Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Geminigal wrote: »
    Hi all

I just got a text and an email from parcel motel saying I have no funds in my account so need to top up to collect a parcel. I have not ordered anything so don't understand this?? Can anyone shed any light on it.. Can someone else send you something to your account?? Its very strange. I've changed my password etc... And I'm not sure I've ever used it before!!

What password have you changed? What haven't you used before?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Could be someone you previously ordered from using PM address now sending you something else, possibly even a freebie of some type

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

could just be some promotional material from a company you previously ordered from, be a pain in the hole to pay for a flyer

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Geminigal

Ah thanks guys... Its saying I need to pay 3.95 to get the goods... Can't remember using it before to be honest but obviously set up an account at some stage. Will ring them tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sereneone

I cannot top up my account - the new look website has no top up option when i log into my account - where how can i top up ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged with PM sticky thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Sereneone wrote: »
    I cannot top up my account - the new look website has no top up option when i log into my account - where how can i top up ?

Payments button on the top bar.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I hadn't used PM for years but with An Post raising prices i decided to use their send service to an Irish address. I left the item in the locker at 8pm Friday. The latest update on the website is OUTBOUND at 14.29 dated today.
    Would this suggest the package will be delivered tomorrow? Any others have experience of sending packages within Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

Sorry if this is already in thread.

I'm looking to return an item from Amazon via parcel motel. Amazon have given me a Royal Mail QR code.
    I've followed the flow for returning on PM website and they have given me a printable label for the package.

Now how do I combine the two? Print the QR code and put it on the package too? Even though under the Amazon QR code it says "Ensure that there are no other tracking labels attached to your package."

Step 3 on this page claims to have a guide, but when I click on it I get an "Oops The page you were looking for doesn't exist".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Contact Amazon and ask for an Irish return label, it's a lot less hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thejaguar

I've had a search around and can't see if anyone has had a similar experience - hoping to get some advice.

I recently ordered about €300 worth of stuff from Amazon. The package arrived in PM - I got an email including the photo of the item on a Sunday evening. After that, nothing.

At the end of the week I called and they said they'd look into. After about 5 weeks of back and forth (all of which was me chasing) I've just been told I can have a €100 refund- that's their max liability.

I see it's in the T&Cs but it seems crazy to me - they had the parcel and now its disappeared leaving me out of pocket to the tune of €200.

I'd be interested if anyone had a similar experience and how it worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

thejaguar wrote: »
    I've had a search around and can't see if anyone has had a similar experience - hoping to get some advice.

I recently ordered about €300 worth of stuff from Amazon. The package arrived in PM - I got an email including the photo of the item on a Sunday evening. After that, nothing.

At the end of the week I called and they said they'd look into. After about 5 weeks of back and forth (all of which was me chasing) I've just been told I can have a €100 refund- that's their max liability.

I see it's in the T&Cs but it seems crazy to me - they had the parcel and now its disappeared leaving me out of pocket to the tune of €200.

I'd be interested if anyone had a similar experience and how it worked out.

When you use the service you have the option to extend your liability cover if the value of your purchase is greater than €100.

If you did not do this? I see little or no hope of you recovering anymore than the €100.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I went to collect a book from Amazon today and two lockers opened so I had to check both parcels to see which one was mine. The second locker looked like a mobile phone. I could have easily taken it and whoever ordered it would have been left with a €100 cheque from parcel motel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Went to collect something last week and a locker was open when I arrived with a parcel in it. I closed it and carried on but I could easily have taken it.

Thats about the fifth time that has happened me now, either a locker open when I arrived or 2 open when I enter my pin. It shows you on the screen which locker is opening for you pin so you should know which parcel it your without examining both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I tried to send a parcel today and the computer screen kept saying invalid number. Lucky I could go to the depot and they accepted it, they said it might have been cos the motel was full.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Can anyone tell me if I send a parcel by PM tomorrow when will my friend in Mayo expect to be able to collect

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mcgrate

conti wrote: »
    Sorry if this is already in thread.

I'm looking to return an item from Amazon via parcel motel. Amazon have given me a Royal Mail QR code.
    I've followed the flow for returning on PM website and they have given me a printable label for the package.

Now how do I combine the two? Print the QR code and put it on the package too? Even though under the Amazon QR code it says "Ensure that there are no other tracking labels attached to your package."

Step 3 on this page claims to have a guide, but when I click on it I get an "Oops The page you were looking for doesn't exist".

Hi Just wondering if this worked? were you able to return via PM using royal mail label from ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

yup ive done it, go to parcelmotel returns, and royalmail, they then deliver it to royal mail

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

slow as anything, sometimes takes 2 days to collect, expect 3 to 5 days before drop off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Hey everyone,

I've ordered a packed from the Netherlands to my parcel motel but I forgot to put the country on it, everything else is there including dublin and the post code, will I still recieve it?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

I have sent a parcel motel from 1 locker to another locker here in Ireland. It was sent yesterday at 2.30 it says give it 24 from when you log it into the locker.

Maybe I'm misreading the delivery times but can anyone tell me when it should be available for collection. Sent 2 .23 on Friday?

Thank you in advance.

Mod: please don’t do multiple posts on the same subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Folks - I registered for ParcelMotel yesterday and want to order from Next UK......while the NI address works, PM don't give a telephone number to go with the address - Next UK need a phone number also

Any tips, or learnings from experience please?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

I've always used my own number when using parcel motel, never had any issues.

jimmy86 wrote: »
    I've always used my own number when using parcel motel, never had any issues.

it's the Next site that's looking for a UK number :(

028 9084 8411

That's the number for Parcel Motel in Antrim, hopefully that will get you through the checkout process!

jimmy86 wrote: »
    028 9084 8411

That's the number for Parcel Motel in Antrim, hopefully that will get you through the checkout process!

LEGEND - THANKS!!!

No probs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CitySlicker19

Hi there

I returned a parcel to Amazon using Parcel Motel. The return label Amazon gave me is a Hermes one but the label number doesn't work on Hermes' website tracking, and the parcel motel status stopped updating as of 8.30 Friday morning with "Collect." I'm a bit worried that something has gone wrong with the return, and there doesn't seem to be a way to verify receipt of the parcel by the second carrier. Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,638 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If it was taken from PM on Friday morning I would give it until Monday early afternoon to show up on another system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 CitySlicker19

L1011 wrote: »
    If it was taken from PM on Friday morning I would give it until Monday early afternoon to show up on another system.

Yep I will do. Returns via another carrier is an area that parcel motel could really improve on. As the customer I have no visibility as to what's going on as their returns tracking doesn't seem to be working, and there is no proof of receipt given to the customer from the second carrier . If the second carrier loses it, it seems like it's tough luck.

Advertisement