Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

They are shocking and I find don't answer emails unless you get them on the phone, then all your mails get answered by the same person within minutes. So it seems like they just don't have enough people working. Only two in their cs department means they're probably stuck to the phone each day and never get to look at emails. When yo do get to speak to someone, and you will eventually with a lot of effort and patience remember it's not that persons fault. They'll be doing the best hey can it'll probably be the don't give a f**k attitude of the company. They are quite good once you get them.
    I feel sorry for the people that pick the phone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭marshyc

Has anyone had any problems using parcel motel ?? :mad:
    parcel missing and they wont except liability i have to wait why they search the world WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Fabio

Same. Been waiting on something since late December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

marshyc wrote: »
    Has anyone had any problems using parcel motel ?? :mad:
    parcel missing and they wont except liability i have to wait why they search the world WTF

None thank god, using weekly.

Fabio wrote: »
    Same. Been waiting on something since late December.

Oh no, they told me I have to wait why they search for it then customer service said it could have been sent anywhere and I can't claim untill they search for it

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Parcel wizard are much better, I’ve never had an issue with them
    Parcel motel customer service isn’t the best

Thanks I haven't heard of parcel wizard but will be using them from now on !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Their "pickup points" are mainly local shops, so not open 24/7 if that makes a difference to you.

But they also have the option of delivering straight to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Can i ask how long it took to get a reply about a missing parcel query? I set one up last week but havent had any aknowledgement yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭iHungry

Don't bother with email or the parcel diary. Phone them up, it's the only way I could get in contact with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Switched the them a year ago, run by DPD, fantastic customer service and never had an issue with them. Handy to get delivered straight to your door as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

iHungry wrote: »
    Don't bother with email or the parcel diary. Phone them up, it's the only way I could get in contact with them.

Perfect thanks. I'll give em a ring so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

I have to say, I've had nothing but good experiences with Parcel Motel. A couple of parcels did go missing before Christmas. It took PM two weeks to trace them and get them down to me,

In both instances, the parcel was inadequately addressed, despite me giving the correct details and PM managed to trace them back to me and get them sent.

Are you sure that is not what happened here?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Parcel motel once delivered my item to a locker that belonged to someone else! Only reason I found out was because the person who received the item in their locker was honest enough and saw my mobile number on the package, and rang me to tell me! It was my Parcel Motel number on the package so someone/something screwed up that redirected the package to the wrong person's locker...

I use Parcel Wizard now, and have packages directly delivered to my door so that there's no chance of it accidentally going to someone else's place.

It begs the question: What happens with Parcel Motel/Parcel Wizard if Brexit kicks in?

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Can i ask how long it took to get a reply about a missing parcel query? I set one up last week but havent had any aknowledgement yet.

I didn't get a reply to the web query I had to phone up

i have had the email and picture saying my parcel is checked in but thats the last time anyone has seen it lol

Parcel Motel Phone Number if anyone needs it 076 888 6677

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Bit off topic for the op’s missing parcel

And? It may well be. But still a question all the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Stevenson

They lost a parcel of mine before Christmas and are refusing to take responsibility even though I have proof that it had been delivered to them. No supervisor is ever available to talk. I'm going to use An Post AddressPal service from now on.

Called on a load of occasions and still no luck. By the way their support number is a premium cost number so it costs a fortune to phone especially from a mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Has anyone actually just called in on spec with any success?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭mrskinner

My parcel was delivered to Parcel-Motel depot by courier.
    Tracking shows it was delivered to the depot in Co. Antrim January 12.

It is lost!

They are trying to locate but so far nothing.

Parcel Motel used to be more reliable.

mrskinner wrote: »
    My parcel was delivered to Parcel-Motel depot by courier.
    Tracking shows it was delivered to the depot in Co. Antrim January 12.

It is lost!

They are trying to locate but so far nothing.

Parcel Motel used to be more reliable.

Give them a call they may be able to help you the parcel might not have your pm number on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Couriers forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

so far so good, been using them at least once a month and nothing they mishandled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

5star02707 wrote: »
    so far so good, been using them at least once a month and nothing they mishandled

I think the key is - when nothing goes wrong they are great.

But they seem to have little or no customer service, so if something goes wrong - theyre really awful.

In saying that, I am using them since the beginning and their customer service has been appalling since the start. I recall a 3 month fight when I refused to collect a damaged item from their depot, my point being that they had either accepted it damaged or damaged it themselves - either way, it was their responsibility. They eventually paid out (it was a miserable 40 euro, although it should have been 40 pounds sterling) but the hassle was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I got sick of late parcels and decided I'd use An Post registered/tracked dealio.

Made me go running back to Parcel Motel. Even though they're far from perfect and increasingly expensive sometimes it's better the devil you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

My experience has been all good for a long time now. Deliveries are either next day or Monday if over a weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

gman2k wrote: »
    My experience has been all good for a long time now. Deliveries are either next day or Monday if over a weekend.
    Another Parcel Motel employee :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Yeah well. They are victim of their own success. Their MD left in October. They have transferred the customer support to Nightline. From what I can tell there are little employees on that side. They do not have a customer service manager. They do not answer emails, nor phone calls. If they do answer its a fob off.

Items just vanish when they get into the system of late. I have been given the run around for 2 weeks for an item of negligible worth. For me as a long term advocate, I wont be using them again, especially for expensive more tech, regardless of my balance. No trust until they sort the obvious problems out and become customer focused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

They are all too busy smoking all your darknet weed.

Advertisement