Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Spook_ie wrote: »
    I must be missing something in the conversation.

OP says free delivery in Ireland why is Parcel Motel involved? Surely if it was undeliverable because no one at home whichever delivery agent that was being used would just hold it and leave a card.

It's in the first post..

Juran wrote: »
    We ordered a shower door from the UK, free delivery in Ireland. As we are away during the day with work, we had it delivered to Parcel motel - easier for us to pick it up at a local depot. We've done it lots of times before for large items, [...]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

But why? Any delivery agent I've used that couldn't deliver left a card and a number to rearrange delivery, they shouldn't have needed to use PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

OP when you say it is on a pallet do you mean it is attached to the pallet (shrinkwrap) and so the dimensions of the pallet are being included.
    Does it extend over the ends of pallet.
    Could you raise issue with the supplier if the dimensions are more than they specified, if they specified any?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Juran

Update - I paid the €147 euro (I know, crazy fee). I opted to have it delivered to my house as this week I am home and can meet he driver .... plus since they tell me its so big, I was concerned about getting it into my car .... and guess what, I was charged €7.95 for a home delivery !!! After paying €147 of a 'release fee'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Update - I paid the €147 euro (I know, crazy fee). I opted to have it delivered to my house as this week I am home and can meet he driver .... plus since they tell me its so big, I was concerned about getting it into my car .... and guess what, I was charged €7.95 for a home delivery !!! After paying €147 of a 'release fee'.

Did you pay that release fee by credit/debit card? If so I would advise doing a charge-back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

You have to picture of this thing when it arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Did you pay that release fee by credit/debit card? If so I would advise doing a charge-back.

People seem to think of charge back as some magic way to get money back when things don't go you're way, it's not.
    In order to get a chargeback you will have to prove you were charged illegitimatly. In this case it just sounds like the size of the package was bigger than expected, resulting in large charge, parcel motel have done nothing dishonest if that is the case.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

On what grounds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Not reasonable, fair or honest.

If you authorise a payment for something and you get that something, you have no grounds to do a charge back. Possibly even fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

If you authorise a payment for something and you get that something, you have no grounds to do a charge back. Possibly even fraud.

I would think so too. Paying something with the intention of claiming back is fraudulent, not to mention a scummy thing to do.

Nothing wrong with OP writing a letter to management. The charge might be a mistake & possibly illegal if its not listed as a charge on their fees page. I'd be hoping for at least a compromise on the fee. Any dealings I have had with them I found them to be reasonable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Parcel was checked into the Dublin depot on Friday with the usual photo and still waiting for my notification that its been sent to the locker. Never had such a long delay outside of Prime Day/Christmas. Bloody ridiculous!!!! Usually my parcels are sent to the locker within a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Conchy

Want to get something from Amazon UK and it would be delievered to Parcel Motel in the North on Friday. Would it be in my local Parcel Motel locker on Saturday or would it be next week before it arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

The Death throes of a company who knows their entire business model is finished, Hard Brexit equals bye bye UK shopping until we Irexit ourselves within a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭FaganJr

theguzman wrote: »
    The Death throes of a company who knows their entire business model is finished, Hard Brexit equals bye bye UK shopping until we Irexit ourselves within a few years.

We'll never leave, but off you go if you want! G'luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭SteM

What have you seen from the shambles of the last 2 years that makes you think we'll leave Europe? If anything the debacle of brexit has made it much less likely that we'll leave.

I merely pointed out that the parcel forwarding service from Parcel Motel and others is finished until Ireland decides to leave the EU and forge our own trade deals. The EU acts as a cartel to protect German and French Manufacturing from global competition. Tariffs and barriers should go globally if you ask me.

I merely pointed out that the parcel forwarding service from Parcel Motel and others is finished until Ireland decides to leave the EU and forge our own trade deals. The EU acts as a cartel to protect German and French Manufacturing from global competition. Tariffs and barriers should go globally if you ask me.

No one is asking you anything. We just want to see a picture of this shower door when it arrives.

No one is asking you anything. We just want to see a picture of this shower door when it arrives.

They are are not asking you either as if your own contrived self-worth is somehow better than mine. :rolleyes:

They are are not asking you either as if your own contrived self-worth is somehow better than mine. :rolleyes:

There are Brexit threads. If you wish to discuss the impacts of Brexit on couriers and these services, start a thread instead of desperately trying to bring OP's situation back to it.

There are Brexit threads. If you wish to discuss the impacts of Brexit on couriers and these services, start a thread instead of desperately trying to bring OP's situation back to it.

What else should expect from a company that will likely drop 95% in custom within the next month. Basically it would be like booking a Thomas Cook holiday last week or a Norwegian flight when the writing is on the wall already for them.

• Advertisement

What else should expect from a company that will likely drop 95% in custom within the next month. Basically it would be like booking a Thomas Cook holiday last week or a Norwegian flight when the writing is on the wall already for them.

Right. Someone made the decision to rip of OP because the UK is leaving the EU. As I say, go start a thread. No one likes politics being dragged where it doesn't belong.

Right. Someone made the decision to rip of OP because the UK is leaving the EU. As I say, go start a thread. No one likes politics being dragged where it doesn't belong.

No-one likes back seat modding also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Conversation going off topic, no point speculating about Brexit, if you want to talk about Brexit, there's threads about it in other section in Boards.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Spook_ie wrote: »
    But why? Any delivery agent I've used that couldn't deliver left a card and a number to rearrange delivery, they shouldn't have needed to use PM.

This is it in a nutshell. If I was getting a delivery I wouldn't be home to collect, I'd contact the courier company delivering it to have them hold it at their local depot for me to collect it there.

Makes no sense having one courier company deliver to the depot of another courier company for collection at extra expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Quackster wrote: »
    This is it in a nutshell. If I was getting a delivery I wouldn't be home to collect, I'd contact the courier company delivering it to have them hold it at their local depot for me to collect it there.

Makes no sense having one courier company deliver to the depot of another courier company for collection at extra expense.

I can see why he did it but I wouldn't have risked it personally

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

I know we had a bit of wind but has anyone else found the Parcelmotel lockers wont open ie screen not responsive? In Clare.

As for ringing the phone number , waste of time. Why publish a number and then not answer it.?

Quite a few disappointed customers around today.

Thanks for moving but no replies! An update locker is still out of order but I keep getting messages to collect and today the message says it will be returned to depot!!

It must mean when they deliver on Saturday thats it for the weekend. I hope its fixed on Monday and I can get parcel. All their numbers are the 1890 type even the one beginning 076. At least from 1 December they will be gone. a right rip off, paying to hang on what a con.

Nothing on their website no apology no update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Any idea how long it takes for parcel to show up on account? Got one delivered to PM in the north today at 2am but still nothing showing on my account.

It can be very quick ie same day but usually 24 hours. However if it is saying delivered chase them up.

They fixed the drop off lockers in ennis today around 10.15, a new touch screen. I was able to ring a dublin number and after waiting they opened drawer remotely but lockers were out of service since 10am saturday. They then reset the locker so the 48 hours started again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

swoofer wrote: »
    It can be very quick ie same day but usually 24 hours. However if it is saying delivered chase them up.

They fixed the drop off lockers in ennis today around 10.15, a new touch screen. I was able to ring a dublin number and after waiting they opened drawer remotely but lockers were out of service since 10am saturday. They then reset the locker so the 48 hours started again.

Just got checked in there now.

However I inputted the weight and dimensions into their calculator online as it is oversized, the price came up as 7 euro but they are after charging me 14.00?

Has this happened to anyone else before?

Advertisement