Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Seriously, I hope you get it fast & hassle free.

Just checked into my locker.. That's remarkable lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Their customer service is so appalling.

I just had a "computer says no" type conversation with them because they have lost a parcel of mine and insist I send them the original email that ebay sent me with the invoice details. Of course, i dont keep those emails as its not necessary to keep those details - all of that info is available through paypal or ebay itself - why would I clutter up my inbox with them?

So I tell the girl I will send on the relevant info but oh no - computer says no - they need the original email. She cant explain WHY they need the original email - but she not only insists they do but gets argumentative when i explain why she doesnt.

In the end I just told her I found it and sent on the info in a pdf from paypal. I wonder how they would take to receiving a data access request under GDPR to know what they are doing with and how they are storing these original emails from ebay etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Anyone having problems with the new website?

Can't find the QR code anywhere for collecting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Judging by how quite this thread has been recently I can only assume that most of the regulars here have stopped using PM altogether.

Yeah I've not used it since before xmas whereas I'd have had a few orders a month with them before.

TBH their decline is only half the story, I'm an Amazon prime member and Prime 2 day shipping is only a few hours slower than PM would have been in their heyday - have to have an address you can get deliveries to though, I get everything sent to the office. For the rare occasion that it's a UK only item the 3-4 days for addresspal is a pain though.

Used to use it a few times a week up to end of last year, now I rarely use PM due to the long delays and lack of communication. It’s just too frustrating and I no longer need the stress!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

long_b wrote: »
    Really piddled off at this stage.

Got a text to say package is there now.
    7 days from depot to motel (granted it's over the double bank Holiday)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Password reset isn't working properly.

Is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’m looking to send a product back to the Uk

The supplier sent me the wrong model so I want to return it. They provided a Royal Mail prepaid stamp

Can I use parcel motel to get them to deliver to Royal Mail in NI then Royal Mail deliver it to the supplier?

How do I go about this? I have a PM account but I’ve never used it.

Thanks for any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Judging by how quite this thread has been recently I can only assume that most of the regulars here have stopped using PM altogether.
    People only post if they have issues. It's okay for myself, so only posting here as it came up on my feed.
    Can I use parcel motel to get them to deliver to Royal Mail in NI then Royal Mail deliver it to the supplier?
    Any chance it was one of these; https://www.parcelmotel.com/return/#return-brands

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

the_syco wrote: »
    People only post if they have issues. It's okay for myself, so only posting here as it came up on my feed.

Any chance it was one of these; https://www.parcelmotel.com/return/#return-brands

No. It was a 3rd party seller on amazon. I was hoping to send it through an post but they have told me that as the package has a battery in it they won’t deliver it to the Uk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think years ago I used PM with Royal Mail return label. Not sure though.

Alternatively, find someone who travels up North sometimes and ask them to post it for you from there. And obtain proof of postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭suave.4u

suave.4u wrote: »
    My package is "IN TRANSIT" for the last 11 days now. No reply to any emails. Call centre guys says he will flag it...but nothing so far. Really pissed!!

My item that was delivered to PM on 09.04 is still "In Transit". I had ordered 2 more items and they have been delivered. Looks like one of the item was opened up.
    I think they have lost the initial item! What to do now? No reply to emails etc.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

When did their site get updated?

My profile says I have not received any parcels etc when I had over 500 pages with 5/6 parcels on each till date including 4 today that I got mails for.

Balance is also blank.

Everything else also wiped off the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shortbread

dan786 wrote: »
    When did their site get updated?

My profile says I have not received any parcels etc when I had over 500 pages with 5/6 parcels on each till date including 4 today that I got mails for.

Balance is also blank.

Everything else also wiped off the account.

Same thing with my account. I was trying to track a returned parcel and my whole account seems to be blank with no information. Hopefully a temporary glitch today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭scotchy

Concerning.. the new site was working for me , and also showing the correct balance. the Site is gone now???

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

The website is working ok for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭scotchy

Back now. Balance is there. all my transactions seem to be there.

Possibly a few teething problems with the new site

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭Sono

No reply from these lads since complaint logged Monday evening, almost 3 full business days since, I have done all the chasing and it has been a truly horrific experience dealing with them.

Any time I speak to anyone they won’t give me the name of the manager nor their email address. Rang again today and was told I would get a call back this afternoon with an update and still nothing, not hopeful of getting one either.

Their service is fantastic once you don’t run into any issues with it cos from my experience once you do then it is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

I cannot log in to my account - cannot check balance. Changed password and it still won't allow me to log in. Awaiting about 5 parcels. Fúcking idiot clowns. I find a visit to their head office in Finglas works wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

I cannot log in to my account - cannot check balance. Changed password and it still won't allow me to log in. Awaiting about 5 parcels. Fúcking idiot clowns. I find a visit to their head office in Finglas works wonders.

They told me at lunchtime it would all be fixed by this evening. :rolleyes:

I have post on the way and need to top up the balance.

• Advertisement

Sono wrote: »
    No reply from these lads since complaint logged Monday evening, almost 3 full business days since, I have done all the chasing and it has been a truly horrific experience dealing with them.

Any time I speak to anyone they won’t give me the name of the manager nor their email address. Rang again today and was told I would get a call back this afternoon with an update and still nothing, not hopeful of getting one either.

Their service is fantastic once you don’t run into any issues with it cos from my experience once you do then it is a joke.

Surprise surprise no follow up call today after being promised one, they really could not give a ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

I have had a litany of issues over the last couple of weeks, where i had three parcels waiting for collection in a Parcel Motel locker only that the doors would not open for any of them. I emailed immediately that the locker was not working and PM only responded 3 days later (it was over the weekend) saying they were sending someone to look at it.
    I asked if i should reroute packages to another locker only to be told it would be fixed that day.
    3 days later locker is not operational and I am told that they removed my parcels from the broken locker and cannot locate them again and they will pass on my details to the claims department.
    In the meantime i have more parcels en-route but no way of getting them unless i change locker to my next nearest locker. Two days later i receive an email to collect my parcels from a completely different location and one of the parcels is not even mine(Similar Name - different PM Number).
    The website change has also resulted in the loss of the support function so i am waiting for a reply to my email to arrange the return of someone else's package (lowish value but bulky). The service has gone to pot really but is still more convenient for me than AddressPal or Parcel Wizard as i can't get items delivered to work.
    I am still waiting for refund of lost items

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cunavalos wrote: »
    The service has gone to pot really but is still more convenient for me than AddressPal or Parcel Wizard as i can't get items delivered to work.
    I am still waiting for refund of lost items

Doesnt sound conveintant wasting time contacting Nightline.

Can you send to Parcel wizard and have them left at a local shop?
    They hold parcels for 6 days at there 'pickup points', they have 600 to choose from around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

It's back working for me now. Phew.

Im now 3 weeks chasing a missing parcel. No response to emails. Fobbed off on the phone.

If someone has the name of a manager in PM would they mind letting me know and also their email address? The guys on the phone refusing to share this information with me. Thanks

Sono wrote: »
    If someone has the name of a manager in PM would they mind letting me know and also their email address? The guys on the phone refusing to share this information with me. Thanks

If you google "parcel motel manager" the first link is her linkedin.

They called, parcel is gone and cannot be found. Full refund being issued.

I find it worrying that I received a "parcel delivered" from eBay on Saturday morning and still no check in email from parcel motel....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Has the ability to collect via QR code gone ?

Advertisement