Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

ah, answering my own question. Got on to Amazon chat and after an initial response about sending me a Royal Mail return label, conceded Ireland wasn't in the UK and have sent me an AnPost return label. That was easier than I was expecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Cina wrote: »
    Their support is absolutely shocking.

Got an email Wednesday morning to say the package arrived at their Dublin depot and nothing since.

Used the Find my Parcel and emailed support directly yesterday - nothing from either.

Tried ringing the phone no. listed on their site. Invalid number.

Last time I'll be using this.

It's a great service until you need to contact them. Phoning is the only way to get things fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

It's a great service until you need to contact them. Phoning is the only way to get things fixed.

Well, I rang on Thursday. The woman told me it was in transit to the Motel and would be there in the next 24 hours.

24 hours later, nothing. So I ring again. This woman tells me that because once of the motels is closed there's a backlog, but it should be there in 24 hours.

This morning, I ring again. Totally different story again. The guy doesn't really know what's happened. Said it might be at the motel but the label didn't work, or maybe the label was damaged. Had to send him on all my details.

Three very different stories, seems they haven't a notion. At least I'm not being charged the fiver anymore..

EDIT: But yeah, to be fair I must have ordered 15-20 things off them by now with zero issues and always being delivered within 24 hours. This is a bit of an anomaly, a painful one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

I stored my parcel in the motel on Friday evening and got a text saying they would let me know when it has been picked up. I've still not heard anymore and when I go into the sent parcels section of the website it just shows as "PM Cust Stored". Does it usually take this long for a return to be collected?

Service has got very poor lately , I had to ring them last week 2 days after parcel arrived in Dublin depot then all communication stopped . I was told the parcel motel at my local Applegreen was probably full so they couldn’t deliver.

I asked why then had this never happened at really busy periods like Christmas?
    I was told I had been very lucky up to now if all my parcels arrived a day after text notification as this was not the norm?? In all my years with PM this WAS the norm though. Late appears to be where it’s at now with PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Yeah their service is a disgrace.

I never got a response from the guy who I spoke to yesterday and sent on the documents, so I ring today, he's not available, the woman tells me the depot search is still in progress and that it can take up to 2 weeks!!

I tell her, politely, that this is unacceptable that I could potentially have to wait three weeks for my product to arrive, or to then be told it hasn't arrived, and she tells me they can't do anything, repeatedly, even when I say I should get compensated for the cost of the package and just forget this, nope, miserable b*tch just keeps repeating the same thing over and over again. "Nothing we can do here til they complete the search".

Think I'll switch to An Post's service now. Always used Parcel Motel in the past but their handling of this and attitude towards their own customers is absolutely pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Cina wrote: »
    Think I'll switch to An Post's service now. Always used Parcel Motel in the past but their handling of this and attitude towards their own customers is absolutely pathetic.

They have a brilliant service when it works but if you have any issue then its just not worth it anymore.
    The amount of parcels going 'missing' in the past number of months seems to be on the rise, and the standard of customer service is dropping at the same time. UPS will need to address this or AnPost will take a considerable chunk when they launch lockers later in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Depending on the Brexit outcome PM may be put out of business shortly regardless.

....... wrote: »
    Depending on the Brexit outcome PM may be put out of business shortly regardless.

Amazon too .......no more orders from Ireland !:(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

And yet UPS bought it after the Brexit vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

whiterebel wrote: »

Lots of large company's buy smaller ones simply to force them out of business and close them down

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Amazon.de has generally been better value for me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Incorrect. Amazon have always posted to Ireland. But some 3P sellers do not post here, so that's where PM came in handy.

whiterebel wrote: »

UPS bought Nightline. UPS have always been a premium courier company, Nightline cover the economy segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

markc1184 wrote: »
    I'm looking to return some items to one of the PM partners. I've had the barcode emailed to me, but I'm wondering does that need to be put on the parcel along with the return label or if I just have it on my phone to scan for the locker to open it is that ok? First time using the returns option.
    Best to attach the barcode to the package for a return that way they can trace it aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Chimerical32

Second parcel in a row (In two weeks) that parcelmotel have lost on me. It's like as if the don't give a f*** anymore. I only use them because it suits me to collect from their lockers but I'm done now. Hopefully An Post will have their lockers up and running soon.

Second parcel in a row (In two weeks) that parcelmotel have lost on me. It's like as if the don't give a f*** anymore. I only use them because it suits me to collect from their lockers but I'm done now. Hopefully An Post will have their lockers up and running soon.

That level of coincidence would have me checking the address the sender used and making sure they put your PMID correctly on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

That level of coincidence would have me checking the address the sender used and making sure they put your PMID correctly on it.

Yep. I've only ever had a problem twice with PM. Once, when someone sent my parcel to Apple in error. They brought it back and placed it in the right locker. The last one was before Christmas. They traced a parcel that I reported as lost. The seller didn't address it properly, despite me giving them the correct address. Took a couple of weeks, but PM did fantastic work in tracing it for me. I've been using them for years since they came to Cork and think they provide an excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rpg

Agreed, their service has gone from poor to appalling now. CS is non existent. I reduced the frequency of my orders to them recently but I feel it’s now time to stop using them altogether. They’re reducing the amount of lockers (not increasing) and service times are slower now also.

I’d actually say you’ve a 1 in 4 chance of your parcel being lost currently. It’s like they’re winding down for Brexit.

And just for information I have received approx 200 parcels from them since 2016. So more than qualified to comment on their service!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Does anyone know what will happen to Parcel Motel's forwarding business from N.I. in the case of a hard Brexit?

I use it from time to time to buy stuff from the UK that only delivers to the UK (incl. NI), but I guess with no deal Brexit, Parcel Motel can't just drive the stuff over the border. Coming from UK to UK it won't even have custom declarations.

So does that business just die overnight next week if there is a no deal Brexit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

We don't even know if there will be Brexit! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Phoebas wrote:
    Does anyone know what will happen to Parcel Motel's forwarding business from N.I. in the case of a hard Brexit?

I was speaking to some PM employees recently and they say there has been absolutely nothing said to them at a corporate level from their new owners.
    They are all flying in the dark when it comes to Brexit. But....they said if there is a hard Brexit, they expect it to kill their business model, as they are not set up to handle the paperwork and associated costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have used this service three times in the last 6 months and sadly will not be using it again. Its an absolute joke the length of time it takes them to deliver an small package. 8 days the first time I used it, 13 last time and so far 7 days for the current package which looks like it may be delivered tomorrow or Saturday making it 8 or 9 days.

Their customer support is equally as bad and slow with them taking 3 or 4 days to respond to queries. What they usually do is simply ignore the query until the package has been delivered to the PM Locker and then respond saying your parcel was delivered.

I'm closing my account with them as there are at least 3 alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Couriers forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭scotchy

Nothing but hassle now.

All my parcels now facing huge delays after delivery.

My last parcel spent over a week in "In Transit", I rang them about it and it was re entered in their system. I noticed that they had charged me a second time for this, so had to ring them again to get refund as I wasn't letting them away with it.

Parcel before that was an urgently needed car part ordered from England, arrived at PM within 24HRs of ordering, I then face a frustrating 5 day wait before its stored.

Parcel Motel now my choice of last resort.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have used this service three times in the last 6 months and sadly will not be using it again. Its an absolute joke the length of time it takes them to deliver an small package. 8 days the first time I used it, 13 last time and so far 7 days for the current package which looks like it may be delivered tomorrow or Saturday making it 8 or 9 days.

Their customer support is equally as bad and slow with them taking 3 or 4 days to respond to queries. What they usually do is simply ignore the query until the package has been delivered to the PM Locker and then respond saying your parcel was delivered.

I'm closing my account with them as there are at least 3 alternatives.

Update on this, the package still hasn't been delivered so we're now into 11 days to get a package from Donegal to Meath. I emailed them last Thursday also and unsurprisingly haven't received any reply to it either.

They're a joke of a company and I will now take every opportunity to advise people how poor they actually are.

Update on this, the package still hasn't been delivered so we're now into 11 days to get a package from Donegal to Meath. I emailed them last Thursday also and unsurprisingly haven't received any reply to it either.

They're a joke of a company and I will now take every opportunity to advise people how poor they actually are.

I've stopped using them altogether. Pity, they used to be good, but the uncertainty of when an item will be delivered is unacceptable..... particularly when you see a quick dispatch from the seller and weeks later you're still waiting for Parcel Motel to do their job.

Yeah - I just noticed that I had some stuff checked in on Friday and Saturday and they are still sitting "In Transit".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭Sono

Package delivered to PM on Sunday, got the email and pic, no sign yesterday 2 days later, rang them and they said I would receive a pin last night, still nothing. Very frustrating

It seems they may have gotten too big for their boots and can’t handle the volume of business, such a shame because it used to be a flawless service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭Sono

Rang PM and not able to locate my parcel, glad I got the extended liability that is for sure.

What has happened to this company? Awful stuff

Advertisement