Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

gman2k wrote: »
    My experience has been all good for a long time now. Deliveries are either next day or Monday if over a weekend.

Not sure why you got a rolleye response from someone there :)

I've had the same experience as you for the most part (and I'm not an employee!)

Rarely had an issue with them. Might be a location based problem currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

They are all too busy smoking all your darknet weed.

Why do you think I am so outraged, maaan !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Not sure why you got a rolleye response from someone there :)

I've had the same experience as you for the most part (and I'm not an employee!)

Rarely had an issue with them. Might be a location based problem currently.

Cheers.
    If Mr. Rollyeyes bothered to check back in this thread he could see I have been highly critical of PM when service has been very poor.
    As of the last few months it has been very good for me, and I've no problem saying so. If the only feedback on forums was negative then nobody would use any service.
    My latest experience with an Ebay sale is the following:
    I bought and paid for an item at 16:55 on Thursday from a UK seller. I received notification from the seller that it was delivered today (Sat 19th).
    I have received email from PM this afternoon that it has now been checked into Dublin depot, and I expect (as per usual) that it will be available for collection from my motel in the SE of the country on Monday morning.

As always, your experience may differ, but for me that is my honest experience, so instead of complaining, I'm letting others know of how well it went. I have my doubts about post Brexit etc, but we'll have to wait and see.
    #NotAnEmployee

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Emmersonn wrote: »
    Another Parcel Motel employee :rolleyes:

Mod: Not acceptable on Boards. Don't do it again.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Been using PM for a long time, nearly 7 years, and had a nearly 200 items delivered by them, with very few problems, and they were resolved quickly, until recently.

Standards have slipped big time in recent months, I've had several items that were not flagged as scanned into Dublin, and delays on items coming out of Dublin, and my daughter has an item missing from before Christmas that was lost after it was lifted from the motel due to non collection, and they are not responding to texts or mails on the subject.

I've been into Finglas several times for oversize items, and it's very much looking like the staff numbers have been drastically reduced in recent times, there's no one on the reception area any more, so finding someone to talk to is a problem.

I have to wonder if the problems are related to the purchase by UPS, the parcel motel concept has to have hurt their delivery company, and I find myself wondering if UPS are putting pressure on the Nightline management about the way Parcel Motel is operating.

I hope not, in that being able to get parcels dropped to the motels is a lot more convenient for many people who work away from the home during the day, being able to collect from the motel at a time that suits is a lot more convenient that having to make sure that someone is at home to take the delivery in, even more so when the delivery company does not give a delivery time window, which is the case with most of the traditional courier and parcel operators.

I hope Parcel Motel will turn things round, and get back to being the reliable service that they were for a long time, there's no doubt that they have some serious issues to address, and if they don't, they will only have themselves to blame if people move to other options, which have evolved as a direct response to the success of the Parcel Motel concept, which when operated correctly is still a brilliant idea.

And NO, I am NOT employed by Parcel Motel or any associated company, I am just a long term user of Parcel Motel's service.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Just collected my 500th parcel this morning. Never had anything go missing. The longest delay was Xmas 2017 where some parcels took about 5 days but normally its same night as they are delivered into Belfast.

It definitely dependent on area. I even have had parcels store in motel in Dublin after just 3 hours of them being delivered to Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I had email notification of two parcels checked into Dublin Depot on the 21st, but only one parcel had a photo. The parcel was available for collection the next day in the SE.
    The other parcel appeared to be still in transit, so I left it till today and rang support.
    Phone was answered by a human straight away and I was told that the parcel was scanned incorrectly and entered twice and that's why there was no photo, and I was given credit back on my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Finally got issued a notice to refund, four days ago. Guess what....still no refund and now endlessly chasing a refund after endlessly chasing a parcel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭scotchy

Parcel sent from UK second class post, was supposed to arrive 4th of Jan. No sign of it.

I've Raised 2 tickets for it in the last few weeks without any response other than the automatic new issue raised email.

Just rang Parcel Motel, they answered straight away, said they have the parcel (E bay seller didn't add PM number), and that they are working through a huge backlog of issues since Christmas. Parcel being assigned to me.

On the phone less than 2 minutes and sorted (hopefully).

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

That's usually the case when the sender missed the PM number. Good on you hopefully it gets back to you asap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭skeogh82

Is anyone having issues logging into their parcel motel account? My password wasn’t working so I reset it but even the tenporary password they sent wont work.

This is incredibly frustrating as a package was delivered to them on Tuesday has yet to get to me....emailed customer service but no response yet!!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

skeogh82 wrote: »
    Is anyone having issues logging into their parcel motel account? My password wasn’t working so I reset it but even the tenporary password they sent wont work.

This is incredibly frustrating as a package was delivered to them on Tuesday has yet to get to me....emailed customer service but no response yet!!

Thanks!

Did you check CAPS LOCK?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

skeogh82 wrote: »
    emailed customer service but no response yet!!

Thanks!

You need to ring.

Parcel Motel don't have any customer service left it seems, but they might answer the phone.

Take your business to other companies who will response.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Oilbeefhooked!

skeogh82 wrote:

skeogh82 wrote:

My log in details work on my pc but not on my phone app !?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭skeogh82

My log in details work on my pc but not on my phone app !?!?!

I’ve tried both and it won’t work...must have gotten them to send the reset password link 5 or 6 times and this point and copied the password directly into the field.

I guess I will have to ring them!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I bought a laptop on adverts the other day and the seller sent it through parcel motel on Saturday morning. Since then it's just been sitting in their motel. How long does it usually take them to pick it up? I would have asked for him to use normal post if I knew this was going to happen... Thanks, Griff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I bought a laptop on adverts the other day and the seller sent it through parcel motel on Saturday morning. Since then it's just been sitting in their motel. How long does it usually take them to pick it up? I would have asked for him to use normal post if I knew this was going to happen... Thanks, Griff

This month I have sent two items and both have been delivered in 3 days. They are taken from my locker within 24 hours every time.

dan786 wrote: »
    This month I have sent two items and both have been delivered in 3 days. They are taken from my locker within 24 hours every time.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I sent something last year and that's how it panned out. Probably have to call them... Sigh

I've spoken to three different people in parcel motel who've told me they'll speak to their operations side and call me back and haven't. Status is still the same on my account. I bought extended liability so I'm going to call them today and push for the full amount. This is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dxJJ1hk.png

Nice signature.

Updated on: Thursday 31 January
    07:20am
    Delivered and Signed
    Newtownabbey DO
    Monday 28 January
    03:00pm
    Accepted at Post Office
    Jamaica Road Post Office

Dublin yesterday, PM at 1AM. Collected this AM. So normal for me.

• Advertisement

I had two packets checked in yesterday and collected them this morning. One came from Italy and the other from Stafford in the UK. Bizarrely both had red and white tape with "opened by customs" on them. The item in the packet from Stafford was damaged.

I can understand customs in the UK opening the packet from Italy but why the one from Stafford? Why would customs get involved with something going from Stafford to Antrim? And it seems like they damaged it as both packets looked like they had been sat on.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Hey. I have an item being delivered to Parcel Motel up North from Germany. However, it seems the shipper has sent it to Ireland and not Nothern Ireland. The DHL tracking says it will show up on the An Post website when it gets here. Has that happened to anyone else? Anything to worry about re: not forwarding on to NI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

anyone having any issues with having stuff delivered from Amazon through Parcel Motel?
    tried to order a Power Bank from Amazon and use Parcel Motel as the seller didn't ship to Ireland but said address could not be used, never had an issue before, not sure if Amazon or Parcel Motel issue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭bren2001

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    anyone having any issues with having stuff delivered from Amazon through Parcel Motel?
    tried to order a Power Bank from Amazon and use Parcel Motel as the seller didn't ship to Ireland but said address could not be used, never had an issue before, not sure if Amazon or Parcel Motel issue

I'd imagine it's an issue of shipping batteries to NI. They won't do it. Nothing to do with PM.

MOD: <Snip> No you can’t. See the AdressPal thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »

You cannot get batteries, power banks,mobiles, laptops, perfume or nail varnish delivered to NI. That's aviation law. If I need anything like that I usually order and pick them them up when I am in London, bringing them back in my hand luggage as they cannot be packed in the hold.

I am not sure Parcel Wizard would be a viable workaround in case Customs decide to open the parcel and confiscate the contents.

You cannot get batteries, power banks,mobiles, laptops, perfume or nail varnish delivered to NI. That's aviation law. If I need anything like that I usually order and pick them them up when I am in London, bringing them back in my hand luggage as they cannot be packed in the hold.

I am not sure Parcel Wizard would be a viable workaround in case Customs decide to open the parcel and confiscate the contents.

There's no customs check between Ireland and England, no? The only risk is that there is a massive logo on the box indicating there is a battery and PW or AP saying no.

bren2001 wrote: »
    There's no customs check between Ireland and England, no? The only risk is that there is a massive logo on the box indicating there is a battery and PW or AP saying no.

Customs can open anything at any time. No reason has to be given. I've had stuff opened by Customs and sealed back with their tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,207 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Customs can open anything at any time. No reason has to be given. I've had stuff opened by Customs and sealed back with their tape.
    Where was the stuff coming from? What was it?

Not your ornery onager

I've had stuff from the UK as well as the US opened. Doesn't really matter what it was...

• Advertisement

Customs can of course open anything but goods from other EU countries don't get "checked" so it would have to be flagged or look suspicious. England don't really care what you export to Ireland. Whats an Irish customs official going to do? Fly it back to England? They won't care.

The PW staff would be the logical and most likely reason for a power bank to get stopped.

Advertisement