Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

bren2001 wrote: »
    Customs can of course open anything but goods from other EU countries don't get "checked" so it would have to be flagged or look suspicious. England don't really care what you export to Ireland. Whats an Irish customs official going to do? Fly it back to England? They won't care.

The PW staff would be the logical and most likely reason for a power bank to get stopped.

You didn't read my post. They can confiscate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You didn't read my post. They can confiscate it.

Its not up to ROI Customs to enforce ICAO regs. They will do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Anyone have any information on if there is any choice of days/times when you need an oversize parcel changed to home delivery?

It's an unexpected situation as the item itself is not large, but Amazon have chosen to use such a massive box that it can't fit in any of the lockers. I would prefer not to have to spend two or three hours driving over the weekend to pick it up, but I have commitments that mean I won't be available to accept a delivery on Monday. The website offers no information on delivery beyond "it costs €8" until after you have paid, so I don't want to pay for delivery and then have to drive out tomorrow anyway because the only delivery option is Monday.

Does anyone know if there's any choice available at all in terms of delivery days or times after you opt for home delivery and pay the fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭misstearheus

My Parcel has been in the system since Wednesday night and I havn't heard anything from them. :( No updates or nothing. I did ring them and all she said was give it 48 hours.

Need to know their own working hours in order to try and gauge roughly when the Parcel will be here, especially when there's only 48 hours to collect it! Do I give 48 hours from a certain point on Wednesday night, or do I give 48 from like a standard business time of 9am on the Thursday morning or what.....

Finally have a Notification, it has been checked in. But it seems to be in space since then. Hurry on Parcel Motel!! Grrrrrrrr my patience is wearing thin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

I was given option to change the parcel to home delivery once it was stored in oversize locker In Dublin. Been caught like this a few times with amazon. Address pal don't do this crap

quote="DivingDuck;109501200"]Anyone have any information on if there is any choice of days/times when you need an oversize parcel changed to home delivery?

It's an unexpected situation as the item itself is not large, but Amazon have chosen to use such a massive box that it can't fit in any of the lockers. I would prefer not to have to spend two or three hours driving over the weekend to pick it up, but I have commitments that mean I won't be available to accept a delivery on Monday. The website offers no information on delivery beyond "it costs €8" until after you have paid, so I don't want to pay for delivery and then have to drive out tomorrow anyway because the only delivery option is Monday.

Does anyone know if there's any choice available at all in terms of delivery days or times after you opt for home delivery and pay the fee?[/quote]

• Advertisement

Sent two parcels with parcel motel lately bit annoying not showing being picked up or tracking once it has. Anyone getting this

My Parcel has been in the system since Wednesday night and I havn't heard anything from them. :( No updates or nothing. I did ring them and all she said was give it 48 hours.

Need to know their own working hours in order to try and gauge roughly when the Parcel will be here, especially when there's only 48 hours to collect it! Do I give 48 hours from a certain point on Wednesday night, or do I give 48 from like a standard business time of 9am on the Thursday morning or what.....

Finally have a Notification, it has been checked in. But it seems to be in space since then. Hurry on Parcel Motel!! Grrrrrrrr my patience is wearing thin!!

I ordered from Amazon.co.uk in the last week- choose longest delivery date with no P&P charges. Got a text from An Post on Saturday- all arrived- gave me alternative delivery option- I choose local Post Office- arrived at my door yesterday.

There's no comparison. If I choose Parcel Motel, I'd be waiting at least a further week- never again, Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Oh shtop I still don't know where the effing thing is and no-one getting back to me. :(:(:( Me heart is broke with technology. Wonder if I linked them to this Thread would it make them wipe their noses and pull up their Socks a bit?!? What d'ye think?! :D

Another question, - with all these new Services that are cropping up... - like, is there any of them that hold fort on time benefit... Granted it may not be their main business idea, accommodating deliveries from other in-accessible Countries would be their main business acumen. But, is there any service to get something from another Country quicker, - like if I want to order something from China, Standard Delivery will take 15-30 days or whatever, so... like is there any of these things that can cut down on the 15-30 days China travelling, or are they still gonna take the standard 15-30 days anyway before it gets near Ireland?! Is there any service out there to cut down on that time?

Yeahhhh am laughing here to myself! - on thinking things over again, bit much for me to expect something to come from another country fast! :o:pac: Dunno if somebody on their Broomstick is going to be able to just bypass a couple of Countries to get to Ireland quicker than the way they normally would... Will leave the question up anyway. Who knows.. Maybe there will be something in operation to cut out journey-time along the route...

But was just thinking too, have ordered Phone accessories and couple of other things from China off Ebay before and if I can remember correctly, they were here pretty damn fast, the few times I did order stuff from China. So, maybe just standard posting from Ebay is fine n' dandy to work with and not much to complain about at all. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You can get things from most places in the world into Ireland in a couple of days. Be prepared however, for the courier cost to be far more expensive than the product itself which usually means customs charges and VAT/Duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »
    Still not resolved. They stopped replying to emails at the end of November after I supplied all the information they asked for in regards to the item. I've emailed 3 times since then and nothing.

Can't get through to them on the phone either. I don't know what to do now.

Finally resolved just shy of 4 months later. Madness.

I've got almost 300 packages through them since December 2012 when they launched in Sligo but that's that. They desperately need to add some more customer service staff to deal with stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Great service for me. Whenever i order something it usually arrive in Dublin depot and my locker same day or the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

They've 'mis routed' my package
    It arrived at their depot on Feb 28th
    Still not here
    I've had to ring them twice
    They've promised tomorrow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

In the past Parcel motel has worked perfectly.

This time, however, I got no notification for a few days, so i rang them after my TNT tracking number said successfully delivered. After 15 minutes on hold, I was told the package was delivered to another customer. This is where it gets hard to believe.

Twice, two different PM representatives told me they called the person who received my package, and that customer confirmed that they had received packages, but nothing that did not belong to them. The customer "confirmed" the name of the company they had ordered stuff from.

I have confirmed with both the company I ordered from, as well as the courier company, that the tracking number was correct, and the courier confirmed my name and PM number on the parcel.

Just called a 3rd time and this time I was told to send an email because nothing from the previous two calls had been saved to my account.

Not looking good at the moment.

Anyone had any similar experiences? What's the best outcome I can hope for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

What's the best outcome I can hope for?

About 4 months of frustration and repeatedly having to go over the details before you give up as its too time consuming and too much hassle.

....... wrote: »
    About 4 months of frustration and repeatedly having to go over the details before you give up as its too time consuming and too much hassle.

Scary stuff. It's an expensive package, otherwise I wouldn't mind too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Have had to return an item to Amazon and used parcel motel ,and Sent a package to the UK also.
    Pain in the ass that tracking doesn't work.
    Have emailed them asking where the packages are but obviously no reply.
    Luckily I paid extra for the €500 liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

When & how do you pay for oversized items ? Is it taken out of your account or can you pay when you collect ?

Discodog wrote: »
    When & how do you pay for oversized items ? Is it taken out of your account or can you pay when you collect ?

You are notified it is a oversized parcel and it is left in oversized locker in Dublin which you are charged extra for.Then if you decide to opt for home delivery you pay the balance seperately. The oversized price is not bad, home delivery is expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Hello, can I post unopened new 2Litre plastic bottles of tanora soft drink from Ireland to UK , it says in the parcel motel T&C that the it must be in a self cantained parcel if it leaks. What does that mean, also is the pressure in the Bottles an issue

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    Hello, can I post unopened new 2Litre plastic bottles of tanora soft drink from Ireland to UK , it says in the parcel motel T&C that the it must be in a self cantained parcel if it leaks. What does that mean, also is the pressure in the Bottles an issue

It means it must be in a leakproof box. They won't be happy if 50 other shipments end up being covered in Tanora. The pressure in the bottles shouldn't be an issue.

• Advertisement

In the past Parcel motel has worked perfectly.

This time, however, I got no notification for a few days, so i rang them after my TNT tracking number said successfully delivered. After 15 minutes on hold, I was told the package was delivered to another customer. This is where it gets hard to believe.

Twice, two different PM representatives told me they called the person who received my package, and that customer confirmed that they had received packages, but nothing that did not belong to them. The customer "confirmed" the name of the company they had ordered stuff from.

I have confirmed with both the company I ordered from, as well as the courier company, that the tracking number was correct, and the courier confirmed my name and PM number on the parcel.

Just called a 3rd time and this time I was told to send an email because nothing from the previous two calls had been saved to my account.

Not looking good at the moment.

Anyone had any similar experiences? What's the best outcome I can hope for?

Got lucky in the end.

After providing proof of delivery from the original courier, as well as the invoice for my order, they contacted the other customer again who then "noticed" that among their bunch of packages was my package. They returned it to a depot and a yesterday my package arrived to my door.

Counting my blessings.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Has anyone used Parcel Motel to send something to another PM user? I sent something I sold on Adverts on Wednesday. It was collected and sent to Dublin, where it was scanned on Thursday afternoon, but then for some reason has been sent back to Limerick and has been here since this morning. I can't track the shipment as the tracking ID is not in my shipments (as it's not going to me), and the recipient didn't get any email or text but got the tracking number from them when he queried them by email.

Anyone know if the sender should be able to track a shipment?

I might be able to get them on the phone in the morning to see what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,743 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Oversized package delivered to Belfast on 13/03, received no notification or otherwise since.
    What happens next?

zell12 wrote: »
    Oversized package delivered to Belfast on 13/03, received no notification or otherwise since.
    What happens next?

Email them and then ring about it, ideally have your proof of delivery from the original courier ready

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

What happens next?

They haven't been working sun or mon so expect a few delays. Check what yoy have set up on the account. Mine is for oversezed to be delivered at work. Go in your account pay what's owed if needed and chogse what you want to have happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,743 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Finally got a response today.
    €67 for delivery :eek: :eek:

Should have gone to Deliverme.ie for €22 instead as it is only dimensional large.
    Lesson learnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Finally got a response today.
    €67 for delivery :eek: :eek:

Should have gone to Deliverme.ie for €22 instead as it is only dimensional large.
    Lesson learnt

Crazy. I had a 50 inch tv be delivered and they charged 7 euro, most I've been charged is 15 and that was quite a massive box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

I'm looking to return some items to one of the PM partners. I've had the barcode emailed to me, but I'm wondering does that need to be put on the parcel along with the return label or if I just have it on my phone to scan for the locker to open it is that ok? First time using the returns option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Their support is absolutely shocking.

Got an email Wednesday morning to say the package arrived at their Dublin depot and nothing since.

Used the Find my Parcel and emailed support directly yesterday - nothing from either.

Tried ringing the phone no. listed on their site. Invalid number.

Last time I'll be using this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

I bought an item on Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Had to use AddressPal to receive it as they wouldn't ship to Ireland.

Now I want to return the item. None of the return options listed will work from Ireland. How do the rest of you handle this?

It's not an expensive item €30, so although tracking would be nice, not all that important to me.

Advertisement