Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭all the bais

Parcel has been at Parcel Motel HQ for 3 days now. Third time in a row this has happened. Won't be using it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭Sono

Parcel has been at Parcel Motel HQ for 3 days now. Third time in a row this has happened. Won't be using it again.

Did you ring them? I’ve rang 3 times this week and didn’t get one satisfactory reply.

Sono wrote: »
    Did you ring them? I’ve rang 3 times this week and didn’t get one satisfactory reply.

I rang twice in the space of 30mins. The first call, the guy was really unhelpful, and asked me to provide original Amazon tracking number. I provided and he said he was unable to find any record of them receiving it. I mentioned I have the photo of it arriving at PM HQ. Was unable to help futher, so palmed me off asking to send proof of tracking ID's to support@PM.

Second call, girl said there was a delay on that line, and that I would have my stuff today.

I'll not hold my breath. They really were faultless at the start, now its fallen to ****e. Moving to DPD parcel wizard.

They asked me to send in invoice for mine also. Sent it in yesterday and today and got no reply.

Extremely frustrating to say the least

People answering their phones couldn’t care less either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

I went PM this week hoping to get stuff in locker by tomorrow.

Delivered this morning, but not checked in and after last time I reckon I wont see it until next week.

I was wondering tho - I thought it may be because I am using a city center PM - Would a less busty location be any better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭suave.4u

My parcel is IN-Transit from 09.04 (9 days!).
    I called PM and they said there was an issue on the 9th and they have a backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Judging by how quite this thread has been recently I can only assume that most of the regulars here have stopped using PM altogether.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Anyone used address pal? If so would you recommend?

Parcel just landed. All is well in the wolrd again.

Still nothing :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

I've been waiting 3 days for a package to come down to Newbridge from Dublin.
    Rang twice - first time they said it would be down that night (it wasn't)
    Today they said there had been a problem with the Newbridge PM and it would be delivered in the next 24 hours.

From what I'm reading here it looka more like something serious is wrong on their side

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

long_b wrote: »
    I've been waiting 3 days for a package to come down to Newbridge from Dublin.
    Rang twice - first time they said it would be down that night (it wasn't)
    Today they said there had been a problem with the Newbridge PM and it would be delivered in the next 24 hours.

From what I'm reading here it looka more like something serious is wrong on their side
    Really piddled off at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭suave.4u

My package is "IN TRANSIT" for the last 11 days now. No reply to any emails. Call centre guys says he will flag it...but nothing so far. Really pissed!!

1 week tmw since check in and still nothing. How long before they declare it lost and I can claim back my money?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Wed 17 Apr 16:36 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Thu 18 Apr 14:14 Waterford Package left depot
    Thu 18 Apr 23:31 Dublin Package arrived at sorting facility
    Fri 19 Apr 4:37 Galway Package received at depot

I'm in Mayo, would you say the above tracking info means they made some kind of mistake i.e. sent it in the wrong van! Guess it will be Tuesday at the earliest I'll get it now given the bank holiday weekend.

They’ve gone and checked my parcel in again and charged me again which I assume it means it has been found.

I also just realise the calls to their number aren’t free and I have racked up just shy of €20 ringing them, the item isn’t even for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Are they delivering today anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

AllForIt wrote: »
    Are they delivering today anyone know?

No. Earliest date will be Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Ordered something on Amazon Yesterday and it just checked in there now..

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Ordered something on Amazon Yesterday and it just checked in there now..

Only another week to wait so :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Only another week to wait so

I'll update

jimmynokia wrote: »
    I'll update

Seriously, I hope you get it fast & hassle free.

I don't understand what's going on here. I use PM a LOT. And apart from one or two problems which I've already mentioned I've not had any issues. Stuff's checked in and I get it a day or two later. No problem.

Of course, over the pre-Christmas period I understand it'll be a bit busier and might take a little longer. But PM give you warning and you order what you want in time.

Now - all of a sudden, people are having problems. I'm not getting it...

I don't understand what's going on here. I use PM a LOT. And apart from one or two problems which I've already mentioned I've not had any issues. Stuff's checked in and I get it a day or two later. No problem.

Of course, over the pre-Christmas period I understand it'll be a bit busier and might take a little longer. But PM give you warning and you order what you want in time.

Now - all of a sudden, people are having problems. I'm not getting it...

There really isn’t a whole lot to get to be honest. My issue is real and still ongoing, I have used PM a lot of times and this is the first time I’ve had any issue and it’s a major issue and happens to be the most expensive item I’ve purchased through them.

It will probably be sorted in the next couple of days but the follow up from them has been absolutely shocking.

Great service when it works like it has for you and for me many times, sadly their support is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

4 packages in transit since Thursday lunchtime......

Sono wrote: »
    There really isn’t a whole lot to get to be honest. My issue is real and still ongoing, I have used PM a lot of times and this is the first time I’ve had any issue and it’s a major issue and happens to be the most expensive item I’ve purchased through them.

It will probably be sorted in the next couple of days but the follow up from them has been absolutely shocking.

Great service when it works like it has for you and for me many times, sadly their support is a joke.

I have no doubt your issue is real as some of the others mentioned on here. But again - there's something I'm not understanding. I've had to call when my parcel's been missing and they did answer and deal with it. My parcel was found - seller didn't address it properly despite being given the correct address. Took a couple of weeks but they kept in touch via e-mail asking for feedback every time. You have to type the reply above the line in the mail.

I have no doubt your issue is real as some of the others mentioned on here. But again - there's something I'm not understanding. I've had to call when my parcel's been missing and they did answer and deal with it. My parcel was found - seller didn't address it properly despite being given the correct address. Took a couple of weeks but they kept in touch via e-mail asking for feedback every time. You have to type the reply above the line in the mail.

I have phoned them every day looking for my package, they have fobbed me off every time.

When I told them I got no reply to my email which I sent to support@parcemotel.com they located my email 3 days later saying it went into their spam folder.

The issues have not been on my end I have done everything I can, it’s all on them.

Right so folks an update....

Got a text this evening to say my parcel was ready for collection, happy days I said I’ve finally got my wife’s present, drove over to collect it, bin opens and there is fairly battered looking amazon parcel waiting for me which looked like it was opened, pull out the parcel I immediately think I’ve got the wrong package, have a look inside and the item is not what I ordered.

Won’t say more for now as I will allow PM to opportunity to reply to my mails and see what they say.

What a disaster

That's a real shame. I'm surprised but as you say, Sono wait and hear what PM have to say. I would also tell Amazon.

• Advertisement

That's a real shame. I'm surprised but as you say, Sono wait and hear what PM have to say. I would also tell Amazon.

I will get onto amazon too, there is tape on my parcel which states it was resealed during transit so it was definitely opened, if it was swapped it was cleverly done as it’s the shape of a box a mobile phone would arrive in.

Advertisement