Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    thanks for the advice.

I have a friend up the North, I think I will just get it delivered to their house instead.

Yeah but the risk of damage is the same and you still have to either drive up north (petrol, tolls and time) or get your friend to ship it down (another pricey fee plus additional risk of damage)

I'd just pay the extra to buy it in HN myself.
    Me neither. Never had s problem. I use it regularly. Used it to return stuff too.
    No problems.

Used it a few times a month for years without issue, then had 5 parcels in a row go missing, only got 2 and only successfully claimed for 2, 1 presumed stolen but can't do anything about it. Haven't used the service since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

thanks for the advice.

I have a friend up the North, I think I will just get it delivered to their house instead.

What are you calculating your saving to be?

As other posters have said, I would just buy it local. You should also consider the hassle of possible return under warranty should anything go wrong.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 22,207 ✭✭✭✭Esel

thanks for the advice.

Check out RicherSounds too. They deliver most stock from Belfast, and give a six-year warranty on TVs.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Probably been asked a million times but cant find answer in thread, but im trying to order something from England and need a english billing address can i use the parcel motel in newry as billing address and then add my pm number to delievery address.

Thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

catrat12 wrote: »
    Probably been asked a million times but cant find answer in thread, but im trying to order something from England and need a english billing address can i use the parcel motel in newry as billing address and then add my pm number to delievery address.

Thanx

Yes. Use can use exact same address doesnt make any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 PMSC6

I’m in Ireland. How can I get something from UK that is UK domestic? It’s not amazon.

Do I put the UK address and ten they send it to the Ireland one or something?

I’m trying to buy something from England and I’m using parcel motel in the north as my billing and delivery address when I go to pay it keeps rejecting my credit card and visa debit would this be because of the parcel motel address as my cards work perfectly on ever other website

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I’m trying to buy something from England and I’m using parcel motel in the north as my billing and delivery address when I go to pay it keeps rejecting my credit card and visa debit would this be because of the parcel motel address as my cards work perfectly on ever other website

Your problem is that the billing address tied to your card is the address used when you got the card originally. You can't change that willy nilly.

When you make a payment using the card it cross references your correct billing address & if it sees a different address it will deny the transaction.

So, you will have to use your correct billing address & Parcel Motel for your delivery address.

Some companies insist your billing address and deliver address have to be the same.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Your problem is that the billing address tied to your card is the address used when you got the card originally. You can't change that willy nilly.

When you make a payment using the card it cross references your correct billing address & if it sees a different address it will deny the transaction.

So, you will have to use your correct billing address & Parcel Motel for your delivery address.

Some companies insist your billing address and deliver address have to be the same.

Cheers

Can’t use my correct billing address as it’s looking for a Uk post code

Can I check out with PayPal and use parcel motel as address or one of my addresses

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Can’t use my correct billing address as it’s looking for a Uk post code

Can I check out with PayPal and use parcel motel as address or one of my addresses
    Register your Parcel Motel address with PayPal if you have not done this already. I use An Post and have their address registered and never have a problem.

Emmersonn wrote: »
    Register your Parcel Motel address with PayPal if you have not done this already. I use An Post and have their address registered and never have a problem.

Tried it as well no joy
    Just going leave it

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

I just got this email (using Parcel Motel for the first time).

Your parcel has arrived at Parcel Motel HQ and we are taking very good care of it.

**Please allow up to 24 hours for your parcel to be delivered to your Parcel Motel.

So when will my parcel be at my local parcel motel locker? Considering I got this email at 14.55 (Sunday)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Your parcel has arrived at Parcel Motel HQ and we are taking very good care of it.

**Please allow up to 24 hours for your parcel to be delivered to your Parcel Motel.

So when will my parcel be at my local parcel motel locker? Considering I got this email at 14.55 (Sunday)

Monday or Tuesday.....you will be notified by email when it is placed in the locker and is then available for collection

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

Could be anytime, once I got text message at 2 am, so I picked it up afternoon. That's why I like parcel motel, they are working seven days. Never had any problem with them.

It's about 9 months since I used Parcel Motel, I had something low value to order off Amazon so I thought I'd give it a go again and see if the service has gone back to previous levels. Package was delivered to PM this morning so we'll wait and see.

Edit: Package was delivered around 11am, PM scanned it in at 6pm and it was in my locker in Dublin by 3am. That's what I'd be expecting so fair dues to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭celebroom

My parcel arrived at their depot 5 days ago and Ive still not received it. They're also not responding to my ticket requests... Something going on that we're not aware of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Just a quick question are ParcelMotel lockers being rebranded to UPS lockers shortly I have noticed Nightline workers installing a UPS liveried set of lockers in Trinity College. I know UPS bought Nightline last year but i have not heard anything about a rebranding
    UPS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Does anyone use Richmond Road lockers in Dublin?

If so am I the only one to thing the touch screen is shocking?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ivorb

The Parcel Motel in Sandyford (Bizquip) has be broken for the last 3 days. From the looks of it there's no electricity going to it, and the screen and all the systems are dead. I've a parcel in the lockers with no way of getting it out. I rang the number above the screen but its only available in office hours.

Whats bad is they either don't know it's broken, which raises a bunch of security issues, or they know its broken and haven't sent an engineer to fix it. They also haven't told their customers, as the only message I've gotten is my 48hrs has expired and the parcel will be returned to the depot.

Makes me wonder if the lockers are monitored 24/7. If they are, then they should have an emergency number in cases of fire, theft, malfunctions, etc. Seems to me the service has declined since UPS bought them.

• Advertisement

ivorb wrote: »
    Seems to me the service has declined since UPS bought them.

The going theory is that UPS wants to let the service degrade and then replace it with their own lockers, which is borne out by the UPS branded ones above. If it's an upgraded, 'new' service that's more reliable they can charge more for it

Did they respond

Nothing yet. I sent them an email, tweet, etc. My parcel still says 'Expired' and I've another one heading there that's been in transit for 4 days.

Fixed. Any luck?

Yes thanks. I got my 'expired' parcel yesterday evening, after they notified me that the lockers had been fixed. And I got the one that was 'in transit' today, after it eventually arrived in the lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Hi all

Once again I made huge mistake choosing parcel motel or nightline to deliver something to my house. Started in Uk online purchase, delivered to depo as package was oversized, choose home delivery paid for it obviously ...and nothing. They cant deliver it as they don't have driver to deliver!!! What a joke. Asked them twice that I will jump on my bicycle and will bring it to Tallaght myself but I think they dont know were is it at this moment ????

Sweet mother of patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Proof

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged with Parcel Motel thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Has anyone used 'amazon day' delivery to parcel mote/addresspal? Its a feature for prime deliveries to uk addresses where you can choose for everything to be delivered on same day and consolidated where possible. Ireland prime delivery is so slow, I can order something now for delivery on Wednesday, but Sunday to UK. The bad thing with using the UK address is Amazon often split the packages so have to pay multiple parcel motel fees, anyone used this 'Amazon day' delivery, I wonder what the chances of them splitting the order is.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭chooey

My parcel got stolen from a locker yesterday. I went to collect it yesterday morning and when I put my code in it said there was an error. Another man came over and was having the same difficulty and we eventually got through to them and they took our details. They phoned me back in the afternoon to say that there had been an issue with some locks on the lockers but they opened later in the day and the items were stolen. So I’ve to lodge a claim now for a refund which hopefully won’t take long. It was nothing major that I ordered, just some small bits for my child but still frustrating to have to get the money back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

My package arrived in Dublin yesterday (sent it to Dublin address). Thought it would arrive today but it didn't, Instead is says PMD scan out of van? Not sure what that means

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Juran

We ordered a shower door from the UK, free delivery in Ireland. As we are away during the day with work, we had it delivered to Parcel motel - easier for us to pick it up at a local depot. We've done it lots of times before for large items, the pick up fee has always been €7 - as stated on their website (€7 for parcels under 55kg). Parcel Motel emailed and texted me this week to tell me it will cost €147 for the delivery (it is less than 55kg), and yes, agree its big. After 3 days of emailing and calling them - finally spoke to someone today. They confirmed its €147 - I offered to drive to Dublin to pick it up for a smaller fee, or get a courier to bring it down (DPD would charge €20 max) - they tell me to release the item will cost €147, no exception. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Advertisement