Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Couriers forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

I've sent a few parcels to UK with pm, they are very slow to collect parcels from lockers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CitySlicker19

I've sent a few parcels to UK with pm, they are very slow to collect parcels from lockers

I checked the tracking and it was collected by Hermes on Friday morning at 8.30. There is a serious flaw in this system as it doesn't seem like there's any recourse if something goes wrong in the handover. I asked PM for a receipt from Hermes and I was just told very abruptly that Hermes don't provide receipts, so I've no proof that it ever made it to Hermes. Think I'll be sticking to An Post returns in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CitySlicker19

The Hermes tracker has started showing registered the parcel as of this morning

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yep I will do. Returns via another carrier is an area that parcel motel could really improve on. As the customer I have no visibility as to what's going on as their returns tracking doesn't seem to be working, and there is no proof of receipt given to the customer from the second carrier . If the second carrier loses it, it seems like it's tough luck.

It’s not really their service, they are just offering the facility to get things back that were originally sent into the forwarding service. It’s not like they are taking control of the shipment back to its origin. It’s a system that’s ripe for disaster the way it’s set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

Is it just me or has the service level from Parcel Motel deteriorated hugely recently?

A package was delivered to them in Newtownabbey at 8am on Friday 28th June (I have a copy of the signed confirmation). Still not delivered to the locker/ no notification from them.

For all of the years I have used them, it was pretty certain that the parcel would be delivered to the locker on the day they received it, even if that was a Friday or Saturday. But in last few months this is no longer the case - there are regular unexplained delays of a few days from receipt in Newtownabbey to delivery to the locker.

It was a great service, but with Brexit coming and the fact that items coming from the UK will attract VAT @ 23% (+ duties?), maybe its days are numbered, and they are winding it down???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Can't say that I've noticed any difference.

Just looking at everything this year, up to two weeks ago. All of them bar one that was delivered to Newtownabbey on a Sunday were in my locker on the same day or just after midnight. Everything was "checked in" on the same day that RoyalMail/DPD delivered it. Local locker is in the D14/D16 (depending on who you ask and what side of the road you are on)

G3Q5HNT.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

lotmc wrote: »
    Is it just me or has the service level from Parcel Motel deteriorated hugely recently?

A package was delivered to them in Newtownabbey at 8am on Friday 28th June (I have a copy of the signed confirmation). Still not delivered to the locker/ no notification from them.

For all of the years I have used them, it was pretty certain that the parcel would be delivered to the locker on the day they received it, even if that was a Friday or Saturday. But in last few months this is no longer the case - there are regular unexplained delays of a few days from receipt in Newtownabbey to delivery to the locker.

It was a great service, but with Brexit coming and the fact that items coming from the UK will attract VAT @ 23% (+ duties?), maybe its days are numbered, and they are winding it down???

Go back a few pages, or a lot of pages, and you’ll find it’s a pretty common complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

lotmc wrote: »

I was a regular user but it has gone so far downhill and lost several packages and some tickets still outstanding, Perfect chance also to sell to An Post with the infrastructure there. UPS who now own dont seem to care but also fits with amazon and same for an post

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I had a parcel arrive the other week to NI -confirmed to me via tracking.
    After a couple of days it still hadn't appeared on the PM system, so I logged it on the PM find my parcel option and it was found instantly. The seller had left some info off the address.
    Apparently it's a common occurrence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

leck wrote: »
    ah, answering my own question. Got on to Amazon chat and after an initial response about sending me a Royal Mail return label, conceded Ireland wasn't in the UK and have sent me an AnPost return label. That was easier than I was expecting.

Has anyone else tried this?. I would have thought that when yo uuse AddressPal/Parcel Wizard etc. it's becuase the item doesn't ship to Ireland so I would have thought Amazon weren't under any obligation to provide a return label from outside of the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 elcosmito

Ordered a few items from currys uk and they were delivered to parcell motel
    In total 5 items
    Got email from PM as they have my parcel with the photo of package
    Parcel delivered then to the motel and that's the one from photo sent by email
    But there is only 2 items of 5 inside
    Anyone had an issue like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Do Nightline deliver to home addresses?
    I want to send a package to another member but upon entering the full address including postcode on the website a message displays stating we do not deliver to postboxes. The nearest locker is twenty five miles away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

After 500 parcels, PM have managed to lose a parcel for me the first time and that too an expensive one.

They got it on Saturday and checked into account with picture on Sunday and nothing since and have no update and are saying will take 14 days to search warehouse.

Just upped the liability on account after reading their full terms and conditions. It doesnt say when the liability starts from. So they cant come up and say you purchased that after they received the parcel.Technically they still have the Parcel and haven't officially said they have lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Idioteque wrote: »
    Has anyone else tried this?. I would have thought that when yo uuse AddressPal/Parcel Wizard etc. it's becuase the item doesn't ship to Ireland so I would have thought Amazon weren't under any obligation to provide a return label from outside of the UK?

They don't have too but Amazon CS is very good.
    For awhile, they wouldn't give an AnPost pre-paid return label, but if you paid for the postage they would refund the amount.

Picked up a parcel today and the box was ripped open. Had to carry the items out bit by bit as the box was falling apart. Seems like this is becoming a more common occurrence?

These must be on strike parcels checked in on Wed and still no sign of them service has gone p1ss poor

:edit: working now sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PMSC6

I ordered a parcel to Parcel Motel and it was delivered at 11:53am but I haven’t gotten a check in email from Parcel Motel and I’m worried that it was sent somewhere else.

Do they get sent a lot of parcels and mine could just be at the end and will get scanned later?

Also do all parcels get searched? Country my parcel is from is Poland.

Also they say it can take up to 8 hours for the Parxel to be checked in.

PMSC6 wrote: »
    I ordered a parcel to Parcel Motel and it was delivered at 11:53am but I haven’t gotten a check in email from Parcel Motel and I’m worried that it was sent somewhere else.

Do they get sent a lot of parcels and mine could just be at the end and will get scanned later?

Also do all parcels get searched? Country my parcel is from is Poland.

Also they say it can take up to 8 hours for the Parxel to be checked in.

They can be scanned in as late at 9pm from my experience or sometime even next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 javiercarrillo

I've used them in the past with no problem but this time I'm afraid there might be one?

I got a parcel delivered with DPD to their Antrim warehouse yesterday at 8:30 am (got the consignment confirmation from DPD as "signed by Wherr") however, until now at 6pm, I see no sign of my parcel in their systems.

I rang them and they were not able to find it with my PM or DPD tracking numbers. They said I should open a support ticket, which I've done.

Just hoping my parcel didn't get lost...:(

Closed my account. They discarded a parcel of mine without even getting in touch ,Had enough..It checked in on a tuesday,come friday no sign of it then i got in touch and they said its been either thrown out or given away. BS.

I've called them yesterday and told me to send invoice to their support e-mail. No answer so I called today with no concrete answer other than "oh, we'll look into that".

At this point I don't feel like I'm talking with someone accountable. Does anyone have a better contact/number I can talk to?

This is really not great.

Thanks

Also, I guess for comfort as I wait (-__-), has anyone experienced this kind of check-in delay but, in the end, received their parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

sorry if this has been asked before but anyone know is it possible to get large items delivered via Parcel Motel ( TV )

thinking of getting a new tv and the prices on Amazon Prime differ greatly in value when you're paying in £ compared to the shops down here.

example

50 inch Samsung in Harvey Norman = €569

Same telly on Amazon Prime - £448 (€490 with Revolut Exchange rate)

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    sorry if this has been asked before but anyone know is it possible to get large items delivered via Parcel Motel ( TV )

thinking of getting a new tv and the prices on Amazon Prime differ greatly in value when you're paying in £ compared to the shops down here.

example

It is possible.

But I would recommend just buying from HN.

Parcel Motel is too much hassle nowadays.

I've never really had an issue with Parcel Motel personally. FInd it a great service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I've never really had an issue with Parcel Motel personally. FInd it a great service

Me neither. Never had s problem. I use it regularly. Used it to return stuff too.
    No problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

example

You can but it will be an oversize parcel and you will be charged the parcel motel fee plus the oversized fee if you collect from Depot & extra again to have it actually delivered to your home.

The size & delicacy of the item leaves it susceptible to damage too.

Is the small saving after all that including the risk of damage worth it?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

You can but it will be an oversize parcel and you will be charged the parcel motel fee plus the oversized fee if you collect from Depot & extra again to have it actually delivered to your home.

The size & delicacy of the item leaves it susceptible to damage too.

Is the small saving after all that including the risk of damage worth it?

thanks for the advice.

I have a friend up the North, I think I will just get it delivered to their house instead.

Advertisement