand that evening.

Ring them on this numnber - 018835400

It'll redirect you for the same line as the premium number listed on the website but you won't be charged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

What a mess of a company, parcel arrived in their Depot on the 19th December, guess what, still no parcel. Numerous emails, numerous calls and nada....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

At this stage I have sent about half a dozen emails and messaged them through facebook regarding an overcharge from when the lockers at a site were broken and STILL no response. Im weeks asking for my refund. I know they are just counting on my giving up as its only 4 quid and surely I will run out of energy soon.

I rang them last Friday and I was on hold for about half an hour but once I got through the girl was very helpful, said she'd contact Operations for me and I had the parcel in hand that evening.

It'll redirect you for the same line as the premium number listed on the website but you won't be charged

Thanks, I'll try that number later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

miller_63 wrote: »
    What a mess of a company, parcel arrived in their Depot on the 19th December, guess what, still no parcel. Numerous emails, numerous calls and nada....

If you have a tracking number, have you tried the 'Find My parcel' on the account section of the site?

If the PMID is missing, this helps you find the parcel without having to contact them directly.

I used that number and got through after half an hour or so. Seems to be sorted out now. Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I used to love Parcel Motel, raved about it and told everyone to sign up.
    I bloody hate them after the last month or two, absolute shambles.

Currenly holding on the phone for the last 22 mins trying to get through to find out about 2 parcels. One of which are special slippers for a person in hospital, so I have to get them. The other was a pair of jeans I ordered, parcel is missing in Parcel Motel somewhere since 5th December, annoying but not so important. They've stopped replying to my emails too.

I'm so fed up now.

Are there any other companies that could be used for deliveries to UK addresses? There has to be an alternative to this bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Shelli2 wrote: »

Currenly holding on the phone for the last 22 mins trying to get through to find out about 2 parcels. One of which are special slippers for a person in hospital, so I have to get them. The other was a pair of jeans I ordered, parcel is missing in Parcel Motel somewhere since 5th December, annoying but not so important. They've stopped replying to my emails too.

I'm so fed up now.

Are there any other companies that could be used for deliveries to UK addresses? There has to be an alternative to this bullsh*t.

Addresspal, they can have their up and downs too however they’re more reliable, they have customer service too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Shn99 wrote: »
    Addresspal, they can have their up and downs too however they’re more reliable, they have customer service too

There's Parcel Wizard, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

There's Parcel Wizard, too.

Never used them so i dunno what they’re like..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

They're the best for where I live anyway, but I believe it's dependent on your local DPD driver. They have always delivered the day after it arrives in Newtownabbey, even over black friday/Christmas. My local driver is great and if I get a text the morning of the delivery saying it will be delivered between 10am & 11am he always shows. I must have got close to 100 deliveries from them and he's never missed the delivery window.

They're also not as strict on the size/weight limits. I've had a 20kg OLED TV delivered and was only charged the standard €3.85.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,915 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Very much depends on your area. I know people who have had brilliant service from them and I tried them for a while based on a friend's recommendation. I did not have a good experience with them. In fact, what ended up happening was anything I ordered that happened to have DPD as a courier ended up being left in my local Centra and then I was charged 3.85 for it, even though I hadn't ordered it to be delivered to my parcel wizard address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

If I send a parcel to a buyer with parcel motel, I pay the cost of sending.
    Does the buyer have to pay for picking up the parcel from their parcel motel?
    Sorry if this seems obvious, I'm not sure about it. Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

juneg wrote: »

Have a look back through a couple of pages of this thread. It was asked very recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

juneg wrote: »

Only the sender has to pay, the receiver pays nothing.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

How long does it normally take before something moves from Heathrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Anyone else experiencing longer than usual delays right now? Also noticed they don’t bother post on their twitter / Facebook page anymore!!??

Shelli2 wrote: »

I'm so fed up now.

Ordered something from Amazon this evening. Could have used up a 10 euro credit (don't ask) I had with parcel motel. Used a less convenient address instead due to the doubt i have about when the items will actually arrive in the metal locker. Delivery is due next Wednesday which i'm expecting - lord knows when it would arrive with parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Joziburg wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing longer than usual delays right now? Also noticed they don’t bother post on their twitter / Facebook page anymore!!??

Doesn't look like things are good at Parcel Motel. Long time customer and never really had a problem of significance. Had something delivered to NI address and scanned on 5/1 and still not turned up. Strangely says "Package released from hold cage" 15 minutes after saying on way to motel.

No response to emails or tickets (numerous)

Recent feedback on trustpilot says it all.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.parcelmotel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Yeah, I got my most recent package with them eventually but I'm switching to an alternative service for the time being until I can see a big improvement there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

STB. wrote: »
    Doesn't look like things are good at Parcel Motel. Long time customer and never really had a problem of significance. Had something delivered to NI address and scanned on 5/1 and still not turned up. Strangely says "Package released from hold cage" 15 minutes after saying on way to motel.

No response to emails or tickets (numerous)

Recent feedback on trustpilot says it all.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.parcelmotel.com

Same - been ignored via calls/emails/tickets since mid December.

Those trustpilot reviews are absolutely shocking.

Are they going bust?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Not looking good, incredibly pissed off.

Parcel arrived on 19th December and still not seen it! Despite numerous requests on the support ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Esho

I've had two parcels go missing since mid Dec.
    I wish I had checked this out before I ordered the last one through them.
    No reply to any support either.
    I won't be using them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's going on with them? I've happily used them for a few years now but since November it seems like there's nothing but problems and it's impossible to actually get in contact with anyone working there.

Advertisement