Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Folks,does anyone know if a parcel arrives in a locker at 3pm on a Saturday,will they take it back on Monday or would you have until Tuesday given the bank holiday?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I had a strange one today, received a text and email notification for a parcel to be collected. I went and entered the texted pin code but it wasn't recognised.
    Finally double checked the email and it was a different pin code that had been sent.
    The emailed pin code worked ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Used parcel for the first time in quite a while (last time was about September 2017). Ordered from an amazon 3rd party seller on Wednesday evening - who didn't deliver to RoI -, so I used the virtual Newtownabbey address. Got an email Friday yesterday about 4pm to say that the package arrive at parcel motel HQ and to allow 24 hours for parcel to be delivered to the local motel collection point.

As of typing this post I haven't yet received any further messages, I'm thinking maybe things are running slow due to bank holiday weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    [...] I'm thinking maybe things are running slow due to bank holiday weekend?

They have permanent bank holiday weekend over there, I'd say. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Used parcel for the first time in quite a while (last time was about September 2017). Ordered from an amazon 3rd party seller on Wednesday evening - who didn't deliver to RoI -, so I used the virtual Newtownabbey address. Got an email Friday yesterday about 4pm to say that the package arrive at parcel motel HQ and to allow 24 hours for parcel to be delivered to the local motel collection point.

As of typing this post I haven't yet received any further messages, I'm thinking maybe things are running slow due to bank holiday weekend?

Yes, things are slower due to the BH. You should get the parcel on Tues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Depends where you are. Had a parcel delivered to Belfast at 11am yesterday, check in Dublin depot at 3pm and stored at 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

I too have noticed a big slow down in recent week. Two parcels taking 3 days from when I got the initial email, to being ready for collection. I use the Applegreen on Merrion Road in Dublin; it was out of action for a month or two and now seems to be back on a reduced capacity basis. Or maybe they are just much slower than before? Either way it is putting me off using it. I did email them about one delay, which they ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

I seem to be one of the lucky ones in that I haven't noticed any slow down on my deliveries. My latest was delivered to Belfast on Thursday morning, I got an email around 5.30 that evening saying it was in the Dublin depot and it was in the locker in Drogheda at 10.25pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Went to collect an oversize parcel yesterday around 4pm in Finglas but they were closed.

Website says they're open until 6pm on Sundays though, as did the sign on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Item delivered Friday to PM in Antrim. Confirmed this with the seller (package was signed for). Three days later, no PM notification, no email, nothing. Hope it's due to the BH weekend.

Have emailed them twice at this point with no reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

I'm thinking about using PM for sending a package to the uk.

It is going to either samsung or MTR as part of a trade in offer. I'm still waiting for the exact shipping details from them but it should have freepost by royal mail.

Can anyone with experience advise if it is a good idea to use PM for this purpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I was the same. The package was delivered very early Friday morning. Only after receiving the notification now. Will remember that for any future BH weekends.
    Item delivered Friday to PM in Antrim. Confirmed this with the seller (package was signed for). Three days later, no PM notification, no email, nothing. Hope it's due to the BH weekend.

Have emailed them twice at this point with no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Some people really having bad luck with PM... Not me tho, for 99% of the time everything still as fast as ever with them!

Ordered from Amazon (Prime) on Thursday night at 9 pm, dispatched Friday morning was in the north Saturday afternoon at 3 pm and was in my PM Saturday night at 10 pm with an email sent.

happy chappy.

I'm hit and miss with them....

Broke a TV on me and lost a parcel, then there's the not commicating their hours if changed etc, which most people would understand if they just made sure their customers were informed.

Had another TV delivered recently and asked for it to be delivered to my address. Feared the worst as it was covered in their repair tape, and even the delivery guy (who lives local) advised me to open it in front of him so I could refuse it if damaged...but all was well inside thankfully.

When they're good though, I really like their service, especially these days with AnPost putting their costs up.

^^^Ive found An Post very good and very efficient though. I’ll be choosing them over PM in the future given my past experiences with PM .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

One of my slower packages this time,checked into Antrim Saturday landed in Dublin last night still not in locker, Probably a bank holiday weekend with less linehaul coming down from the north

^^^Ive found An Post very good and very efficient though. I’ll be choosing them over PM in the future given my past experiences with PM .

No complaints with AnPost but that new €8 price for sending anything over 100g is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

No complaints with AnPost but that new €8 price for sending anything over 100g is crazy.

And 14Euro for anything between 1 and 2Kgs! Minimum price with PM is 14.50 which used to include a tracking option on their website (which now seems to have disappeared along with the QR code shortcut to collect a package).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Parcel signed at 9am yesterday in Antrim, only showing up as checked in at 09:50 today. 24 hrs to check in a parcel is an awful service.

Parcel signed at 9am yesterday in Antrim, only showing up as checked in at 09:50 today. 24 hrs to check in a parcel is an awful service.

Seriously? How long does An Post take to deliver post to you after they receive it at the sorting office, I wonder??:rolleyes:

Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

....... wrote: »
    Finally a response. They cannot find my parcel and have claimed they will refund me - but I have yet to see the refund......so the case continues!

Still no sign of my refund.

I think they just hope you will forget about the issue because its taking so long to be resolved.

Seriously? How long does An Post take to deliver post to you after they receive it at the sorting office, I wonder??:rolleyes:

Ridiculous.

I can post a letter today and it’ll be delivered tomorrow morning most places in Ireland. What’s your point?
    24 hours after my package has been signed for in Parcel motel, it’s still sitting in their depot.
    Go roll your eyes at someone else.
    Ridiculous

I can post a letter today and it’ll be delivered tomorrow morning most places in Ireland. What’s your point?
    24 hours after my package has been signed for in Parcel motel, it’s still sitting in their depot.
    Go roll your eyes at someone else.
    Ridiculous

You ARE being ridiculous. Don't like the service offered? Find another provider. You have freedom of choice, It's not rocket science...Sheesh!:rolleyes:

You ARE being ridiculous. Don't like the service offered? Find another provider. You have freedom of choice, It's not rocket science...Sheesh!:rolleyes:

So how long have you worked for parcel motel then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Ask him what he does with all the drugs.

I don't and never have. Next childish question?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: Hardtochoose and MissShihTzu cut it out. Questioning where someone works is taboo on boards, and leads to a ban. Back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Geminigal

Hi all

I just got a text and an email from parcel motel saying I have no funds in my account so need to top up to collect a parcel. I have not ordered anything so don't understand this?? Can anyone shed any light on it.. Can someone else send you something to your account?? Its very strange. I've changed my password etc... And I'm not sure I've ever used it before!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The fact they have your email and mobile number suggests you've signed up previously. Maybe you used it for a freebie a while ago and now they're just sending you marketing crap.

If they emailed you, there will be a photo of what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I assume someone screwed up and mistakenly put your PMID on a parcel instead of their own.

Advertisement