Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

....... wrote: »
    I find it worrying that I received a "parcel delivered" from eBay on Saturday morning and still no check in email from parcel motel....
    It's not just you😡

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Have landed in a bit of a situation in using Parcel Motel for the first time, and am wondering if anybody else might have been in the same?

Basically, I dug an old PlayStation 2 out of the attic last week, bought ten games from musicmagpie.co.uk for £2 to £3 STG each (my first time to use Music Magpie), then set up a Parcel Motel account for delivery, since Music Magpie only delivers to UK.

Expected to have to pay a standard €3.95 Parcel Motel fee for a delivery of a single box with ten items in it.

Now, I've got a stack of mails from Music Magpie to say all items were dispatched individually, rather than together, since 'items are sent as they become available from our warehouse'. This probably means I'll end up being hit with TEN Parcel Motel fees, instead of just one?

I see nowhere on the Music Magpie website that says they do this, so there's no way I could have anticipated this. Have I any hope of not having to pay ten times of what I expected to pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

ChopShop wrote: »
    It's not just you��

I think it has showed up (well I am collecting something this evening).

But still no response on my missing parcel despite several emails from me requesting an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

I find it worrying that I received a "parcel delivered" from eBay on Saturday morning and still no check in email from parcel motel....

Same here. Jokeshop. Wouldn't bother with their Linkedin Manager - she is the manager of a shíthouse and acts accordingly - no response.

Have they gone under?

I mean, their customer service has always been bad - but this is abysmal lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Have they gone under?

I mean, their customer service has always been bad - but this is abysmal lately.

I had to contact them lately over a missing parcel.
    Amazon said expected delivery date was the18th., Come the 24th,no sign.

Contacted the seller, got the tracking details, and that showed that it had been delivered on the 3rd.

Contacted Parcel motel, and within 10min, I had an email saying that my package was mislabeled, and that I would have it the following day.

Excellent service.

(The seller left out the pm number on the address)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Still no response from PM to this tweet from a couple of weeks back - thousands of people are seeing what their staff are like, but they are burying their heads in the sand

https://twitter.com/Dub14Blockers/status/1118049103114571776?s=19

mikeecho wrote: »
    Contacted Parcel motel, and within 10min,

What was the method of contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

i received a parcel to my motel last night from them, even though I dont have anything ordered!

Picked it up and its a packet of envelopes from amazon. Dont have anything on order with amazon.

Theres someone elses name on the parcel but with my PM number on it. Maybe someone ordered and put in the wrong PM number that happened to be mine?

Emailed them last night about it and awaiting a response. Have already been charged for the delivery so looking to return the item and a full refund.

What was the method of contact?

Thru the website.

Filled out some online forms.. think it was under. "Where's my package"

Edit.

• Advertisement

Still no response from PM to this tweet from a couple of weeks back - thousands of people are seeing what their staff are like, but they are burying their heads in the sand

Once my stuff arrives, I couldn't care less if they parked on top of a nun.

Thru the website.

Filled out some online forms.. think it was under. "Where's my package"

Edit.

Cheers.

I notice they dont show the tracking number on the website (the royal mail or whatever carrier tracking number). They used to didnt they?

Once my stuff arrives, I couldn't care less if they parked on top of a nun.

When the nun turns out to be a member of your family, you might start to care. Or when the person injured as a result of their dangerous parking is a member of your family, you might start to care.

And regardless of your opinion on their parking, the unprofessional 'ostrich method' approach to public relations is not too clever.

the unprofessional 'ostrich method' approach to public relations all customer contact is not too clever.

FYP

I have been using Amazon more and more and simply sending things to work.

When the nun turns out to be a member of your family, you might start to care. Or when the person injured as a result of their dangerous parking is a member of your family, you might start to care.

And regardless of your opinion on their parking, the unprofessional 'ostrich method' approach to public relations is not too clever.

AFAIK all those PM drivers are self employed.

PM don't care what they do or what parking/speeding fines they get.

It is bad for their corporate image.. but as I've said.. they don't care.

I admit my last post was in jest

Whoever posted that is a bit of a moron

1) He wasn't on a footpath, he was on a dropped kerb

2) He's allowed to unload in a non-mandatory cycle lane for up to 30 minutes

I'm sure the 10s (thousands, lol) of potential customers seeing that tweet are shaking their head in disgust at the driver, not shaking their head at yet another ignorant cyclist busybody giving other cyclists a bad rep.

If someone decided to stop and try give me abuse for doing something perfectly legal, giving them the finger doesn't exactly seem THE WORST THING EVER.

AFAIK all those PM drivers are self employed.

PM don't care what they do or what parking/speeding fines they get.

It is bad for their corporate image.. but as I've said.. they don't care.

I admit my last post was in jest

You're right, they don't care - but they need to start caring. Why would you invest in branding vehicles and have the drivers destroying your corporate reputation at every turn.

Whoever posted that is a bit of a moron

1) He wasn't on a footpath, he was on a dropped kerb

2) He's allowed to unload in a non-mandatory cycle lane for up to 30 minutes

I'm sure the 10s (thousands, lol) of potential customers seeing that tweet are shaking their head in disgust at the driver, not shaking their head at yet another ignorant cyclist busybody giving other cyclists a bad rep.

If someone decided to stop and try give me abuse for doing something perfectly legal, giving them the finger doesn't exactly seem THE WORST THING EVER.

1) The dropped kerb IS the footpath. Parking on the footpath is illegal - anywhere, any time, any duration.

If you look at the replies to the original tweet, you'll get a clear picture of what most people were concerned about.

Giving the finger is indeed not 'the worst thing ever'. Failing to respond to a viral image of one of your staff giving the finger is incredibly unprofessional.

Dropped kerb isn't a footpath, I'm not sure why you're showing a pedestrian area on O'Connell Street - probably because you were caught waffling.

The relevant legislation is:

S.I. 182/1997
    36 Prohibitions on Parking

36. (1) Save as otherwise provided for in these Regulations and subject to article 5, a vehicle shall not be parked on a public road at a location, in a manner or for a purpose referred to in this article.

( i ) on a footway, a grass margin or a median strip;

Footway, as defined by the Roads Act, 1993;
    “footpath” means a road over which there is a public right of way for pedestrians only, not being a footway;

“footway” means that portion of any road associated with a roadway which is provided primarily for use by pedestrians;

A dropped kerb for vehicular entrance to a private residence is not a footpath. By law, it cannot be as it is not reserved for pedestrians only.

A dropped kerb for vehicular entrance to a private residence is not a footway. By law, it cannot be as it is primarily for use by vehicles.

As I said, the cyclist was an ignorant moron. I'm not sure why you're so desperate to join him by refusing to accept the facts in this situation namely

1) The driver was entitled by law to park in the cycle lane

2) The driver was entitled by law to park on the dropped kerb

As for PM, they seem to be back to normal for me. 3 deliveries in the last week and all (bar one delivered on saturday morning up North and taking til Monday evening) are normal.

Dropped kerb isn't a footpath, I'm not sure why you're showing a pedestrian area on O'Connell Street - probably because you were caught waffling.

The relevant legislation is:

S.I. 182/1997

Footway, as defined by the Roads Act, 1993;

A dropped kerb for vehicular entrance to a private residence is not a footpath. By law, it cannot be as it is not reserved for pedestrians only.

A dropped kerb for vehicular entrance to a private residence is not a footway. By law, it cannot be as it is primarily for use by vehicles.

As I said, the cyclist was an ignorant moron. I'm not sure why you're so desperate to join him by refusing to accept the facts in this situation namely

1) The driver was entitled by law to park in the cycle lane

2) The driver was entitled by law to park on the dropped kerb
    Interesting interpretation. So just to be clear, if I park on the dropped kerb in front of your driveway and head off for the day, I will be parked completely legally and there will be nothing you can do about it, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Mod: can we please go back to the topic, thread is about the PM service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

nava wrote: »
    Mod: can we please go back to the topic, thread is about the PM service

but someone on the internet is wrong!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

Back on topic, I had an oversized parcel delivered up north last Sunday, tracking on PM website shows it arrived in my local depot later that night. Never got a text so I swung out to check for it on Monday and they couldn't find it. Emailed customer support every day since, no reply to any. Called support yesterday and they said they can't find the parcel in the depot and will ring when they do!! Last time using them I think, service has dropped massively. Parcel Wizard from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

Personally I havent had any of the issues outlined by some on this thread, outside of the christmas period, but to be honest I anticipated delays then and it turned out the seller did not include the PM number and was sorted out fairly quick when I chased it up, I have found with some oversize items and collections they dont notify you when they are ready to be picked up so a phone call to them has been helpful for me.
    it could be down to where Im based and the PM locker Ive registered with (East Cork) so probably not a high volume spot compared to some.

Just my own experience

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Anyone ever used PM with Footlocker in the UK? They have some nice runners atm I want and a 25% off code which makes it very appealing but don't ship to Ireland. They also state they won't deliver to PO boxes so I'm wondering does PM fall under this?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Anyone ever used PM with Footlocker in the UK? They have some nice runners atm I want and a 25% off code which makes it very appealing but don't ship to Ireland. They also state they won't deliver to PO boxes so I'm wondering does PM fall under this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

baldshin wrote: »
    Back on topic, I had an oversized parcel delivered up north last Sunday, tracking on PM website shows it arrived in my local depot later that night. Never got a text so I swung out to check for it on Monday and they couldn't find it. Emailed customer support every day since, no reply to any. Called support yesterday and they said they can't find the parcel in the depot and will ring when they do!! Last time using them I think, service has dropped massively. Parcel Wizard from now on.

Update....got a reply! They're claiming the item was damaged on arrival and returned to the sender...despite the fact that it was accepted in Antrim and transferred to my local depot! They're telling me to contact the sender about it but I've replied saying once they accepted it, it's their problem.

Have they gone under?

Finally a response. They cannot find my parcel and have claimed they will refund me - but I have yet to see the refund......so the case continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Finally a response. They cannot find my parcel and have claimed they will refund me - but I have yet to see the refund......so the case continues!

Tell them to check their parcel mountain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Raekwondo wrote: »

AFAIK, Foot Locker will not deliver to PM. Is there anyone in the UK you can send it to?

Advertisement